Kokutaku BLutenkirshce 868 table tennis rubber good?

I was coaching a relatively new player tonight who had a premade bat, and if memory serves me correctly, this is what was on it. It has a hard sponge and is not tacky (although maybe the tack has worn off, they were used by someone before him, so they're far from new). Top sheet wasn't very grippy, but not too terrible either. However, he couldn't generate much spin with it. I gave him my bat with evo mx-p to use to see whether the lack of spin was all due to his technique or whether it was partly the bat, and he was getting way more topspin with the mx-p. I didn't play with it myself though, so I'm not sure. It's not junk and I would even say it's pretty good for that price, but shop around and you can get two sheets of hurricane 3 for a pretty low price and you'd get a much better rubber.

Reactions: changed_23
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I think that is okay rubber when it is new. Not great but not bad. But Ali Express is a little iffy sometimes. Some of the sellers are legit and some are selling all fake products.

However, an excellent rubber that is only $8.00, is Dawei 2008XP. I know I have already told you this. I have 2 rackets with that rubber on them and I could use either in place of my current setup, without any significant change in level. And yes, crayon, this is a rubber I have already told you that you could get for yourself.

$8.00 for rubber that performs as if it costs much more is worth it.

Go to colestt.com

There is other stuff there that is pretty good too.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
1.8 thickness is good right?
i got 1.8 and a 2.2 lol

I personally always like whatever Max is. But everyone is different. You will know what thickness you like better when you try both.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
FYI: Dawei 2008XP is a Chinese rubber that plays sort of like a hybrid cross of euro (catapult) rubber and Chinese (tacky non-catapult) rubber. The top sheet is not tacky but has the faintest trace of tack. The sponge is medium firm but not hard like a lot of tacky rubbers. But it has some spring to it.

They are good control rubbers. Not fast. But fast enough. Not crazy spinny. But if your technique is good you can get good spin with them.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
I have used many versions of 868 from very hard and tacky to very soft and bouncy, but never tried this one before. Funny they keep using the same name for about most of their products. I believe $8 a pair (red + black) with shipping from Aliexpess is easily the cheapest rubber you can find. They are listed at less than $1.5 a piece in China.

Reactions: BeGo