The Pro's Equipment - Discussion!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
FZD blade taken at racket control from the CTTSL.

forum.php

forum.php

Source: www.sunds.org

Hello Giangt,

FZD is using Viscaria with STIGA Handle, but these two pictures are not his blade.
This blade is "made" by one of FZD fans in China.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
Now I must admit, I really don't understand this kind of thing.

I doubt FZD is making any more from Stiga than he would in the long run from Butterfly. He is using Butterfly rubber on his backhand too. By using Stiga he seems to be ensuring that he will not be using anything from his sponsor except for their money.

But why do you think that it is up to FZD to choose the sponsor? Something tells me that in countries like China, senior team management are in charge of subtle political issues like sponsorship of a CNT level player, but not players themself.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
But why do you think that it is up to FZD to choose the sponsor? Something tells that in countries like China, senior team management are in charge of subtle political issues like sponsorship of a CNT level player, but not players themself.

You may be right. I am not sure how things really work. But even if other people from the CNT are deciding something like that, to me, it looks pretty unintelligent and unprofessional to have a guy playing with a Butterfly racket with a Stiga handle and to have Stiga saying he is playing with rubbers and a blade that he is not using. I am not sure anyone looks good as a result of it. And if there is any political reasoning behind messing with Stiga, Butterfly and FZD all at the same time, and making all of them look bad, then I can't figure out what that might be. I would say, regardless of who made the decision, it shows a little bit of a lack of foresight.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
And if there is any political reasoning behind messing with Stiga, Butterfly and FZD all at the same time, and making all of them look bad, then I can't figure out what that might be. I would say, regardless of who made the decision, it shows a little bit of a lack of foresight.

Politics is often irrational. And in Southeast Asia it has its own flavour :)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Politics is often irrational. And in Southeast Asia it has its own flavour :)

I do think you have a point. FZD was only 16 when he was sponsored by Stiga. Probably someone else made that decision for him. How strange.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Now I must admit, I really don't understand this kind of thing.

I doubt FZD is making any more from Stiga than he would in the long run from Butterfly. He is using Butterfly rubber on his backhand too. By using Stiga he seems to be ensuring that he will not be using anything from his sponsor except for their money.

Now, I do understand why Wang Liqin used a Stiga Clipper with a DHS handle (National Pride and promotion of a good company from China). But why would FZD use Stiga as a sponsor, not use their blades, not use their rubbers and ensure that he is deceiving his fans when he does advertisements that say he is using a blade he definitely is not using?

He seems to be hurting his own image and the trust of his fans by doing this. And I can't imagine he is gaining more than he would if he took sponsorship from a company whose products he actually uses.

But I also can't fathom why ZJK has so many blades with his name on it and doesn't use any of them. Why wouldn't he get Butterfly to just make him exactly what he wants?

Why wouldn't FZD get Stiga to make him exactly what he wants?

To me this is both foolishness and a mystery.

Sent from my MysteryPhone using HoaxTalk

Luv ur phone description on this post... but at the end of the day, we should look for hte good stuff.

We all know what certified TTD member Abe Gold uses to go to battle each month and have seen the pics, been there, done that, and own the T-Shirt. He doesn't hide anything and is free to take whatever big money offer comes hiz way.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2015
Hi

does someone know how much mm Ma Long, Zhang Jike and Fan Zhendong are using on their Hurricane 3 ?
And same for the Tenergy 05 of Xu Xin and Fan Zhendong please.

Thanks

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2014
Read 2 reviews
Nice find! What is Jun Mizutani's twitter?
It's just @Mizutani__Jun --> https://twitter.com/Mizutani__Jun
In the post, It seems that he thanks his fans, Kenji (Matsudaira?) for being his practise partner and... his racket which was worn out but last till the end
smiley-laughing002.gif
I don't know if his super duper level during the Austrian Open was partly due to his "new combo" (he used the old JM ZLC too) but I hope he can maintain it. It will be a treat for us spectators.

Reactions: Dan and Ilia Minkin

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
It's just @Mizutani__Jun --> https://twitter.com/Mizutani__Jun
In the post, It seems that he thanks his fans, Kenji (Matsudaira?) for being his practise partner and... his racket which was worn out but last till the end
smiley-laughing002.gif
I don't know if his super duper level during the Austrian Open was partly due to his "new combo" (he used the old JM ZLC too) but I hope he can maintain it. It will be a treat for us spectators.

Great find, I had no idea Jun was on Twitter! Twitter must be popular in Japan! And yh I hope he can to, makes events so much more interesting and exciting to watch!

Reactions: Anders
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2014
Read 2 reviews
Great find, I had no idea Jun was on Twitter! Twitter must be popular in Japan! And yh I hope he can to, makes events so much more interesting and exciting to watch!
Yeah, unlike CNT, almost all the players of JNT are on twitter. I even saw a retweet of a TTD tweet by a japanese player. I think it was Miyu Kato so maybe she is a follower of TTD on twitter.
Maybe a lead for a future interview or "ask your questions" even if the language barrier may make it difficult. :)

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Yeah, unlike CNT, almost all the players of JNT are on twitter. I even saw a retweet of a TTD tweet by a japanese player. I think it was Miyu Kato so maybe she is a follower of TTD on twitter.
Maybe a lead for a future interview or "ask your questions" even if the language barrier may make it difficult. :)

Wow that is really cool! We definitely could definitely try this, I would love to get the Japanese on board :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2015
Read 1 reviews
Greetings,

A database of blades, including side views, would enable anyone to compare a player's blade and identify what blade they're actually using. The plies would give the definitive answer - regardless of the handle.

The conundrum about sponsorship is certainly perplexing.

Perhaps clothing is the main aspect for some, whilst the manufacturers may have a "gentleman's agreement" on equipment: whoever's handle (brand/logo) is on the blade gets the PR benefit!? It's also possible that a player may be more comfortable with a particular handle rather than the one that comes on the blade - like handguns, no matter how well engineered are the internals, if the grip isn't right for you...

Kindest regards,

James

Last edited: