The Pro's Equipment - Discussion!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
Anybody knows what Zhu Yi currently uses? I got addicted to watching Chinese table tennis and Zhu Yi amazes me with his technique. I wonder what equipment does he use? It's definitely H3 blue sponge FH, but BH is questionable...
The blade is likely Viscaria clone from Yinhe or Viscaria itself with Yinhe handle.

Thanks for posting. I like the channel. Nice fights there. I enjoy it even without understanding who plays against whom.

Anybody knows what Zhu Yi currently uses? I got addicted to watching Chinese table tennis and Zhu Yi amazes me with his technique. I wonder what equipment does he use? It's definitely H3 blue sponge FH, but BH is questionable...
The blade is likely Viscaria clone from Yinhe or Viscaria itself with Yinhe handle.

I didn't know him but what a marvellous technique has this man.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews

Zhu Yi is a Yinhe sponsored athlete. So I guess he’s using one of the top Yinhe blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022

According to Yinhe marketing materials, the Yinhe Pro 01 is the signature blade of Zhu Yi. And yes, it is a Viscaria clone, although it's a thinner, toned down, and more controlled version of the Yinhe V-14 Pro which is another of their Viscaria clones.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Apparently Mattias Falck is playing with a Falck Carbon, Rakza PO (FH) and a Rakza X on his BH
That piece of info is also available on Yasaka's website which confirms your opinion

Pro's change their equipment quite a bit (Yes Timo Boll, I am talking you and your blade). Adrianna Diaz has also changed her blade quite a bit recently. I like to go to the official equipment website to find out the answer but in some of those cases, the answers there are still out of date.

On a side topic, I feel that Falk's backhand is good. But it just looks underpowered compared to other top pro's. I cannot help but feel that it is his equipment that is underpowered. I know he asked for a faster blade than Ma Lin soft carbon so Yasaka developed Falk carbon and charged a lot more money than Ma Lin soft carbon on their site. Falks's fundamental and everything look good (like all top players) but observing his match, I just cannot feel if Yasaka X max sponge (I assume he uses max sponge) plus Falk carbon is too slow for him. Maybe he likes the control? I feel that he should be able to finish a few points with his smooth backhand stroke but he ended up getting into a rally that became 50/50 as in who would win that point.

Don't get me wrong. I love Yasaka products. I am using Rakza 7 soft. Mark V was all the rage during speed glue area. I am a strong believer that amateurs like us should not bother too much with pro's products which are too fast anyway. I had Nittaku Acoustic carbon (outer carbon) with Tenergy 05 Fx on the FH side and Tenergy 64 Fx on the BH side. It was a nightmare to use for me. Every ball bounced off like a bullet. I could not get any spin or feel from the blade. Now I switched the rubber to Hurricane on the FH side and Xiom Vega Europe on the BH side, the blade becomes quite enjoyable.

However, looking at a couple matches, I cannot help but think if Falk would benefit from having, say, Tenergy 05 or Dignics 05 or Revolution MX-P on the backhand side.

That piece of info is also available on Yasaka's website which confirms your opinion

Pro's change their equipment quite a bit (Yes Timo Boll, I am talking you and your blade). Adrianna Diaz has also changed her blade quite a bit recently. I like to go to the official equipment website to find out the answer but in some of those cases, the answers there are still out of date.

On a side topic, I feel that Falk's backhand is good. But it just looks underpowered compared to other top pro's. I cannot help but feel that it is his equipment that is underpowered. I know he asked for a faster blade than Ma Lin soft carbon so Yasaka developed Falk carbon and charged a lot more money than Ma Lin soft carbon on their site. Falks's fundamental and everything look good (like all top players) but observing his match, I just cannot feel if Yasaka X max sponge (I assume he uses max sponge) plus Falk carbon is too slow for him. Maybe he likes the control? I feel that he should be able to finish a few points with his smooth backhand stroke but he ended up getting into a rally that became 50/50 as in who would win that point.

Don't get me wrong. I love Yasaka products. I am using Rakza 7 soft. Mark V was all the rage during speed glue area. I am a strong believer that amateurs like us should not bother too much with pro's products which are too fast anyway. I had Nittaku Acoustic carbon (outer carbon) with Tenergy 05 Fx on the FH side and Tenergy 64 Fx on the BH side. It was a nightmare to use for me. Every ball bounced off like a bullet. I could not get any spin or feel from the blade. Now I switched the rubber to Hurricane on the FH side and Xiom Vega Europe on the BH side, the blade becomes quite enjoyable.

However, looking at a couple matches, I cannot help but think if Falk would benefit from having, say, Tenergy 05 or Dignics 05 or Revolution MX-P on the backhand side.
I got the message through their FB page.

Reactions: JJ Ng
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews

Maybe. The thing is that he has short pips on his forehand and in my experience, most pips players don't use powerful or fast looping blades.

Last edited:
says Feel the ball first.
says Feel the ball first.
Oct 2022
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
True especially interesting because several more european sources claim he play with K3.
Probably because K2 is not really available around europe...
I feel like I've seen photos of his racket with K3 on it before, he may just be switching between the two. Also I don't think sourcing rubbers is as much a problem to anyone in the wr 100 as it is to us more mortals, after all he is using MXP Infinity which is not even publicly available yet to my knowledge

Reactions: Fedex78
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
when will victas release V15 sticky... Koki niwa has been on it for years and now Duda is using it too
Ever since I'd heard of Koki using V15 sticky, I wanted to use it immediately. An upgrade from V15 extra, where it's too soft for me. Now the hardness of it is most important, is it still 47.5 or 50+.

Reactions: mikeytt