Which team do you want to win at the 2016 World Championships?

• China

Votes: 60 65.2%
  • Germany

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Japan

Votes: 10 10.9%
  • Korea Republic

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Portugal

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Hong Kong

• Austria

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Sweden

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • France

• Other (Post Below)

Votes: 5 5.4%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
And there it is: Korea DPR beats Singapore to go through to the semis.

Star of the match? Pretty much all the players in this match, but perhaps Kim Song I, who sealed the win. She's a spellbindingly creative defensive player :)

A truely awesome match and well worth taking time to watch the recap. :) The only thing capable of beating this match today would be Sweden beating China later on, methinks! Hehehe ;)

I looove table tennis like this! :D

Last edited:
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
The Quarter Finals have commenced!

NOW LIVE: Portugal's Joao Monteiro vs Korea's Joo Se Hyuk! Table 1: Be sure to join us all in the live streaming which has chat with TTD members here: http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/livestreaming/

CcsP0kyWoAAoJXh.jpg:large

Table 2: Japan vs Hong Kong!

Although one may be deceived by the 3 - 0 scoreline, I am very impressed by the Swedish team's performance. Rank 44, 52 and 85 putting up such a strong performance against the 3 best players in the world was great to watch and I hope it will inspire younger swedish players to rise up to the Chinese challenge once again!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
japanese coaches strategy is quite strange. I remember men's coach two years ago kept Seya Kishikawa playing although he was loosing everything. Now same coach, same strategy with Koki Niwa, who is not in good form whole year. Young players like Yoshimura and Oshima did great job last year and should be promoted for play.
Also on the women side Mima Ito is still very young and sometimes looses easy point and give up so quickly. Wakamiya Misako should be playing in my opinion.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
When Simon Gauzy beat Paul Drinkhall he did a victory celebration by waving arms and now Liam Pitchford that he has beaten Simon Gauzy, he did almost exactly the same victory celebration as Simon did, perhaps was some sort of celebration "get back" ? :)

Last edited:
Reactions: ttmonster
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
So China beat Sweden 3-0. A more than expected result, but...

It was a long time ago I saw a team of clear-cut underdogs come out and play with such pluckyness and grit against the top 3 players in the world. Sure, they lost in straight sets, but there is more than one way of losing 3-0 and these guys really showed fighting spirit, joy of the game and a willingness to give it a proper go. And none of them seemed starstruck or awestruck at all.
Bloody well done, I think. And it bodes well for the WTTTC 2018 in Sweden.

A very good day for the Swedish team, all things considered.
Oh, and congrats to China, of course :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
Also on the women side Mima Ito is still very young and sometimes looses easy point and give up so quickly. Wakamiya Misako should be playing in my opinion.
Not sure this is true. Ito Mima had the best win/loss ratio of the Japanese team in the group stages. She's been very steady, despite being just 15.

Reactions: NextLevel