Hurricane long 5 vs hurricane long 3

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Yes great quality blade, manufacturing is well done. Huge large spot for an all wood blade, surprisingly easy to loop than my ALL blade I'm testing right now, just needs dedication into your shots and to range them well. I heard the PG7 is the same for fraction of the price, minus the quality control so maybe worth buying one and trying for yourself in case you don't like it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DHS-POWER...hash=item3cef299b3e:m:m8jDz1K-nknaZ3sW9h2CpQg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
What a coincidence: I broke my hurricane long 3 blade tonight...????. But the hurricane long 3 is a fast blade with a sweetspot covering all the blade! Nice touch for short game and power in long distance rally. I'm trying to glue this blade and handle together. Hopefully I can fix this, because it was quiet expensive.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G900F met Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
If this dont work, I will try hurricane 5. One particular note: with celluloid balls this blade is a monster ( OFF++), but with plastic ball it feel more like an OFF+. That's why I think they developed the Hurricane Long 5 for Ma Long to compensatie the decrease of power/speed.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Listen kinocchio, my cousin who never really had time to play table tennis much, who also purchased the same Hurricane Long 3 as me, is thinking of selling it. He is not 100% sure but I'm just putting this out there in case you are interested. See what's happening in your topic about fixing yours, I personally never had to repair a blade so not sure what the procedure is on trying to fix it, if you can't and decide to look for another blade you can let me know. I personally find the DHS Long 3 superb and in my recent testing on ALL vs OFF blade, I couldn't wait to get back to it. Love the looping power and short touch play. Such a versatile blade and until I went away from it I finally started to understand what people mean by not all rubbers suit every blade. The thing with Hurricane Long 3 is whether you are using tacky, european, 1.7, or MAX rubbers, it always plays superb. Maybe the only time I found it didn't like specific rubber is when you end up with a 36 degrees soft rubbers, exaggerated that mushy feel.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
I'll see what the blade will become after glueing and playing with it. Otherwise I'll try hurricane long 5 I think

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Hurricane long 5 is cheaper than hurricane long 3 I see. How can that be?

This user has no status.
Hurricane long 5 is cheaper than hurricane long 3 I see. How can that be?

You must have checked the price on tt11. See, they have actually controlled the price of long 5. As they have discounts based on the total cost of equipments you buy,,,hence lets say with long3, you touch 200euro. Then you get 20% discount on long 3. Hence you get at 120 euro. But long 5 will have the constant price,,, 139 euro,,mostly. Got it ?
I hope this helps.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
Listen kinocchio, my cousin who never really had time to play table tennis much, who also purchased the same Hurricane Long 3 as me, is thinking of selling it. He is not 100% sure but I'm just putting this out there in case you are interested. See what's happening in your topic about fixing yours, I personally never had to repair a blade so not sure what the procedure is on trying to fix it, if you can't and decide to look for another blade you can let me know. I personally find the DHS Long 3 superb and in my recent testing on ALL vs OFF blade, I couldn't wait to get back to it. Love the looping power and short touch play. Such a versatile blade and until I went away from it I finally started to understand what people mean by not all rubbers suit every blade. The thing with Hurricane Long 3 is whether you are using tacky, european, 1.7, or MAX rubbers, it always plays superb. Maybe the only time I found it didn't like specific rubber is when you end up with a 36 degrees soft rubbers, exaggerated that mushy feel.

Let me know. Am actually interested in buying that hurricane 3. thanks

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
The deal is off guys. We end up playing tonight and I was telling him about my epiphany on ALL and OFF blades (should update my thread really) and on my recent findings. Only because the coach kept ****ing around with our minds and I needed to experiment for myself. Long story short the Hurricane Long 3 is a hell of a looping monster, so much easier to lift backspin and keep the fast pace on. Even he agreed on the robot he had better results in the drills. So unfortunately he won't sell and in fact we are looking to replace his worn out Coppa JO Gold with something like MX-P or EL-P, I think I might go back to european too, hence why I'm inquiring in some other threads. But yeah, really a bumper for breaking your blade, expensive too. This is why you won't see me dry swing or throw it on the table when I'm mad. I have other crappy blades for that :) Also best straight handle I have ever used! And I only have limited comparison to Appelgren Allplay

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2015
ma long 5 is better if u like i have one brand new in box never use 150$ US :)
Where are you staying??
What a coincidence: I broke my hurricane long 3 blade tonight...????. But the hurricane long 3 is a fast blade with a sweetspot covering all the blade! Nice touch for short game and power in long distance rally. I'm trying to glue this blade and handle together. Hopefully I can fix this, because it was quiet expensive.

Sent from my R7kf using Tapatalk

The deal is off guys. We end up playing tonight and I was telling him about my epiphany on ALL and OFF blades (should update my thread really) and on my recent findings. Only because the coach kept ****ing around with our minds and I needed to experiment for myself. Long story short the Hurricane Long 3 is a hell of a looping monster, so much easier to lift backspin and keep the fast pace on. Even he agreed on the robot he had better results in the drills. So unfortunately he won't sell and in fact we are looking to replace his worn out Coppa JO Gold with something like MX-P or EL-P, I think I might go back to european too, hence why I'm inquiring in some other threads. But yeah, really a bumper for breaking your blade, expensive too. This is why you won't see me dry swing or throw it on the table when I'm mad. I have other crappy blades for that :) Also best straight handle I have ever used! And I only have limited comparison to Appelgren Allplay

What do you think about DHS Long 5, Sir? HL3 or HL5 for you?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
What do you think about DHS Long 5, Sir? HL3 or HL5 for you?

Welcome to the forum.

Just making sure you realize that this post in this thread is from over 10 months ago. I have not seen Kokain post in several months. But your other thread seems to have people giving you good information about the blades you are interested in.

Sent from the Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 34 reviews
Yes, both are good blades, and both are different. They're DHS's flagship blades for a reason.

We recently had our equipment tester Patrick review both of them. He basically concluded that the Long 3 supports many different playing styles, but the Long 5 is a fast and high-end composite blade for relentless offensive play.

If you'd like, you can read the
full review of both of the blades here.