Blade similar to dhs hurricane long 5

This user has no status.
Since there is too much uncertainty in Dhs product qualities as some are made for commercial purpose, and some are made for pro purposes, its gets tough at getting the blade which we actually desire. Hence I would want to know that which blade has similar construction to Dhs hurricane long 5 and then the playing characteristics similarity.
Till now, what I have come to conclusion is that butterfly innerforce series may do the job, but would like to know from forum members who have used or compared it.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Reactions: urbanzakapa
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Since there is too much uncertainty in Dhs product qualities as some are made for commercial purpose, and some are made for pro purposes, its gets tough at getting the blade which we actually desire. Hence I would want to know that which blade has similar construction to Dhs hurricane long 5 and then the playing characteristics similarity.
Till now, what I have come to conclusion is that butterfly innerforce series may do the job, but would like to know from forum members who have used or compared it.

Have you played with a HL5? What, about that particular blade makes you want something similar?

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

This user has no status.
I haven't played with it. But the reviews what people have given are solid. But I really doubt Dhs quality since I have used dhs rubbers. Hence I wanted an alternative to this blade, if I go ejing

Why does DHS get such a bad rep? I've bought TG3N/H3N multiple times and never noticed any inconsistency in quality?

This user has no status.
Why does DHS get such a bad rep? I've bought TG3N/H3N multiple times and never noticed any inconsistency in quality?
I am not saying that their products are always low quality, but while paying such high amount, an alternative product with similar character as an option can be preferred.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
I have the HL-5 blade and when the new Butterfly Innerforce Layer ALC came out I bought one. They play and feel completely different. I did not like the new Layer ALC at all, maybe I had a bad one.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Look, I'm just gonna shoot straight and call it how I see it. So don't take offense because none is intended but sometimes the truth feels like a slap in the face. Just take this as info.

If someone wants a blade they never tried, that is a sure sign that they have been infected by the EJ virus. And that is a dangerous virus because it infects your brain and you can't think of anything else. It prays on every irrational thought and desire. You could wake up in a cold sweat in the middle of the night thinking: "Must GET HL5 W968 NOW!!!!"

Now, when you have the EJ bug for a blade that's like another blade, and you don't even know what the blade is that's "like" the blade you want, then it is probably time for a visit to the EJ ER for some heavy duty EJ antibiotics.

The companies that make blades that are "like" other blades, they never are really quite like them. The best of these may be the Yinhe Rosewood and it is much more like a Yinhe Rosewood than a Stiga Rosewood. Xiom tried to make an imitation Timo Boll ALC but the Xiom Stradivarius is not very much like a TB ALC.

And the idea of wanting a blade you never tried or wanting a blade that is like a blade you never tried sounds much more like it is about WANTING than it is about wanting that specific blade.

That being said, there is nothing wrong with answering the call of the EJ Virus, provided you can afford it. And you have a resource for this kind of thing:

Hey, Giang, do you have any more HL5s or W968s in your stockpile? How 'bout a W997? Any that you tried, you liked, and are selling because you have the exact one you want?

If not, can you get your hands on a good one for a achalwins or point him to a reputable "dealer" since this is the form of drug he craves?

Thanks! Giang is the man for the DHS hookup! Make no bones about it.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I have the HL-5 blade and when the new Butterfly Innerforce Layer ALC came out I bought one. They play and feel completely different. I did not like the new Layer ALC at all, maybe I had a bad one.

No, those blades are nothing like each other.

This user has no status.
I am not saying that their products are always low quality, but while paying such high amount, an alternative product with similar character as an option can be preferred.

I see, I don't tend to buy the more expensive national/provincial DHS rubbers, I've stuck to the domestic version (with a little baby oil to bring the rubbers to life, since older stocks of neo rubbers sellers carry tend to dry out) and I haven't had any complaints.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
Hey, Giang, do you have any more HL5s or W968s in your stockpile? How 'bout a W997? Any that you tried, you liked, and are selling because you have the exact one you want?

If not, can you get your hands on a good one for a achalwins or point him to a reputable "dealer" since this is the form of drug he craves?

Thanks! Giang is the man for the DHS hookup! Make no bones about it.

Hi Carl, I still have still have 506 pg handle, 1st edition of W968, W997 and 2nd edition of W968. The latter is my main setup for this season, but all of them are very good. I had one HL5 which I sold because the blade wasn't as fast as my W968 2nd edition and didn't have same feeling. It had less feel, but having that said the HL5 is still a good blade.

The Innerforce ALC which I also have, is a lot different compared to the DHS blades with similar composition. The IF ALC has a smaller head size and weighs less. It is slower and have more flex compared to HL5, W997 and both W968 editions.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hi Carl, I still have still have 506 pg handle, 1st edition of W968, W997 and 2nd edition of W968. The latter is my main setup for this season, but all of them are very good. I had one HL5 which I sold because the blade wasn't as fast as my W968 2nd edition and didn't have same feeling. It had less feel, but having that said the HL5 is still a good blade.

The Innerforce ALC which I also have, is a lot different compared to the DHS blades with similar composition. The IF ALC has a smaller head size and weighs less. It is slower and have more flex compared to HL5, W997 and both W968 editions.

Thanks Giang.

Hey achalwins, I say, PM Giang and see what you can sort out. He is the moderator who tries to keep on top of the shady sales people who pop up on the forum and you can have a look at the reviews from people who have bought products from him. He is totally on the up and up. And does an impressive amount to try and keep people from getting swindled on the forum. He can help you.

Reactions: achalwins94
This user has no status.
Thanks Giang.

Hey achalwins, I say, PM Giang and see what you can sort out. He is the moderator who tries to keep on top of the shady sales people who pop up on the forum and you can have a look at the reviews from people who have bought products from him. He is totally on the up and up. And does an impressive amount to try and keep people from getting swindled on the forum. He can help you.

Just PMed Giant

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl