Donic Bluefire Big Slam

This user has no status.
Donic will release a new Bluefire rubber, the Donic Bluefire Big Slam. According to the product description, the rubber has a very soft Sponge.

Donic Bluefire Big Slam.jpg

The product description (german) on my Blog

Reactions: fais and Suga D
This user has no status.
Here the english description. I translated it myself, so be kind with me :-D

Donic Bluefire Big Slam : Now it makes Bang? The great love you´ll never forget. For those who love the sound of the old glueing times and still miss it, there is now the new Bluefire Big Slam . Does the extremely soft blue sponge bring even more sound? It bangs totally! Additionally the proven grippy and spin-friendly top sheet of the Bluefire Series : a perfect combination. This rubber is not only available with a sponge thickness of 1,8mm/2,0mm or Maximum but now in addition also in 1.6 mm. This gives you even more control and your opponent takes a severe drubbing.
Donic Bluefire Big Slam , made in Germany . Sponge thickness : 1.6 / 1.8 / 2.0 / Max MRSP: € 45.90

Last edited:
Reactions: fais
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
What is the degree of the sponge?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

This user has no status.
What is the degree of the sponge?

I don´t know exactly. Compared to Bluefire M3 (according to Donic ratings)

M3
Control: 7++
Speed: 9
Spin: 10++
Hardness: Soft+

Big Slam
Control: 8 -
Speed: 9+
Spin: 10++
Hardness: Soft

So Bluefire Big Slam has a softer sponge than M3.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Donic-Bluefire-Big-Slam-Belag-und-Cover.jpgDonic-Bluefire-Big-Slam-Noppenstruktur.jpg

I reviewed the new Donic Bluefire Big Slam. If you have questions, feel free to ask ;-)

In short, this is a very controlled rubber, not sensitiv to spin. You can create a good amount of spin on the ball, but only with slow loops. The rubber is missing some power and dynamic when hitting the ball harder. Blocks are very easy to play. I think the perfect rubber on the backhand for the Allround playing style.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
It makes sense that all NEW rubbers are made for poly.

And yet, this is the same well-known, unaltered Bluefire series topsheet, just with a softer sponge.

I think you should be wary of "made for" or "optimized for" poly ball rubbers anyway.

There´s been such progress in poly ball development over the last couple years and what you can buy now is miles ahead of what was out two years ago. So would you want to play with a rubber that claimed to be "optimized for poly" two years ago?

Oh, and where it really matters everybody still uses tenergy05 (8 years old) with poly ...

This user has no status.
I reviewed the new Donic Bluefire Big Slam. If you have questions, feel free to ask ;-)

In short, this is a very controlled rubber, not sensitiv to spin. You can create a good amount of spin on the ball, but only with slow loops. The rubber is missing some power and dynamic when hitting the ball harder. Blocks are very easy to play. I think the perfect rubber on the backhand for the Allround playing style.

How would you compare it to M3 and JP03?

This user has no status.
How would you compare it to M3 and JP03?

The Big Slam is softer than the other two. It has less speed, but way better control. The throw angle is lower and less spin can be produced. If I would compare the Bluefire Big Slam with another rubber, it is the andro Rasant Beat. The Bluefire has a little bit more spin and less catapult than the Beat.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
The Big Slam is softer than the other two. It has less speed, but way better control. The throw angle is lower and less spin can be produced. If I would compare the Bluefire Big Slam with another rubber, it is the andro Rasant Beat. The Bluefire has a little bit more spin and less catapult than the Beat.

And many thanks for this. I'm really trying to avoid these super-soft topsheet ESN variants at the moment (Rasant Beat, Acuda Blue P3, Vega Europe DF etc). I was hoping for a remixed M3, with it's mega-high throw. So you've saved me some cash!

mat

This user has no status.

mat

This user has no status.
Apr 2019
Hi,

I use on blade BF Innerforce layer ALC Donic M3 on bh and on fh Donic JP03.

With M3 I am satisfied but not so with JP03 because of durability. So I am aiming for new fh 1.8 rubbers:
Donic Bluefire Big Slam
Donic Acuda Blue P3

Do you have any experience with Donic Bluefire Big Slam and Donic Acuda Blue P3?
If yes, what are specs for rubbers in terms of speed, control, spin, serve receives, durability?
Are they better than M3 or JP03 or compare with any other rubber you have expereienced - in which way?

Best regards

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 1 reviews
I have used Donic M3, JP03 and Acuda Blue P3 on an Innerforce ALC, but all in Max and on my backhand.
I have also tried Bluestorm Bigslam in 2.1 but on a different blade. I haven't tried Bluefire Bigslam.

Interestingly I found the durability on the JP03 to be the best by a long way.

I didn't get on with the Acuda Blue P3, as the top sheet was very soft and the catapult seemed to kick in at a point I couldn't get used to.

The Bluestorm Bigslam almost seems like a combination of all of the rubbers. The sponge seems most similar to JP03, the thinner top sheet makes it feel a bit softer like the Acuda Blue P3, but the top sheet grip is more like M3 on thinner contact strokes.

Last edited:

mat

This user has no status.

mat

This user has no status.
Apr 2019
How would you rate from 1 to 10 (10 is best) for:

m3:
-spin
-control
-speed
-return on serves