Adidas P7 Alternative

Is it possible to view that page in english?:confused:

I'm afraid not, but under the big telephone number it says "Contacto". I guess if you ask them anything in English they'll be able to reply.

DISCLAIMER. I'm not Vladimir Samsonov and have no connection with that shop :-D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
Well if P7 pisses on tenergy, then why don't the pros use p7 instead? Moreover, if you would see reviews, you would read -similar to t05.
I think you got a pissed batch of tenergy. Why don't you try again? It shouldn't piss that much, if you got technique correct. And if p7 would be better in all aspects by so much difference as you say, adidas would have got very big sales and the company wouldn't have shut.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

The pro's are sponsored by butterfly so they have to use it. & P7 the manufacturer stopped making it because Adidas wanted too much of a cut & they were not making a profit. It was not due to lack of sales.

This user has no status.
The pro's are sponsored by butterfly so they have to use it. & P7 the manufacturer stopped making it because Adidas wanted too much of a cut & they were not making a profit. It was not due to lack of sales.
Read the interview of Timo Boll. He states that chinese equipments are better and there isn't any way to get what their top players are using, otherwise he would have got that company's sponsorship!
Which clearly means that Timo(pro) can go for any company for sponsorship he wants. What you stated about pros, that must be true for low ranking players.
If that's what you say, look at Dima's rubber!
Please get your facts clear.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
Read the interview of Timo Boll. He states that chinese equipments are better and there isn't any way to get what their top players are using, otherwise he would have got that company's sponsorship!
Which clearly means that Timo(pro) can go for any company for sponsorship he wants. What you stated about pros, that must be true for low ranking players.
If that's what you say, look at Dima's rubber!
Please get your facts clear.

Hold on, lets get your facts clear... "The Pro's are using Tenergy", -but not the Chinese (world champ's) Pro's because they have access the Chinese equipment that other pro's don't have access to? So the top (Chinese) Pro's have access to rubber that nobody else can use (& it's not tenergy) but the other PAID pro's use tenergy (because butterfly has the most money to through around -due to their high prices & brand name) & then the other lower Pro's use whatever they like because they have to pay for it themselves -but they don't use tenergy either for some strange reason?

Butterfly do provide a lot of sponsorship to the other PAID Pro's (e.g. Timo who does use tenergy because it's free for him & they pay him to use it & then reap the benefits of saying Timo uses tenergy "because it's the best rubber" (even though Timo say's it's not).

Timo goes for the most lucrative sponsorship because he can play bloody well with any rubber & want's the money that butterfly are so happy to throw at him!

So even with your tenergy promo, in your own words you acknowledge it's actually not the best rubber out there but try to promote it.

I was asking for a P7 alternative & can tell you for sure tenergy of any flavor is NOT IT (for me). I have had your non butterfly suggestions & appreciate those but please don't do any more marketing for butterfly as they have nothing that's a suitable comparison. Especially not for the price.

That said I do use a butterfly blade (Innerforce ZLC) so I can't rubbish all of their products!!! (for my playing style).

This user has no status.
I must also say that Tenergy 05 is a good rubber but I can't imagine that all players in the world can get "all out of it". Many other rubbers are suitable for the majority of players. Very hard to say that a "best rubber exist" and just because you have "the best" equipment it doesn't mean you have any advantage of it. Do a Ferrari make you a better driver? Skill level do make a difference! P7 was a very popular rubber and it's to bad that Adidas wanted a bigger cut.

Also I tend to show this to all who promote Butterfly a little too much and explains the fact that some players like Drinkhall or even better Niwa has changed from Butterfly to an other sponsor. Some people who had one sponsor but still used Tenergy has also begun to change from Tenergy. I'm not a pro and played Tenergy 05 with the old ball but with the polyball I just didn't have the same advantage so changed from it. Tenergy 05 is still a good rubber but for us mortals there are alot of other rubbers that we can use.

http://www.butterfly.tt/info/world-ranking/men

http://www.butterfly.tt/info/world-ranking/women

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
No one can deny how much of an impact Tenergy has had over the years. But it has become less relevant as time has gone on. The price has ballooned massively, other manufacturers have closed the performance gap considerably, and it could be argued that the plastic ball benefits from a different type of rubber (I know not everyone would agree with that last one, but that's how I find things at the moment - very personal thing).

It's still great, but worth paying almost double the price over the latest ESN? Not for me. And I honestly don't care that the pros use it. First up, the pros in general have different performance needs to me, and different cost considerations. I evaluate my needs based on my highly average amateur level and the fact that I have to pay money for rubbers. Secondly, there could be many reasons for so many pros using tenergy unrelated to performance alone. Sponsorship is a big one, plus Tenergy made a big splash when it was first released. Although the gap has closed since, the pros won't switch unless it's really worth it. And although we are seeing some interesting changes now (Koki Niwa), even if ESN produced something which was just as good overall, why bother switching if the overall benefit is zero?

Personally, I think it's better to look at the next level down from the top 50 pros and see what's going on there - it becomes slightly more relevant to mere mortals such as ourselves. You still see lots of Tenergy, but there is more variety there. Lots of Rasant in the Bundesliga, lots of Rhyzm and MX-P in the British League. These guys are still MUCH better than me, and if they don't need Tenergy then neither do I. If I use ESN, it won't hold me back. So why pay twice as much? It doesn't make sense to me, for what I need. It only made sense when Tenergy was doing something no other rubber was, and when it was comparable in price. I can get a full season out of my Omega V Asia for £26 (if I look after it), and I play better with it too (YMMV of course), so that's it for me.

Of course, I can totally understand why someone else would be happy to keep paying the £45 for Tenergy too, and that's their choice. Everyone evaluates value for money in their own way.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016

It's funny for you to say that when players like dima, samsonov and a bunch of chinese players use / used Tenergy despite not being sponsored by butterfly.

I have yet to find a rubber that plays better than Tenergy 05 and 80. Tibhar evolution series are probably the only rubbers that is in the league with tenergy series and yet you still can't get that Tenergy unique sponge feeling from any other rubber.

If you like P7, most probably you'll like boosted hurricane more than tenergy in the first place. I've found the ideal play style between P7 and Tenergy is different in the first place

Reactions: achalwins94
This user has no status.
Hold on, lets get your facts clear... "The Pro's are using Tenergy", -but not the Chinese (world champ's) Pro's because they have access the Chinese equipment that other pro's don't have access to? So the top (Chinese) Pro's have access to rubber that nobody else can use (& it's not tenergy) but the other PAID pro's use tenergy (because butterfly has the most money to through around -due to their high prices & brand name) & then the other lower Pro's use whatever they like because they have to pay for it themselves -but they don't use tenergy either for some strange reason?

Butterfly do provide a lot of sponsorship to the other PAID Pro's (e.g. Timo who does use tenergy because it's free for him & they pay him to use it & then reap the benefits of saying Timo uses tenergy "because it's the best rubber" (even though Timo say's it's not).

Timo goes for the most lucrative sponsorship because he can play bloody well with any rubber & want's the money that butterfly are so happy to throw at him!

So even with your tenergy promo, in your own words you acknowledge it's actually not the best rubber out there but try to promote it.

I was asking for a P7 alternative & can tell you for sure tenergy of any flavor is NOT IT (for me). I have had your non butterfly suggestions & appreciate those but please don't do any more marketing for butterfly as they have nothing that's a suitable comparison. Especially not for the price.

That said I do use a butterfly blade (Innerforce ZLC) so I can't rubbish all of their products!!! (for my playing style).
I myself don't play with tenergy, because it's out of my budget. I don't know buddy what to say you, it's like you are holding something against butterfly. What about Dima then? Then Marcos? Before he got butterfly sponsorship, he was using butterfly mm sort of though being sponsored by tibhar, and also used tenergy. There are many examples. What I meant simply was if you are not on budget, go for tenergies.... I gotta say more but you think that I am actually supporting butterfly. Why don't you check my profile and tell me whether I am using it ? Do get your nutrition from time to time buddy. Seems like you have got anger issues due to nutrition deficiency or something.
Anyway, those links of Vladimir site,,why don't you buy all p7 from there? Should be enough for years probably.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Anyway, those links of Vladimir site,,why don't you buy all p7 from there? Should be enough for years probably.

Perhaps a slight bit of care is needed though. Eventually, all Adidas rubbers will drop off the LARC, and then by the letter of the law they aren't legal to use. I doubt anyone really cares about this at a low-ish level, but still. Worth considering.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
I tried thibar el-p and donic bluefire jp 02and 03 and they are very good !!!!
Normal price thought

Myself i will try tenergy because iam interest to see by myself the opinion of the people

Iam playing at the moment with thibar el-p max on gavin reactor over here in spain

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
This might get some of you P7-Lovers jumpin': I just stocked up on P7 - I Think I bought 5 sheets or so, all 2.0mm... Not only do Danish webstore (darn- I'm not allowed to post links, it says..well insert punctuation where needed) wwwbordtennisskandinaviendk have P7s in stock - they also have quite the offer these days, probably because of the Adidas exit.. They have a solid 50% discount on ALL Adidas TT equipment, which makes the P7 go for only $25 - or £17!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
No one can deny how much of an impact Tenergy has had over the years. But it has become less relevant as time has gone on. The price has ballooned massively, other manufacturers have closed the performance gap considerably, and it could be argued that the plastic ball benefits from a different type of rubber (I know not everyone would agree with that last one, but that's how I find things at the moment - very personal thing).

It's still great, but worth paying almost double the price over the latest ESN? Not for me. And I honestly don't care that the pros use it. First up, the pros in general have different performance needs to me, and different cost considerations. I evaluate my needs based on my highly average amateur level and the fact that I have to pay money for rubbers. Secondly, there could be many reasons for so many pros using tenergy unrelated to performance alone. Sponsorship is a big one, plus Tenergy made a big splash when it was first released. Although the gap has closed since, the pros won't switch unless it's really worth it. And although we are seeing some interesting changes now (Koki Niwa), even if ESN produced something which was just as good overall, why bother switching if the overall benefit is zero?

Personally, I think it's better to look at the next level down from the top 50 pros and see what's going on there - it becomes slightly more relevant to mere mortals such as ourselves. You still see lots of Tenergy, but there is more variety there. Lots of Rasant in the Bundesliga, lots of Rhyzm and MX-P in the British League. These guys are still MUCH better than me, and if they don't need Tenergy then neither do I. If I use ESN, it won't hold me back. So why pay twice as much? It doesn't make sense to me, for what I need. It only made sense when Tenergy was doing something no other rubber was, and when it was comparable in price. I can get a full season out of my Omega V Asia for £26 (if I look after it), and I play better with it too (YMMV of course), so that's it for me.

Of course, I can totally understand why someone else would be happy to keep paying the £45 for Tenergy too, and that's their choice. Everyone evaluates value for money in their own way.

Your reply is far too accurate. All of us "top of the bottom to average level players" are hoping for the right equipment to make a difference... But not willing to pay tenergy prices as double the cost is certainly not double the performance.