Table Tennis Club in Shanghai

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Nov 2010
Yes, I have played at the Yuanshen sport center. It is in the Pudong district. It is easy to find and get to. There are actually two organizations there. One has a big room with two rows of tables. They turn the lights on over the table until your time is up. What I don't like is chasing balls in the big room. The second is a smaller setup with just two rooms with 2 or 3 tables. This is the one I prefer because it has air conditioning and I don't have to chase the balls too far.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/S...m2!3m1!1s0x35b27040b1f53c33:0x295129423c364a1
The place with 2 rooms costs a bit more. There are also coaches but I didn't think most were any good. There is a female coach that seems to be the best in my opinion. I would take lessons from that lady. Lessons are relatively cheap. The rest just seem to be going through the motions doing multiball when it was clear to me there is something wrong the the student's strokes and doing the same bad strokes over and over again is not good.

That is also where I saw a mother picking up balls for her boy.

If you go down Weifang road to the west south west about 1 mile there is a courtyard Mariott. It is a nice place to stay.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Did i already mention that i really don't like these annoying Spambots?

C'mon, guys. What's wrong? Am i the only one reporting these annoying Posts?

I PM'd Dan and asked him to look for and delete all of the "guys" posts.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Thanks carl.
It's so nervewreckin'.

eb723b803c88dbaefb3d410d53fe1fc1-d2zay27.jpg

The one who invented these bullcrap Spambots shall be struck by lightning and thunder while he/she's s(h)itting on the loo.

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Thanks carl.
It's so nervewreckin'.

View attachment 9003

The one who invented these bullcrap Spambots shall be struck by lightning and thunder while he/she's s(h)itting on the loo.

By the way, the only link remaining from Patahhati the Spambot is in your quote. So, at least delete the link so the spambot doesn't win! Hahaha.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
I've been to the Yanhua table tennis school. It's a dedicated residential school for kids.
They will give you coaching sessions upon request & they have a small shop.

This user has no status.
Hey,.. Thanks a lot.. Will search for the place.. Looking to play more than get coached... DO by any chance have any contact info of the place ?
Yes, I have played at the Yuanshen sport center. It is in the Pudong district. It is easy to find and get to. There are actually two there. One has a big room with two rows of tables. They turn the lights on over the table until your time is up. What I don't like is chasing balls in the big room. The second is a smaller setup with just two rooms with 2 or 3 tables. This is the one I prefer because it has air conditioning and I don't have to chase the balls too far.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/S...m2!3m1!1s0x35b27040b1f53c33:0x295129423c364a1
The place with 2 rooms costs a bit more. There are also coaches but I didn't think most were any good. There is a female coach that seems to be the best in my opinion. I would take lessons from that lady. Lessons are relatively cheap. The rest just seem to be going through the motions doing multiball when it was clear to me there is something wrong the the student's strokes and doing the same bad strokes over and over again is not good.

That is also where I saw a mother picking up balls for her boy.

If you go down Weifang road to the west south west about 1 mile there is a courtyard Mariott. It is a nice place to stay.

This user has no status.
I've been to the Yanhua table tennis school. It's a dedicated residential school for kids.
They will give you coaching sessions upon request & they have a small shop.

Great I would definitely like to visit this school. Do have any contact details of the same ?? Would love to watch the grassroot Chinese training & play there

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
00 86 21-56800710 give that number a call, she's school staff & her English is better than others.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Thanks carl.
It's so nervewreckin'.

View attachment 9003

NOPE. While they are on the loo, 24 fist sized spiders will crawl into the pants of the offender and several will climb over the toilet seat right after he flushes and before he pulls up pants, he sees them all and tries to run outta the loo with hiz pants down, trips, and gets swarmed by the critters... Dude goes down shitting hiz pants with fear... then Carl steps outta the shadows and shows me the critters were remote control models... Damn Carl, he gets all the fun.