OSP Virtuoso CRWi UNI OFF

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
What is OSP...?
I had to find out who this manufacture was, so I decided to get a blade and chose the new OSP Virtuoso CRWi UNI OFF which is pretty similar in composition as my main blade the DHS W968 2nd edition.

I have heard so many good things about their blades which comes in high handcrafted custom quality.
I must say that the rumors were true when I received the blade.
IMO the quality is higher than brands like Butterfly! So smooth on the edges and and you can actually feel and smell is has been made hand.
This blade is a beauty and I am really looking forward to see how it performs - hopefully as it looks!

My custom OSP Virtuoso CRWi UNI OFF specs, according to the data card which is incl., are:
Head size small 157x150
weight 87.3g
thickness 5.63mm
FL handle Custom Master shaped
Balance center/head

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

In depth analysis of the OSP Virtuoso CRWi UNI OFF.

After reading a lot of positive things about OSP and their popular model Virtuoso it made me curious what's the fuzz was about. Until end of 2015 OSP haven't had any commercial blades with carbon and when they announced their new carbon blades I knew, I had to get one!

I had to find out who this manufacture was, so I decided to get a blade and chose the new OSP Virtuoso CRWi UNI OFF which is pretty similar in composition as my main blade the DHS W968

Unboxing:
When I opened the box which the blade arrived in I could smell the varnish OSP use as sealing. It was like being in a carpenter's workshop and by the looks and smoothness of the edges of the blade one could easy tell the blade was handcrafted. The quality of the Virtuoso CRWi is so high some would say it is better than even Butterfly blades!

I received my blade according to the specs I wanted and from the data card the spec are
Head size small 157x150
Weight 87.3g
Thickness 5.63mm
Handle FL Custom Master shaped
Balance center/head

Composition: Limba-Limba-Carbon UNI-Ayous-Carbon UNI-Limba-Limba (not confirmed)

The box includes the Virtuoso CRWi UNI OFF blade, the specification and greeting card from OSP and a beautiful ruler for measuring net height and rubber thickness.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Drive
When driving with this blade I could immediately feel the the high amount of control even with hard rubbers like H3 FH and T05 BH. Compared to both IF ALC and my DHS W968 this blade had more feel which made it easy to direct the ball where you want it.

Loop
In the opening game you could really feel the ease to make open ups due to the dwell that the limba outer ply helps create. Controllable slow spinny loops is done with less effort on both sides with a medium arc. You can really feel the ball dig into the bat. When looping from mid distance I could feel the carbon layer being kind of activated and adding extra speed to the loops. To compared the speed to other blades it would be similar to the IF ALC, but maybe a bit less speed. For my personal preference the speed was lagging a notch. The blade plays like if you loop slowly the blade acts like an ALL+ blade and with higher load it acts like an OFF blade.

image.jpeg

Short play
In this part of the game the control just made the it easy to receive slow and relative fast incoming services short with good quality. This means low receives and with good amount of spin if you are able to snap the ball.

Flicks
Banana flicks it just amazing with this blade! Again the dwell and amount of control is just evident going over the table and grab the ball like the ball is sticking to your rubber.

Conclusion
The esthetic of the OSP Virtuoso CRWi UNI OFF is just amazing and I can not pinpoint anything negative about the blade or the quality. I personally would have chosen a faster blade if I was to use it as my main blade. Perhaps the Ultimate or Martin would be have been a better choice for me. I would recommend this blade to players who plays close to the table and like to take the first advantage by opening with spinny loops or flicking over the table. Also the player that likes to keep the table with controllable blocks. If you would a carbon blade with an all wood feel this is a really good alternative!

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hey Giang, a few pieces of information.

First, the standard flare from OSP is exactly the same as the Stiga Master Flare. I am not sure if you customed that and they did not tell you, but, their flare handle is my favorite handle ever. So, either way, I am sure that handle is awesome.

Second, with the all wood versions, because the blade has just been assembled for you after you order it, or at least, that is the conclusion I cam to, the blades feel really weird for the first few times you play. Or at least with the wooden versions. After a few sessions hitting with them, 3-10 hours depending on the blade, or at least with the 4 I got from them, that was the range. After you hit with them for a while the settle down and start feeling better and better. But at first the ones I had were a bit jumpy and felt a bit like trampolines.

After the second one, I got used to it and realized what was going on. :)

It may not happen with the carbon ones. But if it does, you should know, it is worth using it and doing some training till it breaks in. I love the new design with the dark OSP Logo and the dark writing too.

Have fun with it.

Reactions: Suga D and Giangt
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
Hey Giang, a few pieces of information.

First, the standard flare from OSP is exactly the same as the Stiga Master Flare. I am not sure if you customed that and they did not tell you, but, their flare handle is my favorite handle ever. So, either way, I am sure that handle is awesome.

Second, with the all wood versions, because the blade has just been assembled for you after you order it, or at least, that is the conclusion I cam to, the blades feel really weird for the first few times you play. Or at least with the wooden versions. After a few sessions hitting with them, 3-10 hours depending on the blade, or at least with the 4 I got from them, that was the range. After you hit with them for a while the settle down and start feeling better and better. But at first the ones I had were a bit jumpy and felt a bit like trampolines.

After the second one, I got used to it and realized what was going on. :)

It may not happen with the carbon ones. But if it does, you should know, it is worth using it and doing some training till it breaks in. I love the new design with the dark OSP Logo and the dark writing too.

Have fun with it.
Thank you for sharing your experience with me!
Laszlo who is the guy I've been in touch with told me the standard flared handle is somewhere in between master and legend. I prefer master fl when it comes down to Stiga handles, therefore I asked him to a more master'ish handle. Whether it has been done I do not know. Anyhow the handle is awesome!

I really like the new design as well with the black logo and dark laser cut writing. "Welcome to the dark side" ;)
I just glued H3 NEO prov in FH and T05 in BH and had a few bounces with a ball. There a lot feedback the type of wood feel which I like. I will try to notice if anything feels weird when testing the paddle.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
OPS Virtuoso CRWi UNI OFF

Cool.

Well, when I put the handle next to the Master handle on my Clipper they were the same. I compared to the Legend Flare from my Allround Evolution, it was noticeably smaller. Those were the only two I compared but, by eye, they Master Flare looked exactly the same to me. But I could be wrong. Either way, I totally love their handles.

Hopefully, you don't feel what I am talking about with the carbon. But, no matter what, these blades get better and have more feeling with age. After 6 months you can feel the difference to a noticeable extent.

I have a feeling you are going to love that blade.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
Cool.

Well, when I put the handle next to the Master handle on my Clipper they were the same. I compared to the Legend Flare from my Allround Evolution, it was noticeably smaller. Those were the only two I compared but, by eye, they Master Flare looked exactly the same to me. But I could be wrong. Either way, I totally love their handles.

Hopefully, you don't feel what I am talking about with the carbon. But, no matter what, these blades get better and have more feeling with age. After 6 months you can feel the difference to a noticeable extent.

I have a feeling you are going to love that blade.

I hope so too! :)

I just measured my Infinity master fl and it is more or less the same size as the V-CRWi only difference is the flat part where you place you thumb. It is high on the Infinity.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
Awesome! Nice review as ever.

I love these blades. Amazing balance between flex and power, and a looping machine from mid-distance. Like a super luxury upgraded Waldner Senso Carbon but with mega feel.
Thank you for your kind words Andy! Are you still using yours?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Thank you for your kind words Andy! Are you still using yours?

No, I switched to the CRWi for a few weeks mid-season but went back to my regular setup because I couldn't put the time into adjusting while we had crucial league matches. I had some great results with them but I was making stupid unforced errors too. My season finishes this week though and I'm going to be putting a lot more time into them.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
No, I switched to the CRWi for a few weeks mid-season but went back to my regular setup because I couldn't put the time into adjusting while we had crucial league matches. I had some great results with them but I was making stupid unforced errors too. My season finishes this week though and I'm going to be putting a lot more time into them.

What is your main setup at present Andy? And what blades are you testing in the off season?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
What is your main setup at present Andy? And what blades are you testing in the off season?

I've used the Crest AR+ for most of the season. Once the league has finished I'll be having a bash with the CRWi and two custom blades - one from Levi and one from Stefan Elsner. I have to be honest though - I'm really attached to the Crest so there's every chance that I'll just stick with that.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I personally would have chosen a faster blade if I was to use it as my main blade.

I was actually surprised you didn't. I wonder what the Martin that is all wood feels like. But I bet the Martin with carbon would be a beast. [emoji2]

Great review. I am still loving my Virtuoso Plus (all wood). [emoji2]

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews

That is a good call! Well I will be looking forward to hear about your findings after you finish your season.

I was actually surprised you didn't. I wonder what the Martin that is all wood feels like. But I bet the Martin with carbon would be a beast. [emoji2]
Great review. I am still loving my Virtuoso Plus (all wood). [emoji2]

When I specified the blade to OSP I had in mind that I wanted to compare the blade with similar construction like wood-wood-composite-wood-composite-wood-wood. As I didn't have any experience with the Virtuoso series I wanted a VCRWi with small head size which is 157x150mm because I was concerned about a larger head size would be too fast. Haven't tried the Ultimate or the Martin series, but if I was test one it would a CRW version.

hehe yeah I know you love yours. :) still keeping it as your main blade?

Last edited: