says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
The All Japan Championships 2016 has commenced!

January 11, 2016 (Monday) to 17 (Sunday)

junmizutani2014.jpg

Jun Mizutani Champion of 2015 All Japan Championships!
Photo by: world-tt.com

Last years champions Jun Mizutani and Kasumi Ishikawa won the men's and women's singles. Will the two retain their titles?

The All Japan Championships 2016 events include:
Men's Singles
Women's singles
Men's Doubles
Women's Doubles
Mized Doubles

We can use this topic to display all the latest news, results, fixtures and videos from this spectacular tournament!

Reactions: Suga D
Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Here is the website with the scores.
http://japantabletennis.com/zennihon2016/result
But they provide scores from best of 32. Untill know the scores are not ready.
This round Mizutani will play against sambe kohei. If he wins he will meet Masato Shiono probably (it could be tough match, Mizu is not good against defenders). On the botoom half there is seya Kishikawa and Oshima Yuya and Yuto Muramatsu. The winner will meet Mizu or Masato in semifinal.
The other half we have Kenta Matsudaira, Morizono masataka, Yoshimura maharu, and probably koki niwa (my translator does not work well).

Reactions: Suga D and luci_rac
Draws for men's and women's singles starting from the round of 16 (assuming all the top seeds win their preliminary matches):

Mizutani Jun VS Shiono Masato
Karube Ryusuke VS Yoshida Kaii
Yoshida Masaki VS Muramatsu Yuto
Oshima Yuya VS Kishikawa Seiya
Niwa Koki VS Ueda Jin
Chan Kazuhiro VS Matsudaira Kenta
Yoshimura Maharu VS Morizono Masataka
Matsudaira Kenji VS Jin Takuya

Ishikawa Kasumi VS Sakai Haruka
Mori Sakura VS Sato Hitomi
Matsudaira Shiho VS Hayata Hina
Fukuhara Ai VS Maeda Miyu
Ishigaki Yuka VS Matsuzawa Marina
Hirano Sayaka VS Hirano Miu

Ito Mima VS Wakamiya Misako
Kato Miyu or Hamamoto Yui VS Morizono Misaki

This is all in draw order, so players with similar color above will play each other in the next rounds.
I might post doubles draws later also.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
Kishikawa lost... it was a very exciting match, but MATSUSHITA was shouting crazy on everypoint he won, the bastard.
I know it because i was watching live, in the stadium !!! :D.
Other upsets today, include Oshima losing to Kasahara, and in womens, the crowd favourite Fukuhara losing to Maeda

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
i read Japanese. the official site for results is here
http://www.jtta.or.jp/AJ/result2015/
click on the left side to get PDF files with the results.
unfortunately its all in japanese, if you don't trust me you can try with google translate.

i posted in French (I am French) on the site above.
I went to the stadium. i saw round of 32 in the morning, i wasn't there in the afternoon, i was excited and wanted to have a knock instead...:)

I wasn't the one who wrote that Oshima should play Kishikawa. if both had won their game (they got both knocked out in round of 32) they would have played each other in round of 16.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
unfortunately its all in japanese, if you don't trust me you can try with google translate.

I went to the stadium. i saw round of 32 in the morning, i wasn't there in the afternoon, i was excited and wanted to have a knock instead...:)

I wasn't the one who wrote that Oshima should play Kishikawa. if both had won their game (they got both knocked out in round of 32) they would have played each other in round of 16.

Sorry my mistake. Thanks for the scores.

Sorry my mistake. Thanks for the scores.

Yes, the match-ups I posted earlier assumed each top player advances into round of 32. Sorry, I haven't updated that yet.