Which Asics?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Just for those of you who didn't know: Butterfly is Asics:

Butterfly-Energy-Force-X-Table-Tennis-Shoes.jpg

Blow that image up and look at the groove that connects from that white plastic point of the non rubber shape in the center of the shoe to the outer edge of the shoe, which, on the photo of the sole of the shoe, is facing down. In that groove you should be able to read the word Asics.

Here. Here is the Asics shoe that has the same sole:

Unknown.jpeg

Last edited:
True, Carl.
The top butterfly shoes are produced by Asics, the Energy Force series, as relevant model can be found as Asics TPA 3XX and Butterfly Energy Force XX (even the tag inside tells TPA9XX).

I add tags on the pic to show the Asics model.
IMG_20160430_072059.jpg
I've been a fan of Asics TT shoes, alreday collected TPA 323, 324, 327, and looking for more in the future :)

Just for those of you who didn't know: Butterfly is Asics:

View attachment 9912
Blow that image up and look at the groove that connects from that white plastic point of the non rubber shape in the center of the shoe to the outer edge of the shoe, which, on the photo of the sole of the shoe, is facing down. In that groove you should be able to read the word Asics.

Here. Here is the Asics shoe that has the same sole:

View attachment 9913

Happy to know that you like it~

Thanks joelifigo !!
You might have a point. I looked at a few threads here and settled for Mizune Wave Drive V . was able to order it from Contra.

Thanks for the suggestions on the insoles, I have one from Dr. Scholl's . I will take it out from my current shoe and check if its still usable. If not, I will explore the options that you have suggested.

Appreciate the information you have provided.

Reactions: ttmonster
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Other than mizuno , which probably makes the best table tennis shoes, IMO and experience asics makes the best shoes, discounting the custom made shoe shops and the ones that check your arch etc. I have not tried those in person.
May i ask, why asics?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rajah*