great effectivity of fast long line serves at the right moment

This user has no status.
Not long ago I uploaded a video about my serve training. Now I accomplished the fast long line serve in match situations and have to say that this is very effective. Sometimes it is an ace and sometimes the position of my opponents is so bad that they are not able to return it low-slung. So I´ve got the advantage to destroy the ball with the next shot :) :cool:

says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
Yes this serves are great... But all your versions are ilegal...
Your tos start in the midle and ball contact is on the line.
This is to much difference.
But generaly they are great.....

This user has no status.
Yes this serves are great... But all your versions are ilegal...
Your tos start in the midle and ball contact is on the line.
This is to much difference.
But generaly they are great.....[/QUOTE

I don't know if your joking or not but take a day off mate.
None of his serves are illegal, the toss is from an open hand and easily 6" high, the contact is also clearly visible.
He's too far into the middle ???
You can stand where you like behind the service/base line.

Drugs are bad mmmkay!
3da8d0fbc279f358c9a644ae63246174.jpg

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
I don't know if your joking or not but take a day off mate.
None of his serves are illegal, the toss is from an open hand and easily 6" high, the contact is also clearly visible.
He's too far into the middle ???
You can stand where you like behind the service/base line.
Actually you are the one in need of a day off, I'm afraid. Spend it well, like by brushing up on your knowledge about the service rule. Pay particular attention to the phrase "near vertical" and you'll see that bobpuls' comment is in fact correct - all the services are technically illegal.

Anyways, if you want to belittle people, please make sure you get the facts right. If you don't, you'll look like a fool and I doubt that was your intention.

Drugs are bad mmmkay!
Yes, and some make people a bit more mellow. Sometimes that's a good thing.

This user has no status.
Actually you are the one in need of a day off, I'm afraid. Spend it well, like by brushing up on your knowledge about the service rule. Pay particular attention to the phrase "near vertical" and you'll see that bobpuls' comment is in fact correct - all the services are technically illegal.

Anyways, if you want to belittle people, please make sure you get the facts right. If you don't, you'll look like a fool and I doubt that was your intention.

Yes, and some make people a bit more mellow. Sometimes that's a good thing.
Oh lighten up.
I see you've had your pedant pills today.
It was said in jest, hence the pic of Mr Mackey..

It would be extremely petty as an umpire to pull anyone for that toss, infact you see a lot worse on the pro circuit.

In fact the poster I quoted said it was an illegal serve due to the op's starting position (in the middle of the table) and his contact point (on the base line) none of which to my knowledge are illegal.

Thanks for the reprimand though, I now feel suitably chastised.
[emoji106]

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
Not long ago I uploaded a video about my serve training. Now I accomplished the fast long line serve in match situations and have to say that this is very effective. Sometimes it is an ace and sometimes the position of my opponents is so bad that they are not able to return it low-slung. So I´ve got the advantage to destroy the ball with the next shot :) :cool:

Nice job there. A few tips from me as I really like fast long serves and practice them regularly

Try to focus on the first bounce, it must be close to the endline . Combine this with tightening the grip by only using your fingers at the moment of contact (not too much off course we dont want the wrist to be stiff) and u will see that your serve will bounce longer (compared to your current 2nd bounce) in the opponent's endline which is even more difficult to deal with

Reactions: Suga D
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
The serves are pretty good.

As far as whether they are legal or not, it really is hard to say because you would need to see the serves from the receiver's angle to see. But the second serve, the view from behind looks like it, it looks like that ball gets blocked from the view of the receiver behind slimjimmi's shoulder.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
In fact the poster I quoted said it was an illegal serve due to the op's starting position (in the middle of the table) and his contact point (on the base line) none of which to my knowledge are illegal.
Individually the starting point and contact point are fine, the combination results in a toss that isn't which is what bobpuls said.

2.06.02 The server shall then project the ball near vertically upwards, without imparting spin, so that it rises at least 16cm after leaving the palm of the free hand and then falls without touching anything before being struck.

<tbody>
</tbody>
The service rules

This user has no status.
Individually the starting point and contact point are fine, the combination results in a toss that isn't which is what bobpuls said.

2.06.02 The server shall then project the ball near vertically upwards, without imparting spin, so that it rises at least 16cm after leaving the palm of the free hand and then falls without touching anything before being struck.

<tbody>
</tbody>
The service rules
The emphasis here is on the word near.

You are being extremely petty here, as I've said you would be hard pressed to find an umpire who would fault slimmijimmi's serves.

I certainly wouldn't.

Thank you so much for posting the service rules though, I'll be sure to go over them with a fine tooth comb as I clearly need guidance on this matter.

Thank you so so much.

This user has no status.
I would say that this rules is worded to be a bit vague just to eliminate the worst kind of old serves where the players would create spin with their fingers and throw the ball hard to the bat to impart heavy spin.

What is "near vertical" anyway? How much drift is allowed? This is completely up to the umpire and like some have said not many umpires would call him for it.

Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
I would say that this rules is worded to be a bit vague just to eliminate the worst kind of old serves where the players would create spin with their fingers and throw the ball hard to the bat to impart heavy spin.

What is "near vertical" anyway? How much drift is allowed? This is completely up to the umpire and like some have said not many umpires would call him for it.
I agree. But what is nearly vertical.
If you tos to the height of the eyes and goes from center to side it is about 45 degrees. But if you tose to 3m up over the table it is less then 10 degrees. But let be honest all of this seves are intentionally .
I do not try to be bad here. Im just making a point to get his serve better (actualy his serve is great but the tos only i mean ) . and i was thinking this all forum is all about it. And i do not see point to be offensive. Im not even close to slimjimii play. So hat down .
But i also agree that most of the euro top players have a bad tos habit. But what i do not understand is the umpire benevolence.

Reactions: brabhamista
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
The emphasis here is on the word near.

You are being extremely petty here, as I've said you would be hard pressed to find an umpire who would fault slimmijimmi's serves.

I certainly wouldn't.

Thank you so much for posting the service rules though, I'll be sure to go over them with a fine tooth comb as I clearly need guidance on this matter.

Thank you so so much.

I am petty? How? I never commented on the legality of SlimJimmi's serves. You're replying to an imaginary comment.

I did comment on you heckling bobpuls for not knowing the rules when in reality the opposite is true. Whether or not umpires fault for this all the time or not, is irrelevant. Some do, some don't, but it doesn't change the fact that they are illegal according to the rules, contrary to what you claimed when you heckled. That's what I commented on. Nothing else.

I appreciate your gratitude for helping you out. But please don't thank me. Return the favour instead. We all need a little help from time to time.