Gel Blade 5

This user has no status.
4 out of 5 rating for Gel Blade 5

Let' begin with a short story time. Since a decade i have to deal with really bad back pain, as strong that after the training I needed painkillers so i could lay and sleep. At that time I was wearing the usual tabletennis equipment provider shoes. Around 5 years or even perhaps longer time ago i switched to Asics Gel-Blade. I'm telling you compared with the normal shoes it was like walking into fluffy clouds. My back pain was relieved by half i would say. Since then Im sticking with them and I was never dissapointed. Now lets look a bit more detailed into the shoe. It is a ultra light-weight, after some minutes you are not feeling that you are wearing shoes, it is totaly natural. The shoe provides a nice stablity to your foot and the ligaments, what gives you a real feeling of security. I had in all these years of table tennis just once a sprained ligament what was due to a lack of grip. With what we come to the only point what I dont like so much. At the beginning the grip is really good, you can move fast and you are not sliding. But in my opinion the grip is fading too fast. Around after 3/4 year with 3-4 times training + 1 game per week the sole is really worked up and the grip is quite gone. Despite that the rest of the shoe stays close to 100% in perfect shape. For the price of around 70-80€ you are getting a top class shoes. Im just sad that the new 5 series is unbelievable ugly. Just avaible in this horrible blue or in a headache giving white-neon yellow-orange-red mix. Nevertheless a top shoes worth buying.

Reactions: Tommy16