Why do you boost?

says what [IMG]
1206dp_05+june_2012_power_products+garrett_turbo.jpg07.jpg

Don't mind me, just posting some relevant boosting content, like the last few posts.

:rolleyes:

Reactions: Ilia Minkin
says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
Mar 2011
Read 8 reviews
The answer is quite simple for me..

Everyone else my level and up does it, to be able to compete on a level playing field I simply have to. If nobody boosted, I wouldn't do it either. Simple as that.

And ofc, it makes a huge difference on playing characteristics on the rubber. Regarding feel, speed and spin. But if no one boosted, I wouldn't because it ain't fair if not all can do the same.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
I generally boost the rubber on the soles of my shoes and I also find that boosting my National version socks and underwear is very effective and gives me an edge in match play and also with the ladies. [emoji2] But if the goon squad finds out they will be after me in a heartbeat: yet again.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

I think this is pretty funny, mate.
:D
But one question: do you use gas boosting for the national undies?
;)

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012

On 15-Dec-08, at 11:57 AM, Julian Le Rouzic wrote:
> 1. You said that any post-factory treatment is illegal but it does not appear in the rules. It is only mentioned that properties of the topsheet must be the same. Falcoboosting seems to respect all the rules, does it ?
>
> 3. If falcoboosting is applied to a sponge bought separately from the topsheet (for example chinese products), it does not break any rules, even the post-factory treatment rule. Why should it be illegal ?
>

Here are the answers to your questions:
1. In the Table tennis Laws of the ITTF, section 2.4, the composition of the racket is very clear. Nothing else can be added whether healthy or not. So the racket is composed of a blade, sponge, rubber and an adhesive to affix the racket covering to the blade. That's it. Anything else added is not according to our rules. So boosters, tuners, butter, oil, orange juice, etc., is not legal as part of the racket.
3. Because you cannot "add" anything to the sponge. The racket rule is very clear: blade, sponge, rubber and adhesive. That is it. No additives.

Adham Sharara

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
ITTF must invent anyway to check if this rule is been breaked.

All sports have regulations, and anti dopping tests.

Who fail an antidoping test can be banned from sport.

How can referees check if the raquet uses some forbidden agent?

This is the great point in my simple opnion.

Enviado de meu D6633 usando Tapatalk

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Netolx... have you had your head stuck in a hole the last ten years dude?

You want to test for a suspected booster, but ittf and every national association allows factory tuned rubbers as long as they do not gas off vocs above a threshold... even an unturned Mark V newly opened will set off the test ittf already made in the detector as the vocs from gluing the topsheet to sponge haven't yet gassed off.

What is your plan? Tin foil hats? Google Earth? Goon Squad?

Out of any of the 3 ridiculous options I said the last one is the only possible one...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Netolx... have you had your head stuck in a hole the last ten years dude?

You want to test for a suspected booster, but ittf and every national association allows factory tuned rubbers as long as they do not gas off vocs above a threshold... even an unturned Mark V newly opened will set off the test ittf already made in the detector as the vocs from gluing the topsheet to sponge haven't yet gassed off.

What is your plan? Tin foil hats? Google Earth? Goon Squad?

Out of any of the 3 ridiculous options I said the last one is the only possible one...

Where is bjgmann when you need him? [emoji2]

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
He abruptly departed to attend important annual national G.O.M. convention in Tuscon, AZ......

Yep. Those GOM meetings where they plan how to thwart the goonies.....

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
Hey all, I'm constantñy reading posts and topics on boosting, and I have a simple question: why do you boost? For what reasons, and how?

Here's a more relevant question. At your level, does adding 1-2 kph to your shot (if timed well) more significant than improving footwork, timing, technique, touch, serve and mental game?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Here's a more relevant question. At your level, does adding 1-2 kph to your shot (if timed well) more significant than improving footwork, timing, technique, touch, serve and mental game?

The thread has been dead for over 2 years. Why else would Der_Echte hijack the thread. See if you can take a look for the date if DrPaco’s last post. I haven’t seen him in a while.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
To the OP, I put 2-4 layers of Kalin Oil on my legs to boost my footwork. It also smoothen my skin so it is totally a win win situation.

Necromancing the Booster Oil.

I generally boost my national issue socks and underwear as well. [emoji2]

Reactions: Suga D and Liten