Should I seal the viscaria I'm getting off of megaspin?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Here's a post from bernard schembri from megaspin.

We only sell authentic products, karan705. I only remember 1 complaint about Tenergy being fake in 15 years and the customer later admitted it was purchased from somewhere else.

Bernard
Megaspin.net

While I haven't bought anything from Megaspin due to delivery issues. I don't believe a shop like that would sell fakes.
about sealing the blade yes it is better to seal the blade it protects it. But it doesn't matter if you are a type of a player who hits the blade on the table or on the floor.

Cheers!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I got 3 sheets of Hurricane 3 from Megaspin, and they were fake. you can tear the sheet with barehand just like you tear up a sheet of paper. Very dissapointing!

Really?, maybe it isn't fake but a manufacturing defect, Chinese made rubbers isn't like Butterfly, made with Quality, not unless you are using the exclusive H3 National Team Version.

says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
Really?, maybe it isn't fake but a manufacturing defect, Chinese made rubbers isn't like Butterfly, made with Quality, not unless you are using the exclusive H3 National Team Version.
This right is just a nonsense..... Are you believing in what you just wrote ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
What are the effects? Is it worth it? And (off topic) is megaspin reliable because I heard there are a lot of fake viscarias.
I usually give my Viscarias a thin layer of sealing, that is only because I experienced small chips of wood coming of when pealing the rubbers of the blade.
Megaspin are reliable and they offer good service! That's my experience.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
what're everyone's thoughts on re-sealing? I've been using my blade for quite a while, no splinters or chips after multiple years of use but I wonder if I should re-seal.

I don't feel like it's lost any real power--the pros seem to complain that the water based glue makes the blade soft over time but I can't tell a difference, and I've given up EJ-ing until I get my rating higher

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
The only thing hair spray does to the blade is protect it from splintering when I change the rubber. It is like sealer, but it has no effect whatsoever on how the blade plays. You have to be really careful with a lot of sealers because they can make the top surface of the blade harder, especially if you use too much. That changes the way it plays. This is an especially big problem with polyurethane sealers and other things like it. Note, sealers don't make the blade softer, they make it harder*. SOmetimes very much so, and usually right away. Especially with expensive soft blades like a Viscaria, you don't want that to happen, but you still want to protect teh blade from the glue. So when I change rubber (or the first time I glue rubber on a new blade) I spray the blade one or two coats of old fashioned hair spray and let it dry for an hour. Then I glue on the rubber sheets. It makes it so that when you remove the sheet, you don't take any wooden pieces with it.

* some sealers penetrate fairly deep also, so if you mess up with it, you may not be able to restore the original playing properties by sanding the surface. This is not true with all, but definitely a problem with polyurethane, which is designed to penetrate into the wood. Again, this is not a problem with hairspray.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I thought the title of the thread said should I STEAL a Viscaria...

Well, yes...of course you should steal a Viscaria...especially if you are stealing it from a member of the goon squad.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

Reactions: jasonxian24