The Pro's Equipment - Discussion!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
At the Xiamen there was taken pictures of blades from the CNT.

This should be FZD's blade it is difficult to see the dark plies that the Infinity VPS V has. Judge for yourself.

151619f2jhxsk2u3x66yke.jpg

Source: www.sunds.org

I you would like to discuss if FZD is using the Stiga Infinity or not you can to this thread.

FZD is not using Infinity VPS?!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2014
Read 2 reviews
In the Butterfly Japan site that I mentioned some posts above (http://www.butterfly.co.jp/players/all/), they clearly said that some of their players use custom baldes while they could say the name of the blade "which match the handle". For example, for ZJK they don't say he uses a Viscaria but a custom blade with ALC. Same for Michael Maze, Marcos Freitas... On the other hand, it's TB ALC for Timo Boll, JM ZLC for Jun Mizutani. I find it quite honest.
Well, the point of that is maybe (surely ?) FZD uses a custom blade that Stiga made for him with an Infinity handle ?

Reactions: phorkyas
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Pro's Equipment 2015 Update

Well, the point of that is maybe (surely ?) FZD uses a custom blade that Stiga made for him with an Infinity handle ?

Well, sadly, as a result of some information from some people who know him, it seems that there may be some inside information that the photo of the Viscaria with the Infinity handle is not a fake and that FZD really does use a Viscaria with an Infinity handle.

I don't know personally. But all the evidence seems to point in that direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
I believe i did mention quite number of times. There are many way of sponsors, which I believe for TT, it is sponsored to be spoke person instead of equipment sponsor.

Anyway, all those ZJK blade or LSW blade, you can assume it as butterfly sponsor them and they provide the right for butterfly to use their name for marketing purpose.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I believe i did mention quite number of times. There are many way of sponsors, which I believe for TT, it is sponsored to be spoke person instead of equipment sponsor.

Anyway, all those ZJK blade or LSW blade, you can assume it as butterfly sponsor them and they provide the right for butterfly to use their name for marketing purpose.

What kind of spokes person is he if he is using a Butterfly blade? The message that seems to send is that Butterfly is so much better than Stiga that he doesn't use their equipment even though they pay him to and could make him anything he wanted.

Truthfully, if I was FZD I would never want to send that message. And if I was Stiga I would not really want to sponsor a player who is using a blade from a different company with a Stiga handle.

This user has no status.
I only concern about Ma Long and Fang Bo blades, they are same DHS HL 5 but custom?

So, only the handle and weight will be the difference? I don't care to see the exact blade of those players to buy, but at least same model or brand, i am still torn between HL3 or HL5, sounds HL5 is more vote from many i asked locally as they even don't know much or didn't hear about HL3.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

1)
Name : Ma Long
Blade : DHS w997
Fh : DHS Hurricane 3
Bh : DHS Hurricane 3 #60 sponge orange

I only concern about Ma Long and Fang Bo blades, they are same DHS HL 5 but custom?

So, only the handle and weight will be the difference? I don't care to see the exact blade of those players to buy, but at least same model or brand, i am still torn between HL3 or HL5, sounds HL5 is more vote from many i asked locally as they even don't know much or didn't hear about HL3.

At WTTC in April/May Fang Bo was using DHS w968 which is an older version of the DHS Hurricane Long 5: http://ttnpp.com/store/home/721-dhs-w968-hurricane-long-v-5-national-7.html

And it seems that Ma Long is using DHS w997 which is a more recent version of the DHS Hurricane Long 5: http://ttnpp.com/store/home/743-dhs-w997-hurricane-long-v-5-national-long-v-handle-7.html

That is at least the last blade where you can verify exactly what Ma Long was using.

I believe both are ALC blades. But I got this info from Giangt. He is the guy with the real info.

Last edited:
Reactions: phamster
This user has no status.
At WTTC in April/May Fang Bo was using DHS w968 which is an older version of the DHS Hurricane Long 5: http://ttnpp.com/store/home/721-dhs-w968-hurricane-long-v-5-national-7.html

And it seems that Ma Long is using DHS w997 which is a more recent version of the DHS Hurricane Long 5: http://ttnpp.com/store/home/743-dhs-w997-hurricane-long-v-5-national-long-v-handle-7.html

That is at least the last blade where you can verify exactly what Ma Long was using.

I believe both are ALC blades. But I got this info from Giangt. He is the guy with the real info.

Ok.

I thought that Long 5 have Aromatic carbon [aromatic carbon / Kevlar Carbon], not sure if this is same as ALC carbon.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2012
Read 1 reviews
I understand that there is an absence of evidence either way but, at the moment (& looking at his games), I don't buy that FZD uses Viscaria & not Infinity.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews

Sent from my hotdog using Tapatalk

The W968 Ma Long he used approx. more than a year ago was with the black handle with yellow/grey stripe. I think similar characteristics and composition are used for mass production of the Hurricane Long 5.

Then Ma Long got the W997 which is similar composition, but lighter and thicker. This blade have more flex than W968 and have the same as HL3

At Suzhou Fang Bo shows up with the W968 with the same handle as HL3. I have heard from my source that the new W968 have been optimized and the difference is that it is lighter and thicker than the W997.

Ok.

I thought that Long 5 have Aromatic carbon [aromatic carbon / Kevlar Carbon], not sure if this is same as ALC carbon.
It is ALC composite which they use. Arylate comes in different colors. Butterfly just have their blue.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I understand that there is an absence of evidence either way but, at the moment (& looking at his games), I don't buy that FZD uses Viscaria & not Infinity.

Well, actually, when someone says they have a friend who is close to him and who knows he is using a Viscaria, and there is a photo of him holding a Viscaria that has an Infinity handle, that says something.

However, closeup photos of the blade bat give a decent look from the side at the plies shot that it is DEFINITELY NOT a Stiga Infinity. Whatever blade it is, regardless of what company made the blade, IT IS NOT AN INFINITY.

Have a close look at the plies. Blow it up and compare it to an infinity. Totally different ply construction.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
FZD blade taken at racket control from the CTTSL.

forum.php

forum.php

Source: www.sunds.org

By the way, if you blow up the second photo where you can see the plies from the bottom, there are a few things that stand out under close analysis:

1) the darker ply is way to thin to be the darker ply of an Infinity.

2) Between the darker ply and the thick core ply there is another ply that is thin and lighter wood color.

3) That means the blade has 7 plies. The Infinity has 5 plies.

So it can't be an Infinity.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2012
Read 1 reviews
Well, actually, when someone says they have a friend who is close to him and who knows he is using a Viscaria,

Before I believe this, Carl, I'd like to see close-up photos of a Viscaria-like blade in FZD's hand while playing a match. Given so many full-HD matches out there, I'm sure a TT enthusiast / FZD fan should be able to pull something up for us.

Also, is there recent proof that ZJK uses T64?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

Before I believe this, Carl, I'd like to see close-up photos of a Viscaria-like blade in FZD's hand while playing a match. Given so many full-HD matches out there, I'm sure a TT enthusiast / FZD fan should be able to pull something up for us.

Also, is there recent proof that ZJK uses T64?

Well, I think what I showed above is that FZD is alsolutely not using a 5 ply blade or an Infinity. I don't think you can prove to someone who doesn't want to believe that something is the case. My suggestion to you is to go to a match FZD is playing, and when it is over take his racket and pull the rubber off. I think that would be the only proof you would accept anyway.

But, based on the photo above, you cannot deny that he is using a 7 ply blade and the darker ply is not thick enough to be the darker ply of an Infinity. I am not sure what blade FZD is using but it is not an Infinity. That is all I can say for sure.

And there are many photos that show FZD is using a 7 ply blade.

As far as ZJK, he may actually be using T05 on his backhand. But I don't know that for sure. There were photos of him with 05 packages in his case but that does not prove anything and there were photos of rubbers that say his name in Chinese and the red one looks like it says T05, but it still doesn't prove anything. But it is possible that ZJK is using T05.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
My suggestion to you is to go to a match FZD is playing, and when it is over take his racket and pull the rubber off. I think that would be the only proof you would accept anyway.

That is what my friend did, but you always get your non-believers
For the ones who want to believe - trust me, FZD is using Viscaria-blade with Infinity handle
This is really common knowledge in Chinese forums, but in English forums, people are forever doubting

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

That is what my friend did, but you always get your non-believers
For the ones who want to believe - trust me, FZD is using Viscaria-blade with Infinity handle
This is really common knowledge in Chinese forums, but in English forums, people are forever doubting

Thank you TTTony. Tony is who got me to realize that his insider info was probably real. So thanks for coming out and saying this yet again. I really doubted it at first. I couldn't imagine FZD would let Stiga sponsor him and use a Butterfly product with a Stiga handle when he really could get Stiga to make him whatever he wants. Or he could just take sponsorship with Butterfly. I would be they would love to have him on Butterfly.

But I know that blade from the side is definitely not an Infinity and it does look like a Viscaria. Truthfully, it makes no difference to me what you think. But I trust the photos I have seen and I trust TTTony.

Last edited: