WTTTC 2016 - Training Hall Videos

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
Hi everyone,

The World Team Championships 2016 has now come to a close. We will do our best to source all the training hall videos into one topic here. Hows this to kick start the topic?

Ma Long receiving Liu Guoliang's furious serves!

Videos are provided by ITTF and STIGA.

If you have any videos please post them below of PM the link to TableTennisDaily.

This user has no status.
All of which are hidden and highly illegal.

Nothing illegal happened :rolleyes:

Liu Guoliang was training the receiving skills of Ma Long. Do you call multiball feeding illegal as well, since the ball isn't correctly served?

I think it is quite interesting, why they decided to train like this. I only can assume, as to why. My guess is, that by hiding the serves ML would have no, or let's say less, clues about the placement and spin of the serves before the ball comes towards him. He has to watch the bounce and curvature/arch of the serve much more focused and in detail to guess the spin. This takes a lot more effort and concentration. By this he has less time to react and he has to decide, adapt and then move much quicker.
A really nice way, to sharpen the receiving skills, if it is like I have stated.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
If you can handle liu guoliang hiding serves. You can handle any serve.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G900F met Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
If you can handle liu guoliang hiding serves. You can handle any serve.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G900F met Tapatalk

ML succeeded @ 3 out of 5 serves approximately. pretty good for hidden serves. LGL was only beatable by the chinese and the swedes (after he crushed waldner and persson several times, they finally adapted to his serves, he had like 4 straight wins against waldner before waldner finally learned how to play him)

We can see know why ITTF wanted the hidden serves to be banned.

he makes persson look like an amateur. his serves are just too unpredictable and deceptive to understand even for a world class player like jorgen