Which team do you want to win at the 2016 World Championships?

• China

Votes: 60 65.2%
  • Germany

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Japan

Votes: 10 10.9%
  • Korea Republic

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Portugal

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Hong Kong

• Austria

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Sweden

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • France

• Other (Post Below)

Votes: 5 5.4%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
Lebesson OMG.. 4 match points saved.. Amazing.
Lucky Drinkhaul...
Nah, not lucky. They both gave it their all, but unfortunately only one could win. It could have gone either way, I think.

Congrats England. Not bad for a promoted team to reach the semis, hehehe :cool:
And applause for France for playing a first class match :)

Last edited:
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
England are through to the semi finals of the World Team Championships with a sensational 3-2 victory over France!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
WHAT AN ACHIEVEMENT! They have seriously done this country proud. Who'd have expected England to have got to the semis? Especially after losing their opening 2 group games. Absolutely astonishing effort. Surprising the whole world. Japan are certainly beatable with the spirit the guys have right now. Imagine England in the final? I KNOW I AM! :D

Reactions: jedimasterplk
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
I think England deserved it most, they were a little bit better in overall performance. Both drinkhall and pitchford were in control of their games with lebesson and gauzy, some unforced errors and the french were back into the game.

I wanted England to win although so far I was a fan of France, they believed it more they were more focused and made better choices in crucial points, the unforced errors (they rushed too much to finish off the game when they had a good lead) nearly cost them a match which was undeniably theirs. Great passion, fighting spirit and they werent afraid to take risks, whereas the french played more safe, maybe too safe sometimes.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
You are very polite...
Thanks, Nextlevel :)
Yeah, tried being a bit more direct twice before. Didn't really work out on those occasions. Trying out this "soft power" thingy now :p

To add to my previous post, I'd say despite losing one match, Ito has so far a slightly better ratio than the rest of the Japanese team. In other words, she's been - and is - their best performer and have more than earned her coach's confidence and her spot on the team.