Tomokazu Harimoto Tribute 2016!

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
What I really like about the Tomokazu Harimoto story is we can really follow his progress. It is non existent to find Ma Long and Zhang Jike videos on youtube when they were 11 years old.... correct me if i'm wrong. So it will be interesting to see how Harimoto copes with growing, technique, style and adapting to any changes of the game as he gets older. Will he become world number 1... I'm not so sure. I think he can reach top 5. I think the Chinese will dominate top spots for the next 10-15 years at least.

Outstanding tribute! Go Harimoto!

Reactions: BeGo and fais
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2013
Read 2 reviews
Here is his weakness, actually the weakness of many Japanese players: lack of power. Before you say that he is still young, it is not his body but his stroke, decided that his power is limited. Check other young Chinese players, such as Wan Chuxin and Yu Ziyang. There is so much more speed and spin in their stoke comparing with this kid. I would say top 10 is a huge challene for all his career...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2015
There are some news on harimoto and they doesnt sound very nice...

tabletennista.com/2016/1/tomokazu-harimoto-posted-unexpected-results-in-shanghai/

The message is clear, it doesnt matter how strong you are, the chinese are always stronger than you.
Even if the guys were a few years oder than him, there was almost one boy in the same age, who won against harimoto.

Edit: I had to "clean" the link, because i dont have 5 posts already and i have not the permission to post a link. I hope it is not against rules. Its my first time posting on a forum which is in english and not in german, except my first post in this forum few days ago.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Edit: I had to "clean" the link, because i dont have 5 posts already and i have not the permission to post a link. I hope it is not against rules. Its my first time posting on a forum which is in english and not in german, except my first post in this forum few days ago.

Welcome to the forum, Odbytolog

Don't worry. It's for security reasons to keep the Spambots in check. Dan just wrote this a couple of days ago.

Welcome to TTD Vossi :)

Good idea yes we might introduce the gray out link option as you have mentioned, good idea.

We have set the link limit to 5 posts as this stops spam bots blitzing the site with external unnecessary links as Carl and Der have mentioned. The scripts on TTD will stop a lot of bots trying to use the site by simply blocking bots posting with links. The only downside to this sometimes is clever bots will post 5 quick posts very quickly before the mod team get there in time to remove them :D

Here's a link to the thread, where the quote is from.

http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?12162-5-post-limit-to-include-links&p=134045