Best blade to pair with Mx-p?

Best blade to pair with MX-P?

Hi,

Im wondering what the best blade is to pair with MX-P?
What have you paired it with (blade), those that play or have played with MX-P?

Right now im trying the Donic Appelgren World Champion 89 and it feels quite good.
Im thinking of trying mx-p with the spirit later but im giving this combo a chance first.
It feels alot faster then tenergy05!

Overall really good rubber and blade! Perfect balance between control, speed, spin.
Haven't got used to it to 100% since i've only played with it a short time.
IMG_20160227_152447.jpgIMG_20160301_123041.jpgIMG_20160301_123028.jpg

Last edited:
I never understand these questions... any good rubber pairs well with any good blade.

1. What have you paired it with (blade), those that play or have played with MX-P?

2. Let me refrase this one. (Im wondering what the best blade is to pair with MX-P?)
What is the best blade according to you to pair with the MX-P?

Better?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Feb 2016
1. What have you paired it with (blade), those that play or have played with MX-P?

2. Let me refrase this one. (Im wondering what the best blade is to pair with MX-P?)

Better?

viscaria

Reactions: Paccheco
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews

Better?

That would be like asking me what my favorite blade is. I have used it on Yasaka Sweden Extra, Innerforce ZLC, Xiom Offensive S, Double Day Loop King and Nexy Olam. I liked it on all of them as I like all the blades.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
That would be like asking me what my favorite blade is. I have used it on Yasaka Sweden Extra, Innerforce ZLC, Xiom Offensive S, Double Day Loop King and Nexy Olam. I liked it on all of them as I like all the blades.

Ok, in my opinion different blades fit differently good with various rubbers. Even if i like for example, spirit or innerforce zlc with hurricane 3 i know for a fact that the innerforce zlc with the mx-p would be way to fast. That's why i want to know what others have played, tried it with. Quite a simple question in my opinion.
The purpose with the question is to see what kind combo (blade + mxp) others had. Maybe someone tried something awesome that might be worth trying.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Ok, in my opinion different blades fit differently good with various rubbers. Even if i like for example, spirit or innerforce zlc with hurricane 3 i know for a fact that the innerforce zlc with the mx-p would be way to fast. That's why i want to know what others have played, tried it with. Quite a simple question in my opinion.
The purpose with the question is to see what kind combo (blade + mxp) others had. Maybe someone tried something awesome that might be worth trying.

But that's my point exactly. Fast and slow are mostly in your hands given your playing style and stroke technique/quality. I can play MX-P on Innerforce easily, though I prefer T05.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I've gotta say, I am right with NextLevel on what he is saying. I think asking for a best blade, is not any different than asking for a best blade to go with MX-P.

There is no such thing as a best blade. This is subjective stuff and what you feel is the best blade now, a year from now, as your technique develops, may not feel like the best blade anymore. And something else might.

Also, a good rubber like MX-P will work well with a very large number of blades. I tried it on a Schlager Carbon and it felt great. I have tried it on a Stiga Allround Evolution. It felt great on that blade too. Those blades are complete opposites. But the rubber worked exceptionally well on both.

There really is no such thing as best when it comes to blades. It is possible to say that Tenergy 05 and MX-P are better than most offensive rubbers for offensive play. But that does not mean either rubber will be good for you, even if you are an offensive player!

But with blades, there are all sorts of different kinds of blades and one blade may be useful for a certain kind of play.

Here is an example: TB ALC and Viscaria: because of the hardness of the Koto outer ply combined with the softness of the Arylate in the ALC layer this combination makes the blade fast enough for the kind of speed some need in the offensive game while maintaining enough dwell time for the spin and control that would make the power and speed of that offensive game more effective.

Does that make any of the ALC blades I am describing "the BEST"???? No!!!!!

There will always be a large range of blades that would be good for any particular player.

And there are various issues that would need to be considered before you can find a range of blades or a range of rubbers that would be useful for any particular player.

MOST IMPORTANT OF THESE is the level, skills and manner of play of the specific individual.

The term best, when applied to blades or rubbers, or MX-P with a "Best" blade combo, is more about how our mind and our emotions would like things to work. But table tennis equipment works differently than that.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

Last edited:
says Visited my own profile, woop woop. ;)
says Visited my own profile, woop woop. ;)
Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
But if you want specific "best blade" recommendations for your type of play (like Carl said) I think you must specify what you want in a blade compared with a blade you and others know... I think the smartest thing is to get really comfortable with a pretty popular blade, then try to explain the things you might want to change , harder, faster, softer, more direct, more dwell, more control and so on. Not just think it's perfect, because, it rarely is, but it's simple to think it is, because it might be greater than you've tried before it. (when going from Silver Line - Hurricane Hao III I understood that)
And then see what the smartest recommendations are. But that will also be based on their perception of the blades.
Viscaria sounds like a great start because everyone knows it, and it's pretty stable, although I have zero experience with it.

But you already have Donic Appelgren World Champion 89, so can't you try to find out, what you want to change from that and find out who here on the forum that has experience with it? and what they think? if not I'd go for Viscaria.
But that's just my thoughts around it, personally I'd recomend Hurricane Hao III, if you like the same as me. :p