Rubbers Advice

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Read 3 reviews
I am going to buy rubbers for my friend. Just wanted some advice he has been playing about a year. He is using a joola all wood blade I can't remember what rubbers but he has not changed them in around 5 months 3 hours 3 times a week. His FH is a lot better than his BH he is a all round player looping on his FH when ever he has the chance . His BH is less reliable when looping back spin but is OK when blocking or looping top spin. He doesn't know what rubbers he wants just something not to fast. I was thinking about getting him EL-P for FH and FX-P for BH or Donic Acuda Blue P2 FH and Donic Acuda Blue P3 BH. Just wanted to know what you think and some other options.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
I've never used Acuda but I can say that EL-P is a really good choice for both FH and BH. If he's still learning a bit with his BH and blocks a lot, something like rakza 7 soft might be good for him. Vega europe is also a good BH rubber although i think for a lot of people the topsheet might be too soft

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
The combos you named are a good fit except MX-P on bh. If he isn't consistent or strong on bh, then fx-p is a much better choice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I used Carl's WMD Virtuoso+ with MX-P x2 and could loop the heck outta whatever PPHolic fed me. Missed into net or long one ball outta the first 5, then made the next 20 and that was enough to tell me that the setup was consistent and stable for use.

So....... I cannot say with conviction that MX-P is NOT a good BH rubber, it worked for me on both wings on that blade and I wasn't expecting it to work well.

Agreed that a harder sponge in not the equipment choice or theory for many players' developing BH, but if your impact is right along with the rest of the deal (Hit in Zone, balance, position, etc) it will work just great. Softer sponged rubbers are generally more forgiving and easier to control, which is desirable for many players who are developing.

Reactions: rokphish
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
One thing I would say though, if he doesn't want something too fast, the Evolution series is pretty fast. What about these:

Donic Baracuda
Xiom Vega Europe/Vega Pro

I guess EL-P and FX-P are not as fast as MX-P but they are not still pretty fast. And perhaps Aurus Soft and Aurus sound would also be more useful.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
One thing I would say though, if he doesn't want something too fast, the Evolution series is pretty fast. What about these:

Donic Baracuda
Xiom Vega Europe/Vega Pro

I guess EL-P and FX-P are not as fast as MX-P but they are not still pretty fast. And perhaps Aurus Soft and Aurus sound would also be more useful.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

Vega europe is a pretty good rubber for BH if you like soft rubbers. The rubber is extremely easy to control but the problem is that it doesn't have a lot of feedback when looping.