Need help for new rubbers! (one more asking)

This user has no status.
Hi guys!

I need a new pair of rubbers. I know what i want but i don't know the models with the characteristics i'm looking for.

I play with Sriver in FH and i want a rubbers with the same speed/control but that works better with the new ball. None or slightly tacky, medium hard.

Now for the BH i want a rubber with the same speed as the one for FH, also none tacky, but softer because a loop very bad with the BH and i want to improve that.

I will glue this rubbers in an allroud blade, but soon will pass them to off- blade, so i have to take in consideration that because i don't want the new bat to be too fast for me to handle and that way affect my technique learning.

So.... any ideas?!?!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 4 reviews
Sriver FX for the backhand...it's softer and non tacky, like you asked. I think it's a good rubber to learn, much control, not too fast, good softness, enough but not too much grip.

Reactions: BeGo
This user has no status.
Is it good for spin?
Its a lot faster and way less control for a beginner and its butterfly so its gonna be expensive. Yasaka rakza 7 has good spin,speed and control for its price or you could get mark v which have similar characteristics but less speed and more control. Table tennis is a sport you learn with consistency, learning with rlly faster rubbers is gonna screw up your game.

This user has no status.
Its a lot faster and way less control for a beginner and its butterfly so its gonna be expensive. Yasaka rakza 7 has good spin,speed and control for its price or you could get mark v which have similar characteristics but less speed and more control. Table tennis is a sport you learn with consistency, learning with rlly faster rubbers is gonna screw up your game.

darnner123, i already play with sriver 1.9mm. I can rally quite well with it. I can even loop. But, now with the poly ball, i miss more times. That's why i want a new FH rubber.
Razka 7 is for the BH?

This user has no status.
darnner123, i already play with sriver 1.9mm. I can rally quite well with it. I can even loop. But, now with the poly ball, i miss more times. That's why i want a new FH rubber.
Razka 7 is for the BH?
The poly or celluloid ball shouldnt have much difference if you have a good basics but if you want a step up without sacrificing control rakza 7 is good on the forehand. You could get the soft version for the backhand for more control when you loop or block.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
The poly or celluloid ball shouldnt have much difference if you have a good basics but if you want a step up without sacrificing control rakza 7 is good on the forehand. You could get the soft version for the backhand for more control when you loop or block.

I only feel the difference when looping. I don't know why. In game i miss alot of loops because i'm still very fresh. but in practice i can get 6 or 7 in 10 on the table. But with the poly ball maybe 2 or 3 in 10.
With the BH it's a luck if i get 1 in 10. The rubber i use is just to hard and bouncy and the technique is still very bad.

I'm gonna look the razka 7. Thanks darnner123

This user has no status.
I only feel the difference when looping. I don't know why. In game i miss alot of loops because i'm still very fresh. but in practice i can get 6 or 7 in 10 on the table. But with the poly ball maybe 2 or 3 in 10.
With the BH it's a luck if i get 1 in 10. The rubber i use is just to hard and bouncy and the technique is still very bad.

I'm gonna look the razka 7. Thanks darnner123
You will get it in time, I advice getting a coach and not changing your rubbers yet. Coaching will help immensely and help with your consistency. Its like me before getting a coach, I was at ur level but after just doing a bit of coaching each week, I could put out balls consistently for a really long time.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
You will get it in time, I advice getting a coach and not changing your rubbers yet. Coaching will help immensely and help with your consistency. Its like me before getting a coach, I was at ur level but after just doing a bit of coaching each week, I could put out balls consistently for a really long time.

I don't have that option mate. Where i live the clubs only train children and players ready for competition. Then there are amateur clubs (like my own), most of these clubs belong to companies and are open to there workers and their family. These clubs dont's have coaches. And the players normally only play in tournaments against players in the same type of clubs. It's call recreational tournaments.

Reactions: changed_23
This user has no status.
With the transition in balls, yes, your game play will change a bit, as you need to adjust. A little trajectory issue, dwell issue, and hence spin and feeling issue. I would suggest that you try to play such that the shortcomings you are feeling, try to minimise it. That is firstly, try to play a little slow, give more dwell to ball and spin more. Now apply your strokes similarly. Play every shot with a little slowly. Now observe in matches how well you perform.
The real observation is that how you used to play with celluloid, are similar results you able to get now?
If still you are not satisfied, then as others have mentioned the rubbers, i guess rakza 7 (fh) and rakza 7 soft (bh) would be good.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
One thing I would say: if you are not comfortable stepping up to more modern rubbers than you probably shouldn't be thinking about when to change your blade. Until you are comfortable and can use good technique with modern rubbers, you should keep your blade at the All+ speed.

I highly doubt your issue is one of equipment. It may be technique. But it may also be something else.

Here: you said you are fine with the celluloid balls, but have trouble with the 40+ poly balls. Is that right? Does that mean you switch back and forth between them? Do you play with the Poly ball more or with the old celluloid balls? If you are switching back and forth, that could be what is messing you up.

But regardless, if you are not using upgraded rubbers, you should wait till you are, you are used to them, your technique is good with them and you feel like you have control with them before you consider a faster blade. And that blade you are using is good enough to use until you are at a decently high level. I know guys who are semi-pro who use blades of the same speed class and are totally fine.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
I don't have that option mate. Where i live the clubs only train children and players ready for competition. Then there are amateur clubs (like my own), most of these clubs belong to companies and are open to there workers and their family. These clubs dont's have coaches. And the players normally only play in tournaments against players in the same type of clubs. It's call recreational tournaments.
You could ask the coaches who train the players for competition for private coaching can't you? Of course it won't be for free but if you want to step up your game with the right technique instead of screwing it up. Unless you just want to play for fun and don't really want to improve you can just do whatever you want :)

This user has no status.
One thing I would say: if you are not comfortable stepping up to more modern rubbers than you probably shouldn't be thinking about when to change your blade. Until you are comfortable and can use good technique with modern rubbers, you should keep your blade at the All+ speed.

I highly doubt your issue is one of equipment. It may be technique. But it may also be something else.

Here: you said you are fine with the celluloid balls, but have trouble with the 40+ poly balls. Is that right? Does that mean you switch back and forth between them? Do you play with the Poly ball more or with the old celluloid balls? If you are switching back and forth, that could be what is messing you up.

But regardless, if you are not using upgraded rubbers, you should wait till you are, you are used to them, your technique is good with them and you feel like you have control with them before you consider a faster blade. And that blade you are using is good enough to use until you are at a decently high level. I know guys who are semi-pro who use blades of the same speed class and are totally fine.

Carl, i've been playing all these time with the celluloid ball. These two last months we were forced to change to the poly ball. In the beggining i thought it would be just a question of getting use to the new ball. But it's not. i can do everything i used to do but i put just a little less spin and i can't loop. when for fun i play with the celluloid ball i can do the looping.
Yesterday i lost a game in a tournament because i miss shots responding to backspin that normally i don't miss.

I hope i'm using the word loop the right way.

Loop is this, right?

As i told you before, i can't loop very well in my BH. And i really don't feel confortable with the rubber i got. most times i just fleep the blade and try to use the sriver rubber on both sides ( and that really sucks because i play better with my BH).

I am not a material junky. I just don't like my BH rubber. I love Sriver, i used to play well with it but i am almost sure is not a good rubber for the poly ball. Some guys in the club can loop with it but they are intermediate players.

That's why i want new rubbers. I'm not looking for something faster that i can't control. I'm just looking for something suited to the new ball.

Now the blade is something different. I play with thin rubbers. I am looking for something just a litle more fast but still using thin rubbers. Nothing more than 2.0mm

Bobpuls sugest me tsp vestus soft for my BH. it seems fine. now for the FH i don't know.

This user has no status.
You could ask the coaches who train the players for competition for private coaching can't you? Of course it won't be for free but if you want to step up your game with the right technique instead of screwing it up. Unless you just want to play for fun and don't really want to improve you can just do whatever you want :)

Yes, but it's expensive and Portugal is in a financial crisis!! :D

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
You may have misunderstood me.

I am okay with the idea of you getting new rubbers. I say, don't worry too much about what you get. You will get used to what you get.

The Rakza 7 and R7 soft suggestion was a good one. There are many good suggestions. Xiom Vega Pro FH Vega Europe BH would be excellent also. So would Sriver G3. Donic Baracuda would actually be great. Very grippy. Good spin. Not too fast. Good control.

If you want the extra speed, use the fact that you are getting new rubbers (and new generation rubbers) to add that extra bit of speed. So the new rubbers will give you extra speed and spin and they will aid you in gripping and picking up the ball when you try to loop backspin.

But there is no need to think of a new blade. Right now you are using slow rubbers and an All+ blade. Any of the rubbers mentioned will give you a step up in speed and spin. And the blade you have will allow you to keep good control.

The only thing I would recommend, if you were changing blades, would be to step sideways to a blade with a softer top ply. That would also help you loop better.

Something like a:

Stiga Allround Evolution
Yasaka Sweden Extra

You wouldn't be getting those because they are faster. You would be getting the blade for more dwell time with the faster rubbers so you can spin better.

Does that make sense?

And if money is tight, you just get the rubbers. That is all you actually need.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D and sspark80