The Pro's Equipment - Discussion!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
What is the preferred thickness for the rubbers of the EU professionals ? Does anyone have any examples where they have reliable sources ?

You could safely say that any offensive player would like to have the rubbers produced as close as possible to the maximum 4.0 mm overall thickness mark.
If tolerance for an extra layer of boosting is required, this could be problematic with "max" sponges.

It is more of a weight thing, which corresponds to thickness, but there hasn´t been a thickness indication on any professional ESN rubber I have seen in years, and they were quite a few from all of the big companies.

In that respect, there is no discussion about 1,8 mm sponges, if you thought so?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
Nittaku max sponge is 2.0
Rasanter is 2.3
Xiom and Butterfly is 2.1

Maybe Butterfly lemuria is Old spring sponge and new topsheet

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Nittaku max sponge is 2.0
Rasanter is 2.3
Xiom and Butterfly is 2.1

Well, technically "max" is the thickest that allows the complete rubber to be 4.00 mm at most. I would therefore not call a 2.0 mm a max rubber, even if is the thickest available from a company.

Butterfly for example are staying on the safe side, since tenergy rubbers normally come at 3.8 to 3.9 mm. This allows for extra boosting. So I would rather say they don´t have "max" as in "overall rubber is 4 mm", but restrict the rubbers to 2.1

With an Ultramaxx Rasanter at 2.3 mm, I am not very sure the professional version is as thick, and I don´t have reliable means to measure. With a sponge produced "to the max" there´d be little room for extra tuning.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2016
Who know what is Lin Yun Ju Blade? I think his blade is custom blade with Super Zhang Jike ZLC handle.

This user has no status.
Xue Fei racket during marvellous 12 2020

Xue Fei 2.jpg

He's using N301

Reactions: alas26 and FIXPOINT
Ma Long uses DHS Neo H3 for BH?

What happened to Tenergy?

Any reason why he uses Chinese rubber for his BH?

easier for backspin open ups
more control on short game as it is less bouncy
lesser bottoming out
more predictable response as it is more linear

Reactions: Gozo Aruna