Gambler DJ Fly

This user has no status.
Has anybody tried the new Gambler DJ Fly yet? It's supposed to be a lighter, faster Clipper clone. My main blade (729 Bomb) de-laminated and I cracked my backup blade this weekend when I hit the table mid game. My coach recommended the Clipper for my game but I don't have quite the money to spend on one at the moment, just trying to find a somewhat less expensive blade that's comparable. Thanks!

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Crisper doesn't really mean faster, it is an expression of the feel of a certain impact. Yet, DEF and ALL class blades will rarely feel crisp.

For the benefit of forum members, a few quick explanations of a few terms related to blades...

Fast = Velocity, like high velocity, most people consider it top end velocity, although many blades play at different velocity with different strength of impact

Quick = Ball leaves bat in less time = less dwell

Crisp = A sharp higher pitch vibration (=less vibration) and a solid feel on well struck balls

Dwell = How long the ball seems to stay in contact with rubber (blade softness and vibration affect this)

Vibrates like an EARTHQUAKE = many Stiga blades (Cough OFF classic Cough) but some players like that.

I would say what do you have to lose? I wouldn't expect a blade in the 10s and 20s dollar range to last very long anyway, but for the record, all the blades I ever bought for Cole have survived... and I am utter hell on blades.

Of course the Genote O isn't the exact same construction made by the exact same person in the exact same factory, but it is in a similar playing range as the blade you mentioned.

The Genote O I got from Cole is still intact as my clipper clone experiment aftermath testing never ruined it.

Blades have playing ranges depending on the kind of impact you give. Some blades have a narrow playing range, and some have a wide range, like NEXY blades (Think Dual Impact)

I think the Genote O is suitable for what you are trying to do. (Play an offensive game built on loopdrives, drives, smashes and an opening topspin. Block solid with firm grip and soft with loose.) The blade's weight and balance are not that bad in stock form and with grip tape and a heavier rubber, it will block and attack solid.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
If the blade construction uses thin outer veneers, it would be a good idea in general. Even if it doesn't, a couple of light coats isn't gunna hurt.

The Genote O won't play exactly like the Clipper, but it is the same category. I think you will like it within a month if not right away.

This user has no status.
Got the GenO today, sealed it with Minwax PU and threw 08XP on BH and 999/Lemon on FH and had a knock at the Rec Center. Though I didn't play against an opponent I worked on developing strokes and hitting balls from mid distance. Holy. Freaking. Stability. It made me feel ridiculously confident in my contact and the handle is perfect sized for my flipper hands. Thanks for the recommendation!

Reactions: Suga D