Tibhar Evolution EL-S and FX-S

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
But from its feel, EL-S is between a medium rubber (EUR 45°, like Vega Japan...) and hard rubbers (EUR 47,5°, like Vega Pro, Donic Bluefire M1....) Without knowing what Tibhar says, I would say approximately EUR 46°
Do you have any info on the weight of EL-S ? How is it compared to the equivalent thickness tenergy 05 or h3 neo. Just wondering which would be better for me 1.9~2.0 or full fat 2.1~2.2?

Sent from my Lenovo K50-t5 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
Do you have any info on the weight of EL-S ? How is it compared to the equivalent thickness tenergy 05 or h3 neo. Just wondering which would be better for me 1.9~2.0 or full fat 2.1~2.2?

Average weight of the packages (according to ML from tt-news):

Evolution EL-S
blueright.gif
2.1/2.2 normal range 110-111g (up to max. 112, very rare 114/115)

Evolution EL-S
blueright.gif
1.9/2.0 normal range 108-109g (up to max. 110)

Evolution EL-S
blueright.gif
1.7/1.8 normal range 106-107g (up to max. 108)

Evolution FX-S
blueright.gif
2.1/2.2 normal 106-107g

Evolution FX-S
blueright.gif
1.9/2.0 normal 104-106g

Evolution FX-S
blueright.gif
1.7/1.8 normal 102-104g

My EL-S black 1,9~2,0 had a weight of 109g with package, uncut 71g und on the blade 47g (Stiga blade).

This user has no status.
Tibhar-Evolution-FX-S-Belag-und-Cover.jpg

I also testet yesterday the FX-S rubber.

For a medium-soft rubber (like Hexer Duro or Vega Europe DF / approx. EUR 42,5° sponge), it has the most spin, speed and dynamic that I´ve experienced so far. The greatest strength is the slow opening topspin. The amount of Spin is very high. It has more spin and speed than FX-P. Compared to the new EL-S, you can say it is a "light version" of this rubber. In comparison to FX-P I also like the higher arc, so it´s way easier to play topspins.
The topsheet is the same as with EL-S. So it´s grippy but also sensitive to your opponents spin.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Tibhar-Evolution-FX-S-Belag-und-Cover.jpg

I also testet yesterday the FX-S rubber.

For a medium-soft rubber (like Hexer Duro or Vega Europe DF / approx. EUR 42,5° sponge), it has the most spin, speed and dynamic that I´ve experienced so far. The greatest strength is the slow opening topspin. The amount of Spin is very high. It has more spin and speed than FX-P. Compared to the new EL-S, you can say it is a "light version" of this rubber. In comparison to FX-P I also like the higher arc, so it´s way easier to play topspins.
The topsheet is the same as with EL-S. So it´s grippy but also sensitive to your opponents spin.

Again, I couldn´t disagree with the verdict.

Reactions: tt89player
This user has no status.
hi tt89player great reviews,

Now that you've played with all the Evolution range, maybe you can create a chart, rating the rubbers in speed, spin and tackiness?

I'm quite interested in the tackiness deparment since i'm struggling with the disturbing lack of tack of my FX-P (I use eacheng plastic protectors and they stick slighly to my T80 FX but they slide right off the FX-P )

Since i need a little more speed, I'm between getting the EL-P, EL-S or FX-S, but i need to know... which is stickier?

Last edited:
Reactions: tt89player
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Maybe a rubber to finally rule them all...
What about this:

tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=150163

I've seen Tom play in the top level of the British league and believe me he knows how to play so if it has his endorsement then it surely needs to be considered!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
What about this:

tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=150163

I've seen Tom play in the top level of the British league and believe me he knows how to play so if it has his endorsement then it surely needs to be considered!

He is also almost definitely Stiga-sponsored. I will be testing them but they don't excite me. I was a big time MX-S user and the main issue was the ball arc. This EL-S sounds to me like someone woke up and reworked Baracuda.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
He is also almost definitely Stiga-sponsored. I will be testing them but they don't excite me. I was a big time MX-S user and the main issue was the ball arc. This EL-S sounds to me like someone woke up and reworked Baracuda.

This is exactly it - Baracuda for the plastic masses. Paracuda.

Genesis might be great, but it's expensive for a Chinese-made rubber. I'm waiting for more reviews to come in on that one, or a gently used sheet to appear somewhere. Tom is a fantastic player operating at a far higher level than me. I need a few reviews from 65 year old retirees who play on a sunday morning on outdoor tables in the local park against hobos with bottles of cheap cider at stake. For balance.

This user has no status.
hi tt89player great reviews,

Now that you've played with all the Evolution range, maybe you can create a chart, rating the rubbers in speed, spin and tackiness?

I'm quite interested in the tackiness deparment since i'm struggling with the disturbing lack of tack of my FX-P (I use eacheng plastic protectors and they stick slighly to my T80 FX but they slide right off the FX-P )

Since i need a little more speed, I'm between getting the EL-P, EL-S or FX-S, but i need to know... which is stickier?

Thanks!
For this weekend I planned to write an article on my blog about Tibhar Evolution rubbers and there will be a chart about Spin and speed and one with the arcs :cool: I will let you know about it when it´s done.

From what you wrote, I would highly recommend FX-S for you. FX-S has more spin and speed. The surface is also more grippy.
EL-S could be to fast when playing FX-P before.

But I don't know how firm your plastic protectors will stick to FX-S. I personally use the paper cartonage many rubbers like Butterfly have in the package to protect my rubbers.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This is exactly it - Baracuda for the plastic masses. Paracuda.

Genesis might be great, but it's expensive for a Chinese-made rubber. I'm waiting for more reviews to come in on that one, or a gently used sheet to appear somewhere. Tom is a fantastic player operating at a far higher level than me. I need a few reviews from 65 year old retirees who play on a sunday morning on outdoor tables in the local park against hobos with bottles of cheap cider at stake. For balance.

No. Plastacuda :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2012
Read 1 reviews
But from its feel, EL-S is between a medium rubber (EUR 45°, like Vega Japan...) and hard rubbers (EUR 47,5°, like Vega Pro, Donic Bluefire M1....) Without knowing what Tibhar says, I would say approximately EUR 46°

I find the ESN 45s to be a bit soft for me to play. 46 deg would be perfect.

TT11 said that they hope to have this in August.