Tibhar Evolution EL-S and FX-S

My setup,
Blade: Donic appelgren world champion 89 ST, weight is about 80g
Rubbers: Mx-p 2.1 red/black

High control, weight in total is 188g, speed is more than enough.
Highly recommended!

IMG_20160301_123028.jpgIMG_20160301_123041.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
So basically are they trying to create an MX-S style super spinny rubber but with varying sponge hardness?

No. At least they are not using the same topsheet. FX-S and EL-S may have the same topsheet, but it will be different from MX-S.

I've been using the MX-S and I've been told I could do to go down a notch in sponge hardness. So EL-S could be my rubber. Providing they feel relatively similar to play with as the MX-S. I hope they don't play completely differently.

Expect the EL-S to be a softer MX-P rather than a softer MX-S. Still it could very much be your rubber ;-)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Update guys?

Well, none of the two rubbers is out.

However, I´ve had a chance to play with FX-S and this rubber has a power you wouldn´t expect from a rubber with a sponge hardness around 43 degrees. It is highly controllable in short game and makes opening shots on underspin quite easy. The catapult is significantly lower than that of FX-P, as was to be expected. Spin is even better, and I´d say the final speed also.

It surely isn´t a soft rubber that will magically carry your shots over the net, but it allows for extreme precision in your shots if you hit the ball right. If you don´t, it will at least be more forgiving than the MX-S ;-)

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015

However, I´ve had a chance to play with FX-S and this rubber has a power you wouldn´t expect from a rubber with a sponge hardness around 43 degrees. It is highly controllable in short game and makes opening shots on underspin quite easy. The catapult is significantly lower than that of FX-P, as was to be expected. Spin is even better, and I´d say the final speed also.

It surely isn´t a soft rubber that will magically carry your shots over the net, but it allows for extreme precision in your shots if you hit the ball right. If you don´t, it will at least be more forgiving than the MX-S ;-)

I've played with mx-s this season, however I'm now looking for a rubber that has a similar sponge hardness to tenergy 05/80 but with the new polyball enhanced grippy top sheet.
I love the grippy top sheet of mx-s/mx-p but I want something with a softer sponge underneath. Similar hardness to tenergy. Would EL-S or FX-S be what I'm looking for or should I look elsewhere from the Evolution series?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
I've played with mx-s this season, however I'm now looking for a rubber that has a similar sponge hardness to tenergy 05/80 but with the new polyball enhanced grippy top sheet.
I love the grippy top sheet of mx-s/mx-p but I want something with a softer sponge underneath. Similar hardness to tenergy. Would EL-S or FX-S be what I'm looking for or should I look elsewhere from the Evolution series?

I am pretty sure EL-S will be exactly what you´re looking for. FX-S would be a bit too soft.

Reactions: Ilia Minkin
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015

Do you have any idea as to when these two rubbers will be released? It's taking ages!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
You will not like this but someone today asked for a release date for EL-S and got July 4 for an answer. He didn´t enquire about FX-S.

In that case can you suggest any rubbers out there that are really similar to el-s that I can use to practice with until it's released? So I won't have to adjust to it too much?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
In that case can you suggest any rubbers out there that are really similar to el-s that I can use to practice with until it's released? So I won't have to adjust to it too much?

I am pretty sure that EL-S will be a whole new beast ...

Even the FX-S that I got to try is different to everything else around because it is pretty soft, yet at the same time has very little catapult and so much spin.

Closest to EL-S you may find MX-S - the overall characteristics (low catapult, high spin) are similar, but of course MX-S is harder and EL-S has a different topsheet.

Reactions: ridderz65
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
From January till few weeks ago we couldn't shut you up guys, now that it's available in couple of stores nobody says a word or bats an eye. Looking forward from the EJ's to review this rubber, but probably a new thread is in order to skip the 3-4 pages of dead air. The price is bitter as expected as it's cost as much as tenergy. Granted in 3-4 months it should reach the usual tibhar level of 48$ and once China get their hands on it, will be on Ebay for around 25gbp. Question is do we want to wait till decent reviews start flowing or get something already for the new upcoming season....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Available where?

Not in Germany, where it is manufactured.

The large online retailers have it on their websites and in their catalogues to attract pre-orders, but currently the rubbers are expected early August.

The price is listed exactly the same as that of the other Evo rubbers.