YosuaYosan's Videos Thread !

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
Let's see Yosua:

Service - bend your knees to make your service lower to the net. It's WAY TOO HIGH! If your service is above 2-3 inches over the net it is an easy target for flickers or loopers.

Footwork - you already said you know your footwork is sluggish. I would suggest getting lighter shoes because those huge things you have on look heavy. The other thing is stay on the balls of your feet to prevent sluggish movements. It will hurt practicing like that, but you will move faster and then the pain won't be noticeable when you start winning a lot :D

Chopping - you need to stay lower and you need to chop to your left with your backhand and to the right with your forehand. If you want the best chopping style watch Joo Se Hyuk. He's great and it shows how he's the best defender out there when he beats all the other ones. Really let the ball dig into the pips too.

Forehand - for attacking and looping. Don't brush the ball. Instead stay low and hit the ball with a closed racket angle 30-45 degrees. Make sure you hit forward and upward. Not downward or it will go into the net. If you can get a nice closed angle and if you swing faster than what you're doing in these videos you will get a lot more shots in and they'll be really pretty :D

Hope this helps.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews
Let's see Yosua:

Service - bend your knees to make your service lower to the net. It's WAY TOO HIGH! If your service is above 2-3 inches over the net it is an easy target for flickers or loopers.

Footwork - you already said you know your footwork is sluggish. I would suggest getting lighter shoes because those huge things you have on look heavy. The other thing is stay on the balls of your feet to prevent sluggish movements. It will hurt practicing like that, but you will move faster and then the pain won't be noticeable when you start winning a lot :D

Chopping - you need to stay lower and you need to chop to your left with your backhand and to the right with your forehand. If you want the best chopping style watch Joo Se Hyuk. He's great and it shows how he's the best defender out there when he beats all the other ones. Really let the ball dig into the pips too.

Forehand - for attacking and looping. Don't brush the ball. Instead stay low and hit the ball with a closed racket angle 30-45 degrees. Make sure you hit forward and upward. Not downward or it will go into the net. If you can get a nice closed angle and if you swing faster than what you're doing in these videos you will get a lot more shots in and they'll be really pretty :D

Hope this helps.

Wooohoo!! Thanks a bunch sir :D
I am currently doing a recap on all my techniques. That sure is a help :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews
Dont you play sinism on me richard, you have adviced me in another thread how to do stuff, what to improve and I thank you for that.
It certainly means that you know which guy I am, not to mention that I got some videos in this thread.

Never seen someone as ignorant as you richard, probably you should reply sir Carl and sir Lorre's question about your playing video whereabouts.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Bending the knees and getting your weight forward is important Yosua. :) Also, try your serve from all the way at the backhand corner of the table, so that your body is to the side of the table and where your racket contacts the ball is at the backhand side near the edge. :) See what happens.