All about dwell time, maybe, but only if there are enough people interested.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
When Pnatchwey would start a thread here on some scientific or engineering topic, for a while, some newly opened account would miraculously show up on mytt with a post linking to the thread on ttd asking people to come over and debate. Pure coincidence? You be the judge.

I think you are being a conspiracy theorist now you should stop it. Why on earth someone would do such a thing [-_-]

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Nov 2010
Look, the thing that is worth understanding about Pnachtwey is, this is a lot of what he is on the forums for. He wants to set up arguments to "prove" he is right but, more importantly, to prove someone else was WRONG.
But I am right. I have always been right on this topic. I always had the high speed videos to back me up from the beginning. I have always had the math and physics to back me up. The fools that ignore the videos and called me names were wrong.

What limits of understanding are you talking about? How would you know about anybodie's limits of understanding when yur mind is so small? What I do know is that because you can't tell us about how to calculate dwell time or the conditions under which it occurs you are not qualified to speak on this topic at all. I don't care how good a TT player you are. I haven't seen any TT pros write a good article about dwell time. They can just hit the ball back and forth.

I can list a lot of things that I have done. Before I got kicked off the OOAK forum I posted a list of links to about 24 articles about stuff that I had done and ask WTFRU to challenge me. Well that didn't go over to well but none of the fools challenged me. It was easier to kick me of the forum than challenge me.

Now WTFRU? WTF have you done that is of any significance?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
But I am right.

Look, if you are right, I would have no problem with that. I don't think you get that. Your being right or wrong on certain things has never been my concern. Your attitude and how you try and treat people, that is my concern. The narrow mindedness of you thinking you are right and that that actually matters is a big problem because in thinking you are right you call people names and attack them. Emotionally you are fairly unhealthy. That is the actual issue. I want this to be clear: I am not calling names, I am not trying to be mean. The person who is most affected, most negatively impacted by that unhealthiness that I am talking about is Pnachtwey. I actually think that is clear and in many ways, it is sad that a guy who is so smart and a full grown adult is running around the internet yelling that everyone else is stupid, and can't understand why people here don't listen to him the way they do when they are his employees.

And, Pnachtwey, KillerspinTT explained pretty nicely, in those throw angle threads, things that could help you with your game and what you don't seem to understand about dwell time and why. It is also why you didn't understand how Der_Echte's posts about hand pressure were about dwell time. But you just thought they were an off topic distraction that you didn't want in YOUR thread.

But you are not here for learning things that will actually help your game. You are not interested in that. As I already said, you are more interested in proving other people wrong. It really is too bad. Izra is a pretty good guy and he has stood up for you in the best of ways. And he has asked you to present your information.

Why don't you just present your information and drop the arguing. I am not trying to make you look bad. Nor was I in the post where I said that you are here more to try and prove other people wrong. I am just calling that how it is. But if you dropped the right and wrong stuff, and just presented your information and let people judge for themselves, then you would probably feel better and hopefully that would help you stop calling people names.

See if you can present it as information instead of presenting it as an argument. I think that would actually help your cause. Regardless of the ridiculousness of your previous posts, I am sure there are actually still some people who would appreciate the information. Even though, I have to be honest with you, the physics numbers of dwell time is not of major concern to me. :)

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
By the way Pnachtwey, since you asked who I am:

Here: you can look for yourself:

www.yogascope.com

This is my first career when I wanted to be a racehorse jockey!

Rocking Horse.jpg

Petting Horse.jpg

But, for real, this is what I used to do when I skated in competitions and when I did shows in Ringling Brother's and Barnum and Baily Circus:

Mute Invert.jpg

sc003507ed.jpg

sc003532bc.jpg

This is me doing what I teach:

HANDSTAND.jpg

Handstand with Legs Parallel to the Ground.jpg

IMG_1175.jpg

Here is me "teaching":

33Judith-Carl.jpg

Carl Teaching TT.jpg

NYYTA Workshop 1.jpg

The real truth of the matter is, that most of what I do is work one on one with people who have real problems and help them feel better. Like, I have a client who has one leg 10 inches shorter than the other and I get him to do things that make his body work better for him and him not to feel as much pain as a result of the asymmetry. I have another client who has had most of the muscles from his neck shoulder and jaw on the right side, removed from surgery for cancer and I get him to do things that make his body work better and hurt less. I have a lot of clients who are pretty normal but we are all human and we all have things that don't work right. As we get older, most of us have some sort of pain from habitual patterns of movement associated with daily living. What I do doesn't fix anything but it helps remove stress and helps people's bodies work better.

That is actually what I do. The movement analysis and reading functional movement patterns is associated with that and the movement analysis is how I see where people are holding stress and how to help them release some of it.

But, does that really matter?

You are a physicist. And I am confident that in your field you are well respected. You are a table tennis player and you have fun playing and I think that is great. But, for some reason you like to argue and you would be better served just dropping the argument and presenting your information.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
Look, if you are right, I would have no problem with that. I don't think you get that. Your being right or wrong on certain things has never been my concern. Your attitude and how you try and treat people, that is my concern. The narrow mindedness of you thinking you are right and that that actually matters is a big problem because in thinking you are right you call people names and attack them. Emotionally you are fairly unhealthy. That is the actual issue. I want this to be clear: I am not calling names, I am not trying to be mean. The person who is most affected, most negatively impacted by that unhealthiness that I am talking about is Pnachtwey. I actually think that is clear and in many ways, it is sad that a guy who is so smart and a full grown adult is running around the internet yelling that everyone else is stupid, and can't understand why people here don't listen to him the way they do when they are his employees.

And, Pnachtwey, KillerspinTT explained pretty nicely, in those throw angle threads, things that could help you with your game and what you don't seem to understand about dwell time and why. It is also why you didn't understand how Der_Echte's posts about hand pressure were about dwell time. But you just thought they were an off topic distraction that you didn't want in YOUR thread.

But you are not here for learning things that will actually help your game. You are not interested in that. As I already said, you are more interested in proving other people wrong. It really is too bad. Izra is a pretty good guy and he has stood up for you in the best of ways. And he has asked you to present your information.

Why don't you just present your information and drop the arguing. I am not trying to make you look bad. Nor was I in the post where I said that you are here more to try and prove other people wrong. I am just calling that how it is. But if you dropped the right and wrong stuff, and just presented your information and let people judge for themselves, then you would probably feel better and hopefully that would help you stop calling people names.

See if you can present it as information instead of presenting it as an argument. I think that would actually help your cause. Regardless of the ridiculousness of your previous posts, I am sure there are actually still some people who would appreciate the information. Even though, I have to be honest with you, the physics numbers of dwell time is not of major concern to me. :)

Such a good post for him, but it's too long. You give him too many options to find something he doesn't like in it so he'll ignore the rest of the post when he finds something.

says what [IMG]
I'd have to agree with Carl.

Perhaps Pnachtwey is very skilled in his field, or perhaps he is not. I don't actually know enough about the subject to judge what is rubbish and what is not, but let us assume that everything is technically correct.

He may be entirely technically correct, but it still does not mean he can act with the maturity of a teenager.

I am not even in the working age and I am still in school, yet I do not feel the need to go online and call people idiots, especially not moderating figures. When an established physicist goes and does that, something is terribly wrong.

Measuring one's worth via achievements in their career is quite flawed, in my opinion. You can be as wealthy and established as you want and have as many beta-male suckers kiss up to you as is possible, but if you're unhappy, bad with people and act on your impulses stemming from a dissatisfaction in life, then you're pathetic in my eyes.

Something should be done about such harmful behavior, lest it corrupt oneself entirely.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
I'd have to agree with Carl.

Perhaps Pnachtwey is very skilled in his field, or perhaps he is not. I don't actually know enough about the subject to judge what is rubbish and what is not, but let us assume that everything is technically correct.

He may be entirely technically correct, but it still does not mean he can act with the maturity of a teenager.

I am not even in the working age and I am still in school, yet I do not feel the need to go online and call people idiots, especially not moderating figures. When an established physicist goes and does that, something is terribly wrong.

Measuring one's worth via achievements in their career is quite flawed, in my opinion. You can be as wealthy and established as you want and have as many beta-male suckers kiss up to you as is possible, but if you're unhappy, bad with people and act on your impulses stemming from a dissatisfaction in life, then you're pathetic in my eyes.

Something should be done about such harmful behavior, lest it corrupt oneself entirely.

Pnacthwey has distorted physics laws many times to prove he is right.

Stating that thinner rubber can be faster than thicker ones keeping all the factors the same was really hilarious. Anyway I think im gonna stop here cause the guy simply doesnt worth it

Reactions: BeGo
This user has no status.
Pnacthwey has distorted physics laws many times to prove he is right.

Stating that thinner rubber can be faster than thicker ones keeping all the factors the same was really hilarious. Anyway I think im gonna stop here cause the guy simply doesnt worth it

http://thoughtsontabletennis.files.wordpress.com/2015/09/text79321.png?w=902

While sound hilarious, "thinner sponge faster” actually right, on flat hit. :)

Reason,
- on stationary blade, ball return always slower than incoming ball, so, essentially, "faster" means less speed loss here, or "less dampening"
- sponge never harder than the wood behind it, so rubber never faster than the wood behind it.

We don't need flat hit speed. We need spin to dip the ball to the table, so we can swing / loop harder and the ball land on opponent table, not neighbour table, hence (real) faster ball return.[emoji14]

But,

Before someone ask Slo Mo Guys to make similar video to this golf ball video, my guess the nature of dwell time shall remain elusive.

Sent from my T1X Plus using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
http://thoughtsontabletennis.files.wordpress.com/2015/09/text79321.png?w=902

While sound hilarious, "thinner sponge faster” actually right, on flat hit. :)

Reason,
- on stationary blade, ball return always slower than incoming ball, so, essentially, "faster" means less speed loss here, or "less dampening"
- sponge never harder than the wood behind it, so rubber never faster than the wood behind it.

We don't need flat hit speed. We need spin to dip the ball to the table, so we can swing / loop harder and the ball land on opponent table, not neighbour table, hence (real) faster ball return.[emoji14]

But,

Before someone ask Slo Mo Guys to make similar video to this golf ball video, my guess the nature of dwell time shall remain elusive.

Sent from my T1X Plus using Tapatalk

Sorry i didnt even watch the whole video cause it is irrelevant with table tennis moment of impact

Its not that simple. and still even on flat hits thinnger sponges cannot be faster its simple application of the hook law (longer length of maximum deformed spring = greater force applied after the impact) . The paddle is working as one whole body there is no discretion between the rubber and the wood . What does the statement rubber is not faster than the wood behind? do we really need to analyse this? does it matter on table tennis?

Jesus people we are talking about TT here. Dont get overexcited over scientific statements that have no actual meaning on how to be better at TT

Even a player who plays for the first time can actually feel and understand why thicker sponges are faster and spinnier. he doesnt neeed science and one simply does not care, we are playing the game.

Im not going to post more I have analyzed these facts even with physics in previous posts of mine and especially in my debate with mr peanut here

Last edited:
Reactions: BeGo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
p.s. that image on the blog you provided is wrong. Dont want to sound like mr smartass here but if you want to really understand whats happening during and after a moment of impact you need to read about 1.kinetic energy, energy loss during objects impact 2. material elasticity, elastic and anelastic impact between objects , deformation during impact and after 3. momentum and how it works 4. spin & bounce

or you can simply try executing the same stroke on a robot with the same blade and the same motion but with different rubber, to avoid all these scientific blablabla.

Even if you dont copy your motion 100 % for each ball you wil clearly see that thicker rubbers on the same blade are faster

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Pnachtwey wrote:

<snip> I haven't seen any TT pros write a good article about dwell time. They can just hit the ball back and forth. </snip>

I have been popping into this thread every now and again for my guilty pleasure giggle of the day, but this almost qualified for a coffee all over my screen moment. :)

Sorry I don't have much to contribute regarding dwell time in table tennis, I've never really gone past the general feeling that some rubbers feel like the ball stays in contact with the rubber longer than others.

But if Pnachtwey can eventually man up and share his insights instead of his insults, I'd be interested to know if there is something he knows about dwell time that has practical application to my playing of the game. It took me over 20 years to learn that I was hitting the ball too early on my forehand loop, so I'm always open to learning something new and useful.

Cheers,
Greg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Sorry i didnt even watch the whole video cause it is irrelevant with table tennis moment of impact

Its not that simple. and still even on flat hits thinnger sponges cannot be faster its simple application of the hook law (longer length of maximum deformed spring = greater force applied after the impact) . The paddle is working as one whole body there is no discretion between the rubber and the wood . What does the statement rubber is not faster than the wood behind? do we really need to analyse this? does it matter on table tennis?

Jesus people we are talking about TT here. Dont get overexcited over scientific statements that have no actual meaning on how to be better at TT

Even a player who plays for the first time can actually feel and understand why thicker sponges are faster and spinnier. he doesnt neeed science and one simply does not care, we are playing the game.

Im not going to post more I have analyzed these facts even with physics in previous posts of mine and especially in my debate with mr peanut here

Exactly. The statement is based on sponge as dampener, not sponge as spring. In a sense, I can understand it and think it is right, but in another sense, it needs to be caveated because its practical application in the modern game is questionable. Unfortunately, the practical application of stuff is often missing in these discussions. The better I get at TT, the more stuff I realize that I never really understood. I mean, if I didn't work with two brilliant coaches, Gerald Reid and Brett Clarke, I would never have felt confident saying anything about TT given my current level.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Carl must have photshopped one or two of hiz pics.

The ladies in his classes are a little more endowed and more scantily clad... and more of them in the ranks.

Trust me, I wouldn't want to post photos of one of my fuller classes on the Internetz. But, for you and NextLevel, if you ever want to come to one of them as my guest on an NYC adventure, I promise, you will figure out why Michael Landers and Mark Croitoroo have come to so many of my classes. Hahaha.

I also will not mention the name of the Victoria's Secret model who used to come to my classes before she had kids. But I will tell you that she wasn't even close to being one of the hottest women to come to my classes.

[Edit: but she was darn hot and she was super cool and a very smart person. So, not like the stereotype of a model.]

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

Last edited: