The Pro's Equipment - Discussion!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
Shi.jpgShibaev2.jpgShibaev3.jpgShibaev4.jpgShibaev5.jpgShibaev6.jpgViscariaNM.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Does anyone has any idea what Truls's Moregard equipment is? Just "discovered" him during the recent WJTTC and I really love the variety of his game - blocks and combinations. Still he has tens of miles to walk, but for sure a young player to watch.

Carbonado 290 blade and Mantra H rubbers.

On several occasions I have noticed that Stiga players are supplied with standard rubbers, straight out of the bag.
While I count first league players with Stiga contracts among my friends, I can´t guarantee this goes for the top of the range as well.

But while even lower league players get access to Select ESN rubbers from their suppliers, with Stiga this seems to be a different story.

Reactions: phorkyas
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Carbonado 290 blade and Mantra H rubbers.
On several occasions I have noticed that Stiga players are supplied with standard rubbers, straight out of the bag.

Thanks! I wonder what is your experience? Does the selected ones and "straight out of the bag" rubbers differ significantly?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Thanks! I wonder what is your experience? Does the selected ones and "straight out of the bag" rubbers differ significantly?

Oh yes. But the way I see it, their greatest advantage lies in their reliability.

As you would imagine, since pros change their rubbers quite often it is important that they get consistent quality and performance.

It is crucial that the variations of a normal production process are ruled out.

For you and me, if we buy a 2.0 mm rubber and after some months buy the "same", you might find one is 1.96 and one is 2.02. It´s no drama for us. But some professionals need "the same" rubber every few days at the most, and it´d better be the same.

So for me it´s not the pre-tuning of these rubbers, it´s their quality. In fact, I´ve played with pro rackets that were significantly slower than some of my own, and there are rubbers on the market that are faster and bouncier than the selected ones.

As a sidenote, you could play high class table tennis with many of the modern tensor rubbers as they come, and many people do exactly that, so there is no real need to strive for pro material on a basic level.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
For you and me, if we buy a 2.0 mm rubber and after some months buy the "same", you might find one is 1.96 and one is 2.02. It´s no drama for us. But some professionals need "the same" rubber every few days at the most, and it´d better be the same.

Interesting. I was betting it's more about the quality of the rubbers or sponges or ... yeah the tuning itself. Never had any experience how it is to play fresh rubber every few days ... ; )

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
How does boosted brand new sheet of mx-p and mx-s play? Is mx-p really fast boosted?What abour control and spin?
View attachment 11149View attachment 11150View attachment 11151View attachment 11152

This was the blade, that Samsonov gave to the racket control, really hard to identify for sure.
Both rubbers seem to be boosted, because I use MX-P and I boost it also, notmally it looks different.
The blade handle is unknown to me, this colour setup is not present in the Tibhar catalogue. (2012-2016)
The upper layer of the wood looks koto, but Tibhar uses a darker shaded wood, Butterfly uses this kind of wood. If you inspect the edge of the blade, I might suspect a Viscaria, Timo Boll, ZJK ZLC, or a prototype. Head shape is also butterfly, but Tibhar uses the standard Butterfly head shape.

Hope someone can figure out...

Also the list of the used equipment of almost 200 ETTC 2016 participants was leaked. I will upload it to a site.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
They are factory boosted, boost holds for about 3 weeks according to users and you can never get that feeling back, not even when you boost them yourself.

How does boosted brand new sheet of mx-p and mx-s play? Is mx-p really fast boosted?What abour control and spin?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
why is that? why cant we get the same feeling when we reboost?
They are factory boosted, boost holds for about 3 weeks according to users and you can never get that feeling back, not even when you boost them yourself.