Coat the blades were good...

This user has no status.
I think sonic here wanna say,

Blade coating / varnish actually make glueing harder, compared to non coated blade, so,

He has yet to understand the benefit of blade coating. :)

2 immediate (?) benefit,
- weaker glue actually a good thing, to powerful glue can detach the wood portion, we called it splintering. Blade coat protect the wood from glueing damages.
- it may disputed, but, coated blade feel firmer and harder than non coated one.

And no matter how weak the table tennis glue is, I have yet to see a person that can detach it in normal play, e.g., flying rubber loop, assuming it properly glued, and you hit the table tennis ball, not table or teammate [emoji14]

Sent from my T1X Plus using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
7488646b1f6d2844ffb123a4088a7e65.jpg

From the time it was released by bty japan til now. No sealing and it is perfectly well.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Reactions: changed_23
This user has no status.
7488646b1f6d2844ffb123a4088a7e65.jpg

From the time it was released by bty japan til now. No sealing and it is perfectly well.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

-----
Why do you attach a photo of the handle? The protective coat goes on the head of the blade where the rubbers are attached not on the handle ...

Reactions: changed_23
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I think with some brands it is more useful than others. I like to seal my blades. But I know people who have never sealed their blades and are always fine.

I do also know people who have messed their blade up by how they removed there rubbers whether they had sealed the blade or not. But I like sealing mine.

And often, blades from a company like Butterfly don't need sealing.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Hello this is post #4, i still don't understand how is it related to me or posting picture of the handle. By the way that ZJK blade is cheap guys, don't bother sealing something like that =D (400$) get something even more expensive...but yeah anyway joke aside nice blade, nice pic. Like I already covered previously, the reasons for sealing. It doesn't just benefit the blade. If you don't want to harden the surface and change the wood attributes, don't use regular shiny varnish. There is a different wax coating that leaves the surface still looking matte. Ask Carl for the DIY alternative instead of overpriced TT products.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hello this is post #4, i still don't understand how is it related to me or posting picture of the handle. By the way that ZJK blade is cheap guys, don't bother sealing something like that =D (400$) get something even more expensive...but yeah anyway joke aside nice blade, nice pic. Like I already covered previously, the reasons for sealing. It doesn't just benefit the blade. If you don't want to harden the surface and change the wood attributes, don't use regular shiny varnish. There is a different wax coating that leaves the surface still looking matte. Ask Carl for the DIY alternative instead of overpriced TT products.

Minwax Wipe-On Poly:

http://www.minwax.com/wood-products/clear-protective-finishes/wipe-ons/minwax-wipe-on-poly

With one 16 0z can you would be able to seal at least 100 blades; probably 500.

And I got this idea of using Minwax Wipe-On Poly from something Greg Letts wrote years ago on about.com.

Last edited:
Reactions: BeGo and Kokain