Timo Boll Interview: About 80% of pro's are using illegal rackets

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Back when you could still buy T05 from foreign dealers I would occasionally buy it from tt-japan or iruiru. I never noticed anything different. This was in the late 2000s, before Btfly demanded that you could only buy from you regional dealer.

I wasn't looking to find a difference and certainly didn't notice one. (Maybe if I had been expecting something different I would have convinced myself it was different).

Interesting. Didn't you notice a different smell when opening the rubbers?
I was thinking overseas transportation and sitting on a shelf for a while would 'cause some evaporational effect compared to ones coming “fresh from the factory“.

But certainly you could be right: there might be some “placebo“ behind this as well.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
I have bought ESN rubbers(Rakza7,Barracuda,FastarcG1) and when I took them out of the package they would not lay flat,domed in toward the sponge. This tells me that they had been on the shelf for awhile and the booster has evaporated,so I always use just enough booster to get them flat again. It's a pain in the arrs to try to glue the sponge when it"s like that. Anyone else experience this with a sheet of new rubber out of the package ?

Bluefire M2 & M3, Desto F2 & F3, Rasant Grip & Powergrip had this shrinkage occur too.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Interesting. Didn't you notice a different smell when opening the rubbers?
I was thinking overseas transportation and sitting on a shelf for a while would 'cause some evaporational effect compared to ones coming “fresh from the factory“.

But certainly you could be right: there might be some “placebo“ behind this as well.

It was just Tenergy, but nice because cheaper from Japan back then.

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
I remember a well reputed member write that he's bought tenergy05 in japan and they had a different smell than the ones over here and they also felt more lively.

Whenever in Japan, I do sense things smelling differently too. All things. There's just that little cherry blossom tang. Maybe that's all in my mind. Oh, Fujiyama… Cherry blossoms fall / Cherry blossoms fall and fall / Cherry blossoms fall.

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Whenever in Japan, I do sense things smelling differently too. All things. There's just that little cherry blossom tang. Maybe that's all in my mind. Oh, Fujiyama… Cherry blossoms fall / Cherry blossoms fall and fall / Cherry blossoms fall.

To be anywhere in Japan in the spring is one of life's great privileges. I love Japan.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
Sorry for waking up a really old thread but how does booster actually smell? I see a few references to how factory boosted/tuned sheets stink of booster. Is it like the old speed glue of the 90ies?

(I have a jar of Falco Long at home and I can't detect any kind of smell no matter how hard I try ... maybe it's because I've passed 40?)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
Sorry for waking up a really old thread but how does booster actually smell? I see a few references to how factory boosted/tuned sheets stink of booster. Is it like the old speed glue of the 90ies?

(I have a jar of Falco Long at home and I can't detect any kind of smell no matter how hard I try ... maybe it's because I've passed 40?)

when the boosting is fresh u can smell it but no it does not smell like old speed glue. dian chi has different smell haifu also different and more stinky and falco has lighter smell. after a few days yeah u almost cannot smell if its boosted or not. but u can tell by the sponge which is thicker, u dont need to smell to realize a rubber has been boosted recently

Reactions: mart1nandersson