Need a new backhand rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
im looking for a new rubber for my bh. i currently use tibhar nimbus soft 2mm on bh and evolution FX-P 2mm on my forehand. these are soft rubbes as my trainer suggests that i use soft rubbers. Why I am wanting to change rubber is becouse that i think that the rubber is too slow becouse when i try and put on a low arc on the ball it goes in the net. another reason is that sometimes it feels like the ball sits on the rubber for too long when im looping on the bh and it just follow my swing and flies out. I have tried the FX-P on bh and it felt better, theres was more spin and there was more power so i got way more balls on the table.the FX-P just feels better than the nimbus soft on the bh. my bh strokes are blocks, FZD stylish flick, counter attack and loop but with a lot more brush on the ball. I am thinking of buying the MX-P on the BH after the reviews i have read and as my trainer said that if i would have gotten tenergy on my bh it should either be T64fx or 05. so i have heard that MX-P is quite alike 05. if not MX-P then i am thinking of buying FX-P in 2,2 mm instead. I would love to get some feedback. THANKS!:D

This user has no status.
Seems more a tecnique issue than rubbers to me. If your standart BH are like flicks, maybe thats the problem. You make the this same stroke when hit off-the-bounce drive and loop, loop drive? If yes, of course it will be inconsistent. Grippier and faster rubbers may hide that, but sooner or later this will be an issue again. Better be consistent than stylish :eek: Also, while using more wrist adds power/spin, so does hinder you control.

-

But if not and nothing i said applies, id say Vega Europe. Not that fast, not that bouncy, medium throw and very grippy. It is very easy to use, a more controllable Rakza 7 Soft.
Similar rubbers to it that ive tested are Rakza 7 Soft(Bouncier), 64 fx (poor durability) , Omega IV Europe (longer throw) , Fastarc S-1 ( Feels softer, much faster) , Acuda S3 (longer and lower throw).

Reactions: Nicky Franck
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I am pretty sure MX-P is a bad idea for your backhand. It is pretty darn hard. And it really is not like T05. It is close to as good as T05. But it plays nothing like T05. But the most important issue is, MX-P is a pretty hard rubber. It is too hard for most people's BH. So if your coach wants you to use a soft rubber, MX-P is definitely not the right rubber.

But FX-P is soft and it sounds like FX-P already is a good fit for your backhand. No need to look farther.

Get FX-P for your backhand.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

This user has no status.
Hmm...you can try Donic Baracuda. It's good. Fast enough for you and spinny as hell. Baracuda is also good for brushing because it's grippy and with the plastic being annoying as it is, you should try this one out. People said that this rubber is a baby T05.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
I am pretty sure MX-P is a bad idea for your backhand. It is pretty darn hard. And it really is not like T05. It is close to as good as T05. But it plays nothing like T05. But the most important issue is, MX-P is a pretty hard rubber. It is too hard for most people's BH. So if your coach wants you to use a soft rubber, MX-P is definitely not the right rubber.

But FX-P is soft and it sounds like FX-P already is a good fit for your backhand. No need to look farther.

Get FX-P for your backhand.

thanks alot! i really apreciate u guys replying to my post:eek: and alright i think i will go for another sheet of FX-P but in 2,2mm for my bh now:D thanks alot again. btw why is that that pro or more skilled players tend to use hard rubber? is it because its faster?

This user has no status.
thanks alot! i really apreciate u guys replying to my post:eek: and alright i think i will go for another sheet of FX-P but in 2,2mm for my bh now:D thanks alot again. btw why is that that pro or more skilled players tend to use hard rubber? is it because its faster?

They hit harder than us so softer rubber will bottom out easily and they can't have that, I think. :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
Hmm...you can try Donic Baracuda. It's good. Fast enough for you and spinny as hell. Baracuda is also good for brushing because it's grippy and with the plastic being annoying as it is, you should try this one out. People said that this rubber is a baby T05.
yes thank you for your suggestion but i do think that i will go for the FX-P

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
No problem. Take one which is comfortable for you :D
Evolution series tend to shrink after a while though. Just a head up.
yes i did notice that on my fh FX-P that it shrunk from the top but im pretty sure that that is the gluing job accidentally having stretched the rubber while putting it on

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I will trip up Carl's assessment and say MX-P on the BH of Carl's blade when I took a short test was almost unstopable good.

You can't trip me up. Your backhand has seriously good impact. Your coach isn't telling you to use softer rubbers. I am also using MX-P on my BH which is why you tried it there. Hahaha.

But you have to have the impact power to get value out of MX-P. Without the impact power, MX-P is kind of a waste of time using.

And yes, the reason a lot of higher level players use harder rubbers is because they have the strength and the power on impact to get the rubber to perform at a higher level.

And I know plenty of guys in the 2500 range who use soft rubbers. And as you are developing, a soft rubber helps you learn how to get the ball to sink into the topsheet more fully so that your looping technique improves faster. So there is most likely a reason your coach wants you to use softer rubbers. And MX-P is definitely not soft.

Reactions: Ilia Minkin
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
You can't trip me up. Your backhand has seriously good impact. Your coach isn't telling you to use softer rubbers. I am also using MX-P on my BH which is why you tried it there. Hahaha.

But you have to have the impact power to get value out of MX-P. Without the impact power, MX-P is kind of a waste of time using.

And yes, the reason a lot of higher level players use harder rubbers is because they have the strength and the power on impact to get the rubber to perform at a higher level.

And I know plenty of guys in the 2500 range who use soft rubbers. And as you are developing, a soft rubber helps you learn how to get the ball to sink into the topsheet more fully so that your looping technique improves faster. So there is most likely a reason your coach wants you to use softer rubbers. And MX-P is definitely not soft.

Ok cool.
Wait, you guys know eachother?