Tibhar Evolution EL-S and FX-S

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
today i just beat someone i have never beat in 20 years, i then topped that by beating the highest rated player i have ever beaten.
3-0 and 3-1 Yasaka Sweden Extra, 05fx fh and H3N bh
amazing, i must stop ejing immediately

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
IMHO EL-S has lower throw angle than EL-P. In general, it is easier to play with EL-P as EL-S feels much, much harder. With EL-P it is easier to block and loop if you don't hit hard. For me the advantage of EL-S is its stability in counterlooping rallies. If EL-P was as stable in that component, I would not change to EL-S and that is why I still keep it on my BH. EL-S is like a tacky, hard Chinese rubber: you either commit to the shot and get it, or put the ball into the net. I cannot measure the spin with my eyes, but it feels like EL-S has more spin when applying lots of power, and less with less power.

I played with a massively worn out FX-P for 15 minutes and can't say much that it felt superslow to me, though the arc of topspin looked great.

PS. Interestingly my first sheet of EL-S (MAX sponge) felt very close to EL-P, while the second one (again MAX) felt very different, much harder.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Agreed -- with EL-S you really have to commit to your shots. Can't try to hit the ball halfheartedly or it will land in the net, can't have poor form or you'll shoot right over the table (with faster blade I guess). Not easy to play with it at all, its sort of a no-mistake rubber. To me it feels a bit harder than it actually is. Once engaged in faster balls however you get really great safety.

I haven't tried the EL-P, but I have to say that I do get MASSIVE spin on slower balls with the EL-S too, if I manage to brush the ball nicely. The balls floats calmly and then bombs down onto the other side of the table. Extremely grippy top sheet! Just as spinny as my MX-S, slightly different technique.
Throw is imho higher than most people say it is.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Interestingly my first sheet of EL-S (MAX sponge) felt very close to EL-P, while the second one (again MAX) felt very different, much harder.

If you take a look at the sponge hardness range given by Tibhar this is not so surprising. EL-P ranges from 42.4 to 44.4 while EL-S starts at 43.8 and goes up to 45.8. Add to that the different topsheet characteristics and it is quite likely that there´d be an overlap where both rubbers feel similar, but you could also have a soft EL-S and a hard EL-P and you´d find the latter to be harder.

Interestingly, on their website Tibhar have kept the hardness ranges for the first four Evolution rubbers while the new ones are given as plain 45 degree for EL-S and 40 for FX-S.

With its stiffer topsheet, among all 6 Evolutions EL-P is the one for blocking agressively while EL-S makes opening shots vs underspin easier than with many other rubbers. This is not to say EL-P is useless for topspin or EL-S not good for blocking, it all comes down to personal preferences, blade and technique while the actual differences between the rubbers are not as huge as one might think.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
After reading this I decided to try out els on my forehand and today was my second long session with it. So far I'm really liking it. I'm Basically a serious recreational player and other than hitting friends don't have much experience with Euro rubbers on my forehand to compare els to since I have been playing Chinese tacky or Chinese type rubbers since starting a little over 3 years ago. lots of good discussions on here and I found it really helpful when thinking about making a change. I read stuff in here and gradually it starts to make sense. But I've been playing much better players of late and while doing that I'm starting to understand something I've heard on here from people before but I see at times can't alway execute the full swing that some thing like a h3 requires against better players and the high quality placed balls. I probably always keep a h3 type rubber on something because I do really like them but I've been thinking about trying somthing for a little while now. It's funny several comments that were maybe not negative but also not necessarily positive were some of the biggest factors in my trying it. For instance I liked the idea that it was stable and didnt have a strong response on the light touches and I was not worried about the idea of needing efort with you swing to get big spin since I was coming from tacky rubber I did not think it would take more effort than they require on most shots with those. My forehand (probably do to poor footwork) is more adaptable side but I was actually surprised how easy the transition felt. Compared to h3's h8 and even rising dragon (I'm not saying it's more spin) but it feels much easier and safer to get big spin out of els. And as many people have said looping back spin is a breeze. Another nice surprise for me Annyway was with counterattacking (hiting or topspin drives ) with it in top spin rallies off spiny loops or even when countering the other persons hits. It's still early but that shot seemed much easier (did not need to think about it really) to preform and it's seemed more dangerous to me with the ELS than my normal h3. I did however really struggle when trying to hit and put away balls that were popped up, not sure here need to look at that. Lastly I don't do it on my normal loop but I will on occasion I use a ton of wrist, somthing i would do with the h3 to pull out the extra spin and when using shot in match play today it was pretty fun seeing the supper late drop that froze my opponent before it hitting the white line for a winner. As I said I can't compare it to a tone of euro rubbers but so far I really enjoyed playing it.
Thanks for the discussion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Ilia Minkin