In London for A Week

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I should be in London for a week starting tomorrow. I'm not planning to play any table tennis, but I might if a convenient opportunity comes (I will carry one of my non-main setups so I will have an excuse while getting killed if I stumble into a club - "If I had my Innerforce ZLC with Evolution MX-P rubbers, you would stand no chance, Paul!")

In any case, I think I will be at the Hilton in Kensington. If there is any convenient TT anywhere nearby (I hate cold so I am not sure what I will do since I won't have a car, obviously), let me know. Thanks.

This user has no status.
I should be in London for a week starting tomorrow. I'm not planning to play any table tennis, but I might if a convenient opportunity comes (I will carry one of my non-main setups so I will have an excuse while getting killed if I stumble into a club - "If I had my Innerforce ZLC with Evolution MX-P rubbers, you would stand no chance, Paul!")

In any case, I think I will be at the Hilton in Kensington. If there is any convenient TT anywhere nearby (I hate cold so I am not sure what I will do since I won't have a car, obviously), let me know. Thanks.

Some options:
Tiger & Dragon - near Hammersmith tube: Friday 6-10pm, Saturday 3:30-7:30pm
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place...2!3m1!1s0x487604bea3f3f103:0x8d1118ac8db293da

Fusion: (Surrey Quays tube)
https://www.tabletennis365.com/CentralLondon/Club/2646/Fusion
http://www.fusionttc.co.uk/fees-times/

York Gardens: (Tooting Bec tube) Mon, Wed, Fri 7:30-10:30pm
http://www.yorkgardensttc.com/
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place...2!3m1!1s0x487605ddf41d8851:0x53d6922384275d51

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hope you have w fun trip NextLevel.

Dan, I think you are going to have to have to hunt NextLevel down and catch as much of the resulting mayhem on video or in photos as possible.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Do you guys have streaks where you are just not playing...
says Do you guys have streaks where you are just not playing...
Jun 2011
Read 6 reviews

Hi Next - I play in Fusion. So if you REALLY are up for a thrashing, I can organise that for you;) I will have a word with our good players to give you one if you wish. Alternatively, of course, there are all levels of players available so you can have a game and possibly give someone else a thrashing too!))

If you're looking for a generally high standard of play, Fusion or Morpeth are your best options in London. I agree that Morpeth is quite impersonal. Some of the long time members who take a role in running the club are welcoming, but in general you definitely have to approach people and ask if they would be happy to play with you for a while, otherwise people just stick to their own groups. Your first time at Morpeth is also free as a guest of the club. I haven't been to Fusion but I know a lot of their players and would say that the standard at Morpeth is a little higher, mainly in that there are more very good players there. Neither are especially close though, and you'd have to get the tube and walk for a while (around 10-15 minute walk for Morpeth).
Tiger and Dragon has an overall lower level of play, but should be more convenient to get to. The main coach there, Javier, is a very nice guy and as good any of the top players at Morpeth or Fusion.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Level of play is not an issue for me. I play people of all levels and usually give and sometimes take whippings. It's really more fun to meet up with forum members than anything else. I can always train at my club or play tournaments for hard competition.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Went to Tigers and Dragons today. Hit a lot of balls as I joined the coaching session - I might have overdone it but it's okay. Played a few matches and handed out beat downs. All in good fun though. Will try to be a bit more adventurous on Monday. I wanted to try the fight club but Mum sometimes knows best...

Reactions: Suga D

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hope you have w fun trip NextLevel.

Dan, I think you are going to have to have to hunt NextLevel down and catch as much of the resulting mayhem on video or in photos as possible.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

Ill catch him him Carl! :)

Hey Nextlevel hope your having a blast in London! Are you going to go to the World Championships of Ping Pong next weekend? http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?12112-World-Championships-of-Ping-Pong-2016

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Dan, I leave on Friday morning unfortunately. I wasn't even aware of that event...

Ah, do you visit London much? I am in Bristol at the moment and not in London until the weekend unfortunately. Next time :)

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Played at fusion today, Andy tomorrow. Didn't record matches but they had some good players. I caused some trouble so one of their juniors gave me trouble - damn youth. But I think I did okay. A coach there said I have good technique on both sides - first time I remember someone complimenting my forehand technique so that made my day.

On to the next one...

Reactions: Suga D