Need Advice for a new BH Rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
Hi Guys

I need Advice for a new BH Rubber.

My Setup so far was a Donic WSC with a MX-P on the FH and BH Rasant Grip.

But now I need to change the Rasant Grip, because it is wearing off really fast. I'm playing mostly blocks and I do play topspin on the serve but then mostly punchblocks.

Which one should I choose between these two:

Evo EL-P or MX-S

thx for your advice

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Nov 2010
You should be able to block with anything once you get used to it. However, I find it harder to block with thin sponges at the table because the thin sponge doesn't absorb much energy so the balls go long.
When blocking you are usually using the opponents energy. If you want you can always punch block for a more aggressive return.

If u want to pass and get high level get the tenergy 64 for your back hand and practice it it. Bh loop mid table and back close to table and away when u master it . Also if u thinking back hand only for blocking you are never going to improve. New era of table tennis , loop both side :) learn it and use it and be lethal or you get kill :) simple is that.

Reactions: Rajah*
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
I think EL-P is better for blocking. MX-S does not have enough catapult from sponge to be good for blocking.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

I think that Carl is right. If you want to punch, you would like the rubber to assist in creating the speed. MX-S is for looping hard. Apart from that, MX-S should make your setup heavier.

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
But be avare that Waldner Senso Carbon resonates, when you have unpaired rubbers on both sides! Your setup MX-P and EL-P has around 2-4 degrees sponge hardness differece.

He already has unpaired rubbers. He has MX-P and Rasant Grip. Don't you think he would have noticed this already if it was the case with HIS blade.

One thing you have to realize is that even though blades that are the same model are similar, they are not THE SAME. So if you had that happen with one Waldner Senso Carbon it doesn't mean it will happen with all. But if you tested that on, say, 20, all were different weights, then that would demonstrate a higher probability.

But I have never tried a blade where you NEEDED to have the same rubbers in both sides or the performance would be impaired. Also, usually a blade that has bad vibrations with one rubber will have that with many different rubbers. Although, sometimes there are also rubbers that will dampen the vibrations of a blade.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

says Hi there Tompa8888, Thank you for asking my opinion. It...
says Hi there Tompa8888, Thank you for asking my opinion. It...
Mar 2015
Read 37 reviews
Well 20 is a big number to say, I only tried it on 3 WSC, with nearly the same results. (One blade was more tolerant, but it was older, slower like ALL+ and not sealed so kind of sweatty.)

Maybe it was easy to misunderstand my statement/observation with this blade, I suggested choosing a rubber with nearly the same +/- 4 degrees of hardness to the other. Maybe it can be less strict if you use vibration absorbing/dampening rubbers like Tenergys, etc...

For exaple, one of my setups was JP1 with M3. M3 on bh felt way better because of the weight increase of the whole setup. I could feel the other sheet on the other side of my blade. Not to mention that this 3+2 blade is quite spin-elastic with nice feeling. But, when I hit the JP1 with FH I found it hard to engage the sponge, or had to swing harder. The vibrations were stronger. I can say, that I lost my fine touch on my FH, if I flipped my blade the results were the same on the other side.

The overall feeling was restored when the blade was symmetrical M3 or JP1 even with MAXXX 500.

This is what I wanted to highlight, MX-P has cca 47 degrees and EL-P has cca 44 degrees of sponge hardness, weight difference is not so big. So the whole setup will probably just work fine, but I would not recommend FX-P because this "loss of touch" phenomenon.