Croatian player loses his sh#t

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
I can vouch for your assertion , yours truly have been on both sides of the coin :p
Kind of makes you glad that in table tennis you only win a point by hitting the ball onto the table one more time than your opponent, instead of having judging for technique like ice skating or diving, doesn't it?

The beauty of the technique is less important than the effectiveness and consistency of the technique.

On a slight tangent, I can't remember how often I've "lost the warm up" to an opponent who looks like a million dollars in those two minutes compared to my own not quite standard technique, and who hits the ball past me in the warm up with terrific pace and spin, only to find that once the match starts he falls apart when I start chopping, twiddling and deceiving.

Strange but true!

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
The only thing this thread has done is after seeing the video a lot of forum members have ultimately gotten angry and lost their s#it . I wish the player in the video would have gotten really beserk and done amusing things . That would have helped prevent the thread hijack :p . And for god's sake TTFrenzy , the chopper definitely has a better technique , anybody who does not understand that popped up balls are not always put away balls is definitely not there in terms technique. Just because someones form looks better does not mean its good technique ... table tennis is about spin and its understanding not ballet or tai-chi :)

well I just like the other guys you are putting words in my mouth that i didnt said

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
Gotcha, so you're just going to argue your point forever no matter what point someone brings up, regardless of how much sense that point makes.

Because the only way you'll change your mind according to what you just wrote, is to see them play a game with no variation and the chopper still winning.

nop thats not what I said or meant, come on now ur not stupid. I didnt meant that they should play a game with the exact same placement.

u guys didnt like my comment about his technique and thats ok :) it has nothing to do with perception,personal taste or being objective.

You know shuki, I could troll you like you do forever and ever, that does not mean ur arguements or mine are valid

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
My apologies , I definitely did not want to put anything in your mouth , its considered very unhygienic in certain cultures and I strictly believe , "you should not do anything to anybody that you don't want anybody else to do to you" .. just trying to ramp up the "Lost in Translation" bit in this hijacked thread ... will it work ? lets see ... :p
well I just like the other guys you are putting words in my mouth that i didnt said

Reactions: TTFrenzy
says what [IMG]
If you can make a quality shot look like a rubbish shot, your technique is good.

Or does no on here understand the concept of hiding slightly high no-spin serves as backspin to get a pop up or straight up flick miss off the end? What about a very high, very dropping no-spin loop that looks like a high topspin loop to get them to put it into the net?

Reactions: ttmonster
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
My apologies , I definitely did not want to put anything in your mouth , its considered very unhygienic in certain cultures and I strictly believe , "you should not do anything to anybody that you don't want anybody else to do to you" .. just trying to ramp up the "Lost in Translation" bit in this hijacked thread ... will it work ? lets see ... :p

No hard feelings my friend, the whole situation is either i got misunderstood or I dont accurately express my view on technique in english. but i cannot show you via forum what I mean by quality loops/chops can I ?

I have a friend with very good chops top 80-120 ranked in Greece and he gets to my nerves everytime, because he can get the ball back no matter how good I loop, maybe I should post more videos to clarify what Im saying :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
That would be a good idea , but then I would say let the sleeping dogs lie , shall we ? :)
No hard feelings my friend, the whole situation is either i got misunderstood or I dont accurately express my view on technique in english. but i cannot show you via forum what I mean by quality loops/chops can I ?

I have a friend with very good chops top 80-120 ranked in Greece and he gets to my nerves everytime, because he can get the ball back no matter how good I loop, maybe I should post more videos to clarify what Im saying :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
nop thats not what I said or meant, come on now ur not stupid. I didnt meant that they should play a game with the exact same placement.

It is what you said, maybe not what you meant. What did you mean then when you said the only way you would change your mind is if he won without using placement.

You know shuki, I could troll you like you do forever and ever

ha.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Shuki, don't stoke the fire from mount olympus any more man, I can totally understand your feeling but thats okay. Have you seen the great matches from world championships ? Just now Li Jie with a very bad technique gave Ding Ning with a very good technique a lot of trouble for some bewildering reasons , I am still confounded :) I bet the highlights will be up in not time for you all to see ...
It is what you said, maybe not what you meant. What did you mean then when you said the only way you would change your mind is if he won without using placement.

ha.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
Shuki, don't stoke the fire from mount olympus any more man, I can totally understand your feeling but thats okay. Have you seen the great matches from world championships ? Just now Li Jie with a very bad technique gave Ding Ning with a very good technique a lot of trouble for some bewildering reasons , I am still confounded :) I bet the highlights will be up in not time for you all to see ...

let me guess TTfrenzy also claimed tha li jie had bad technique like he did in this post :D maybe we should spot the difference between those phrases

1. player A has better attacking qiualities than the player B defender qualities

2. player B defender has bad defending qualities

Check the post again , read carefully and then you can make jokes about it :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
p.s. im responsible of what I said, not what you understood

p.s.2 I admint I was a little too solid on my critique, but when I watched the video from the defenders point of view I provided accurately additional information so...maybe your technique of interpreting is worse than my technique of explaining o_O

hahhahahahaha, we could go for months if u like its fascinating !! :p

This user has no status.

I don't really think there is any misunderstanding here. Most people here clearly think that the shots that the "old" man pulls off take far more skill/technique than the looping done by the younger player. Yes, the young guy has a nice modern looping technique, but that doesn't mean it is better.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
I don't really think there is any misunderstanding here. Most people here clearly think that the shots that the "old" man pulls off take far more skill/technique than the looping done by the younger player. Yes, the young guy has a nice modern looping technique, but that doesn't mean it is better.

well it appears that shuki ttmonster and one other guy who critiqued my understanding of technique as "sad" are not most people O_O. Numbers and generalizations like "most people" can easily lead to misleading conclusions :p

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
Can't believe how much time I put into arguing on this thread. You, TTFrenzy, are a champion best of luck with future endeavours. I'm leaving this one.

I was also skeptic about this debate. Its kinda hilarious how much time we spent arguiing. time to start playing again ! :D

Last edited:
Reactions: brabhamista
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
TTFrenzy, you are wrong , I have a room full of people , we do a WAR room on every thread and take a democratic decision I just write the synopsis of our discussion as a consensus here
well it appears that shuki ttmonster and one other guy who critiqued my understanding of technique as "sad" are not most people O_O. Numbers and generalizations like "most people" can easily lead to misleading conclusions :p