Chinese Trials For WTTTC 2016

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
It is interesting how ZJK has played really badly since his shoulder injury in WTTC and all of a sudden he is now playing well.

I could be wrong but I think he likes people to think he has lost it and can't play.

I also think NextLevel has a point even though it seems FZD still comes in 4th behind the XX, ZJK and ML.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

Reactions: Donow and NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Aug 2012
seems like the mood in these games is totally different than in the ittf scene.
everybody's more relaxed.
ma long is not the untouchable star he is there.
here he's just another one of the group, so it's normal that xu xin and zjk beat him.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
I dont understand why ZJK winning over ML is a surprise? Even in the grand finals match, it was clear that zjk lost it more than ma won it. XX over FZD does not make an impression either. FZD is still too predictable. Im glad that my predictions came correct LGL stated that the trials are focused on ML and ZJK, they are still the best when it matters, even if XX manage to beat them. So unless any weird injury happens they are the candidates for Rio but they will have to prove it in the asian trials and I wonder if LGL will give a chance to FZD XX or Fang Bo (not likely)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2015
I dont understand why ZJK winning over ML is a surprise? Even in the grand finals match, it was clear that zjk lost it more than ma won it. XX over FZD does not make an impression either. FZD is still too predictable. Im glad that my predictions came correct LGL stated that the trials are focused on ML and ZJK, they are still the best when it matters, even if XX manage to beat them. So unless any weird injury happens they are the candidates for Rio but they will have to prove it in the asian trials and I wonder if LGL will give a chance to FZD XX or Fang Bo (not likely)

Funny how everybody's talking about how good ML and ZJK played and giving credits to them, but don't consider Xu Xin at all. I don't think it will help running down Xu Xin's successes. Just remember what he posted in his weibo: by that you'll actually make him play better and better

Reactions: Donow
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
It is interesting how ZJK has played really badly since his shoulder injury in WTTC and all of a sudden he is now playing well.

I could be wrong but I think he likes people to think he has lost it and can't play.

I also think NextLevel has a point even though it seems FZD still comes in 4th behind the XX, ZJK and ML.

I am sure that FZD's coach requested some kind of change in approach or something. It's unlikely that this is FZD just playing the way he does and losing so badly in matches.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Funny how everybody's talking about how good ML and ZJK played and giving credits to them, but don't consider Xu Xin at all. I don't think it will help running down Xu Xin's successes. Just remember what he posted in his weibo: by that you'll actually make him play better and better

Sometimes, you have to win when something is really on the line for people to take you seriously. The real battle here is for the 5th spot in the WTTTC. The top 4 just proved what we already knew, and I think some people are taking all this too seriously. The main thing people might have wanted to see was whether ZJK was still in the top tier of CNT and he overwhelmingly proved it.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

I think NextLevel's post that follows addresses the main issue.

Sometimes, you have to win when something is really on the line for people to take you seriously. The real battle here is for the 5th spot in the WTTTC. The top 4 just proved what we already knew, and I think some people are taking all this too seriously. The main thing people might have wanted to see was whether ZJK was still in the top tier of CNT and he overwhelmingly proved it.

But you are making a good point and I do see people pointing out how well XX played. He played great. However, he has not had a period where he played terribly and lost to people who weren't even in the top 50.

Whereas, ZJK has looked like Hot Garbage since the end of the WTTC in May 2015. This is the first time he actually looked good since then. And there have been people wondering if he is done and how long he will be in the top 10. So his results are eye opening and seeing him up his level 10 notches is interesting. Where XX has continued the great play he always exhibits and upped that 1.5 notches.

But still, the point that, overall, XX has the most impressive results of the trials is without question.

This user has no status.
I think NextLevel's post that follows addresses the main issue.

But you are making a good point and I do see people pointing out how well XX played. He played great. However, he has not had a period where he played terribly and lost to people who weren't even in the top 50.

Whereas, ZJK has looked like Hot Garbage since the end of the WTTC in May 2015. This is the first time he actually looked good since then. And there have been people wondering if he is done and how long he will be in the top 10. So his results are eye opening and seeing him up his level 10 notches is interesting. Where XX has continued the great play he always exhibits and upped that 1.5 notches.

But still, the point that, overall, XX has the most impressive results of the trials is without question.

i think the point is a lot of people on furms have been writing him off recently, with threads like the current state of xx, i think he is playing more directly and winning because of it. but no one seems to care. if FZD beat ma 5.0 they would be like OMG. and they did for ma beating FZD 5.0, but nothing for XX.

the point is he is very forgotten, zhang i get because its good he is coming back but no one is talking about how the no3 who was no1 4-5 months ago and people were asking will he ever get a higher rank now ma is amazing and FZD is doing well and above him and he is playing like a champion.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
It's true, not many people noticed or made comment about how great XX played. None of these guys for sure:

Xu Xin ranking first in squad trial. ^^ Doing penholders proud despite being the only penholder in the squad trial. Very impressive!

Xu Xin 5:0 Fan Zhendong
Xu Xin 5:3 Shang Kun

Impressive! In his Weibo, Xu Xin gave credit to Shang Kun and wrote something like "thanks to everyone who did not want me to win".

Today's current result for Chinese Trials 2016...
Zhang Jike defeated Ma Long by 5:2
Xu Xin defeated Fan Zhendong by 5:0

XX's current game win-loss ratio is 0.654 (34 wins, 18 losses, ranked #1)ZJK's game win-loss ratio is 0.600 (33 wins, 22 losses, ranked #3)

I was not expecting those results!

This is unbelievable!