Rakza 9

This user has no status.
Recently got two sheets of Rakza 9. Slapped one on my DHS Long 5 and the other on my ZJ SZLC. Great rubber...I can't speak on the durability yet, but so far it's a fantastic rubber on the FH. I prefer it on the DHS blade above the ZJ SZLC for some reason. I got passed one of my greatest tests using this DHS set up. I beat a long pip (BH) player this weekend. It was the first time I got passed this guy in our weekly club tournaments. The amazing thing about the win was that I didn't have to change anything against the guy. I just kept ripping topspin on everything. I was able to loop underspin like it was nothing!!!! With this rubber I could throw slow spiny loops very high with my FH. Also got me a Xu Xin ankle high pick up loop in for a winner ;)

Scale of 1-10

SPEED: 7-8?
not the fastest rubber on the market but I can get a lot out of it with my style of play on the FH. I jump into the ball.

SPIN: -9!!
For me it's a low 9 on the spin chart, with hurricane setting the highest mark at 10. But what makes this rubber great is that it doesn't take as much of an arm swing to generate great spin. Open ups are extremely easy as well as long chop.

FEEL: 8-9
Being a little bouncy on touch shots around the net stops it from getting the solid 9 for touch. Although with more practice I'm sure I or anyone would be able to get more precise control around the net.

PUSH:
My forehand push is possibly my weakest strength. Lol But Rakza 9 greatly increased my accuracy and my spin.

SERVE: 10
Spin, speed, placement!!!!

SERVE RECEIVE: 8-9
Again it's a little bouncy around the net and with delicate receives such as fast deep serves. So that's about the only drawback. But a person of higher skill shouldn't have a real problem.

LOOPS/COUNTER LOOPS/LOOP DRIVE: 9
Again, not a Chinese rubber so the dive affect I haven't seen yet with this rubber on a loop drive. But still an excellent rubber. With the DHS Hurricane and Skyline rubber, as well as t64fx rubber, the loop drive normally dives after hitting the opponents side. Maybe I just didn't get my all into the Rakza 9 yet to get that affect. But high loops 2ft. of clearance over the net at close distance... I ain't seen nothing like it yet. Well maybe... maybe t80... Or Donic M1 turbo. But neither of them are as easy to accomplish a high arching shot at close distance as Rakza 9. Got to experience it for yourself to see what I mean.

Overall a solid 8-9 rubber. You'll be pleased I'm sure!!

Oops..I almost forgot. The rubber shrinks if you reglue it. After about a week of play I hit the table on a push and the rubber kinda came loose around the top edge. So when I took it off and reglued it, I noticed the rubber shrank significantly. It still kept it's playing properties, but it almost didn't fit on the blade due to the shrinkage. Don't know why?

Last edited:
Reactions: fais and CaptainBit
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2012
Read 1 reviews
Hey have you tried rakza 7? If you have what are the comparable differences between the two? Like both their weaknesses or strengths?

Rakza 9 sponge is softer than that of Rakza 7. R9 topsheet is harder than R7's. R9 spins less than R7 with celluloid. But, R9 is better with plastic ball than R7 (R7 slips and its topsheet loses it's grip soon). R9 is easier to generate spin with and is faster. I would classify R9 as a faster, spinnier, grippier and a slightly higher throw T64.

Great rubber. Not the spinniest but my choice on BH out of all the rubbers I've tried (& trust me, I've tried a LOT). Reason: it offers the best compromise between at the table BH play (at which too hard rubbers like MX-P are at a disadvantage) and away from the table play (at which other modern rubbers like Rasant Grip and Omega V Europe are deficient).

Of course, all this suitability depends on the blade you match with. My results were with the MJ-SZLC.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: fais
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Kevin, the shrinkage issue, that could be the fact that the rubber comes out of the package boosted. So at a certain point it shrinks. But, it could be how it was pressed onto the rubber also. Most of the time, when you glue and you press the rubber onto the blade, you end up stretching the rubber. So, the next time you glue, you can try two things.

1) You can use some kind of boost like paraffin or baby oil on the sponge to expand it a bit. One thin layer may be enough. Or

2) When you glue the rubber on, you can use something to roll and stretch it on. I use my forearm. Got that from a seasoned Chinese player at a club that used to be in NYC's Chinatown.

I guess the last detail would be, the parts where the rubber isn't, you don't actually hit there so, don't stress too much about it. [emoji2]

But you can make the rubber fit right.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

Last edited:
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Based on the frequently used keywords in this thread, it is highly likely a hijacker spammer will invade and make a pitch for Natural Testosterone Boost.

You go through enough rubbers, you will know what zapped Ur rubber into shrinking, more than one way.

If you like to stand tall right at the table and loopdrive bombs away, you got the right rubber. You feel kinda like this playing that way...

Walking-Tall-2004-In-Hindi.jpg

This user has no status.
Based on the frequently used keywords in this thread, it is highly likely a hijacker spammer will invade and make a pitch for Natural Testosterone Boost.

You go through enough rubbers, you will know what zapped Ur rubber into shrinking, more than one way.

If you like to stand tall right at the table and loopdrive bombs away, you got the right rubber. You feel kinda like this playing that way...

View attachment 9005

Lol!!!!!

says Aha, sorry. Trodde du var en annan Millesom spelar i...
I have tried 103 rubbers (put all my stats like spin, speed and control in a "TT-book") and this rubber is top ten:)
I think it is a damn good backhand-rubber!

This user has no status.
I have tried a good number of rubbers too. But the rubber i often come back to and always have a spare pair of is Rakza 7. It is just comfortable. No outstanding factor, it is just a do-it-all rubber.
I tried Rakza 9 too, but it seems to have a booster because after 3 weeks of play, it loses speed and grip. And this rubber is all about speed. Ive never felt comfortable doing controlled loops with Rakza 9.

The only rubber that would steal my affection for Rakza 7 is Fastarc G-1. Same style but a higher grade rubber.

One thing that might influence my feeling is that all these rubbers were tested and played a lot on Limba outer blades, semiflex~5 to 6mm. My opinion might change if i use a harder and stiffer blade.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Aha, sorry. Trodde du var en annan Millesom spelar i...
I agree with your opinion about the Fastarc G1! Even better than R9. The spin is amazing, also good speed and awesome control. I have seen that it is the choice by almost all Nittaku-sponsored japanese players.