5 post limit to include links...

says Looking for the BH killer shot
Sep 2015
Read 8 reviews
Not a serious complaint, but this limit came to me as a suprise. I just finished a blade review and wanted to post, but got the message that I'm not allowed to include picture links, because of my thread count.

Wouldn't it be feasable to gray out the link options, so that a member that is not allowed to post with links, doesn't get the option at all?

I know need to post 2 more threads in order for my review to go online unchanged :cool: .....

This is one of them...:eek:

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Well, vossi, I think you will like this forum either way, despite teh inconvenience.

Look at it from Dan's side. Try to run a huge forum with multinational spammers jacking stuff up every day. You don't wanna make it over-easy for them...

My first five posts were responses to things like stroke production and aspects of amature TT in Korea. By post number 5, Dan could tell I was for real. If my first 5 posts were suddenly reviewing something or pimping something, or God forbid, trying to sell something before I established myself as a contributor, then it would make me look a lot worse and cause Dan to want to hit the switch for the trapdoor to make me join the Goon Squad in Carl's basement septic tank for at least a week.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hey, Der, I thought you got your first five posts in your first five minutes as a TTDaily member. Weren't you posting about trapping the goon squad after they chased you through the clubs and streets of South Korea?

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Not a serious complaint, but this limit came to me as a suprise. I just finished a blade review and wanted to post, but got the message that I'm not allowed to include picture links, because of my thread count.

Wouldn't it be feasable to gray out the link options, so that a member that is not allowed to post with links, doesn't get the option at all?

I know need to post 2 more threads in order for my review to go online unchanged :cool: .....

Welcome to TTD Vossi :)

Good idea yes we might introduce the gray out link option as you have mentioned, good idea.

We have set the link limit to 5 posts as this stops spam bots blitzing the site with external unnecessary links as Carl and Der have mentioned. The scripts on TTD will stop a lot of bots trying to use the site by simply blocking bots posting with links. The only downside to this sometimes is clever bots will post 5 quick posts very quickly before the mod team get there in time to remove them :D

Reactions: Suga D

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews

Welcome to TTD Vossi :)

Good idea yes we might introduce the gray out link option as you have mentioned, good idea.

We have set the link limit to 5 posts as this stops spam bots blitzing the site with external unnecessary links as Carl and Der have mentioned. The scripts on TTD will stop a lot of bots trying to use the site by simply blocking bots posting with links. The only downside to this sometimes is clever bots will post 5 quick posts very quickly before the mod team get there in time to remove them :D

I look forward to your posts and reviews. Have fun :)

Sep 2015
Read 8 reviews
Thanks for warm welcome everybody...

I totally understand the limit and why it is posed. But try and imagine my surprise. I typed the blade review with pictures and everything for more than an hour and then got the notice that I can't publish it :rolleyes:. The 5 thread limit was quickly removed...As I said, it was not a complaint, but a suggestion...And if you consider it as an option, this is excellent.