Dhs h3 neo or Dhs tg3 neo

This user has no status.
Hey everyone i'm about to buy a new rubber for my forehand and i previously used stiga calibra lt spin and wanted to move to chinese rubber. But i never played chinese tacky rubber and want to know which one is better for power topspin, serving and blocking.

Is Hurricane 3 neo better or neo skyline tg3.

FH: H3 neo or Tg3 neo(black)
BH: Andro rasant grip(red)
Blade: butterfly xstar iv
ae9d47eea00278fb270b249c40dc29fc.jpg
a634370290675f877058e82998c822bc.jpg

656d01782aa7ed5f4515e5a95b47fd07.jpg
f92f30045f8b5ec79a903f92b0ae1d85.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Both hurricane and skyline are good in topspin drives (if you use the correct technique "Chinese Style Loop") and they are very good in serve and touch play.

I can't really say which one is best as every player is different.

The main differences between these two rubbers are:

1) H3Neo has a very tacky topsheet where as the skyline is not as tacky more grippy.

2) DHS have made out that H3Neo is for Spin Speed Play where as the Skyline is speed Control.

3) I believe from my own findings that Skyline is slightly softer overall which provides more speed than H3Neo.

TBH your best bet is to purchase both rubbers you can pick them up for £12/$18 each.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
Both hurricane and skyline are good in topspin drives (if you use the correct technique "Chinese Style Loop") and they are very good in serve and touch play.

1) H3Neo has a very tacky topsheet where as the skyline is not as tacky more grippy.

2) DHS have made out that H3Neo is for Spin Speed Play where as the Skyline is speed Control.

3) I believe from my own findings that Skyline is slightly softer overall which provides more speed than H3Neo.

TBH your best bet is to purchase both rubbers you can pick them up for £12/$18 each.

Pricey 11 thank you very much for your reply.
And as your telling me skyline is more of grippy sort than tacky, it might be easier for me to play with.
And as skyline is more of control i would say i better go with it.
Thank you very much for your reply.[emoji2]

Reactions: fais
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Nov 2010
I am a big DHS fan. However, I find that there isn't much difference between the different types of NEOs. I like them all.
Yes, the H3 has a higher spin to speed ratio but mostly because it isn't very fast. It isn't because it generates more spin with the same stroke.

The DHS rating saying this one has spin or that one has speed or control is bogus.

Rubbers don't have control, the player does. The player generates the speed and spin too. The DHS rubber may have slightly different normal and tangential CORs but not so it affect one stroke in a noticeable way.

The Neo rubbers are almost indestructible.

Reactions: ZB12345
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Skyline 3 has a higher speed/spin ratio and Hurricane 3 has a higher spin/speed ratio.

However, you should know, if you have been using Calibra LT Spin, it is not possible to make a harder transition, to use two rubbers that are more different.

Calibra LT Spin is pretty darn soft. The topsheet is complete non-tacky. The throw is ultra-low because there is very little grab on the ball with the topsheet. There is a ton of catapult from the Calibra. If you were using pretty much any other euro rubber, switching to the DHS rubbers would still be hard but not half as hard as switching from the rubbers you are using.

The are completely direct opposites in as many ways as you can think of or imagine.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

This user has no status.
If you wish for blazingly fast, low flying, low arcing, net skimming, spin laden loop drives, then go with the tg3n, if you are looking for crazy arcing, crazy spinning high flying loops that dip at the last instant giving the illusion the ball is going to fly of the table, then go with the h3n

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
I would also like to suggest you Friendship Transcend with a bit of tuner is simply unstoppable and half price DHS 3, 42°, 2.2mm, can lift the ball for about 2 seconds, medium arch, perfect for chinese or euro loop, last very long time. If you have slow loop issues it will solve them for you until you learn more and then give the euro rubbers another chance.

I am a big DHS fan. However, I find that there isn't much difference between the different types of NEOs. I like them all.
Yes, the H3 has a higher spin to speed ratio but mostly because it isn't very fast. It isn't because it generates more spin with the same stroke.

The DHS rating saying this one has spin or that one has speed or control is bogus.

Rubbers don't have control, the player does. The player generates the speed and spin too. The DHS rubber may have slightly different normal and tangential CORs but not so it affect one stroke in a noticeable way.

The Neo rubbers are almost indestructible.
I really enjoy your posts and look for them because there are always good portions of concrete knowledge in them. But I can't agree with H3 NEO being indestructible. Either you have never touched the table with the rubber or you got a fake or you haven't tried a really durable rubber like XIOM Sigma I europe( I guess it's the same with every xiom rubber). That's my honest opinion, no offense. With h3(1 month) I got the edges of the top sheet fail easily, xiom(1 and half year) not at all. I'm not saying though that h3 isn't good rubber. If you ask me it is a great rubber and at the price it comes its durability is remarkable. I have reviewed both in the review center if you want you can check. Its a 5 star rubber for me.

This user has no status.
Skyline 3 has a higher speed/spin ratio and Hurricane 3 has a higher spin/speed ratio.

However, you should know, if you have been using Calibra LT Spin, it is not possible to make a harder transition, to use two rubbers that are more different.

Calibra LT Spin is pretty darn soft. The topsheet is complete non-tacky. The throw is ultra-low because there is very little grab on the ball with the topsheet. There is a ton of catapult from the Calibra. If you were using pretty much any other euro rubber, switching to the DHS rubbers would still be hard but not half as hard as switching from the rubbers you are using.

The are completely direct opposites in as many ways as you can think of or imagine.

Hey carl
I know that calibra LT spin is soft, non tacky, low throw and i'm moving to a hard, tacky and maybe high throw.
As you know calibra lt spin creates rotation on the ball only when sponge is engaged and if you just brush it, the ball will fall.
Playing with low throw, i never had a hard time playing with its low throw as it has the long flight trajectory which i really like as well as the trans tension sponge. But my rubber is no longer gripping the ball (which is the only way to produce spin) so i need to change.
I have a quite low budget right now, so i want to get the skyline.
And i'm a bit tired of soft sponge on my FH and actually i was using DHS years ago, was a PF-4 which i really like on both FH and BH.
For my BH rubber i've already got a rasant grip and FH i think i'm going to get the skyline.

This user has no status.
I really enjoy your posts and look for them because there are always good portions of concrete knowledge in them. But I can't agree with H3 NEO being indestructible. Either you have never touched the table with the rubber or you got a fake or you haven't tried a really durable rubber like XIOM Sigma I europe( I guess it's the same with every xiom rubber). That's my honest opinion, no offense. With h3(1 month) I got the edges of the top sheet fail easily, xiom(1 and half year) not at all. I'm not saying though that h3 isn't good rubber. If you ask me it is a great rubber and at the price it comes its durability is remarkable. I have reviewed both in the review center if you want you can check. Its a 5 star rubber for me.
i think that might be down to individual quality control. i have a sheet of h3, h3 neo and tg3 neo all on spare blades for well over a year, they do get sued and often by new players and have seen a fair few table bashes and none are at alldamaged apart from a 3 pimple chip on the h3 neo. but at over a year old with bashes im impressed, thats better than all non chinese rubbers i've tried.

i think that might be down to individual quality control. i have a sheet of h3, h3 neo and tg3 neo all on spare blades for well over a year, they do get sued and often by new players and have seen a fair few table bashes and none are at alldamaged apart from a 3 pimple chip on the h3 neo. but at over a year old with bashes im impressed, thats better than all non chinese rubbers i've tried.
The 3 pimple chip is just not possible in Xiom Sigma I eu, you will either cause the whole rubber to separate from the blade or you will have this result from a lot of rubbing on the table after 1 and a half year of play 3 times a week20160103_145740.jpg marks in the topsheet that dont affect performance. On the other hand here is a Dhs Hurricane 3 Neo 20160103_145841.jpg20160103_150047.jpg with the first contacts with the table. But now we are talking about the durability of a 15 euro rubber vs a 40 euro rubber! When we talk about speed, spin and looping Dhs Hurricane 3 Neo is hands down the absolute favorite for me.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hey carl
I know that calibra LT spin is soft, non tacky, low throw and i'm moving to a hard, tacky and maybe high throw.
As you know calibra lt spin creates rotation on the ball only when sponge is engaged and if you just brush it, the ball will fall.
Playing with low throw, i never had a hard time playing with its low throw as it has the long flight trajectory which i really like as well as the trans tension sponge. But my rubber is no longer gripping the ball (which is the only way to produce spin) so i need to change.
I have a quite low budget right now, so i want to get the skyline.
And i'm a bit tired of soft sponge on my FH and actually i was using DHS years ago, was a PF-4 which i really like on both FH and BH.
For my BH rubber i've already got a rasant grip and FH i think i'm going to get the skyline.

As long as you know that is the biggest change possible and that you are going from one extreme to the other. If your level is solid it won't matter too much. Just be prepared for a few hours of training where you feel out at sea and as if you made the wrong choice. If your technique is good, it shouldn't take longer than that to adjust your technique to a rubber that is almost the complete opposite of what you have been using.

Skyline is the faster lower throw rubber of those DHS rubbers. I would say that would be a better fit since you are basically coming from the the fastest, lowest throw, least grippy, most catapult rubber around.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2015

Pls suggest online store for buying h3 cheapest and original pls

Sent from my R7kf using Tapatalk