Adidas Rubbers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Hi guys,

It appears to me that Adidas is making name in the tt rubber market. I've heard and read many positive things about their rubbers. Apparently they have a soft series (R) and a harder series (P).

I'm very interested in those rubbers and I think I want to try a P3 on my FH.

Has anyone of you used Adidas rubbers and if so, were you positive about them as well? (with what blade and playing style?)

110620_ADIDAS_TENZONE_PACK_3D_P3_.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Yes they got a lot of knowledge about many things, and they have the money to buy and expand knowledge in tt rubbers, so I'm curious. I'm sure other brands will join in when they realize the potential number of buyers, especially in Asia.

Btw Dan did u add that picture? Haha.

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Yes I suppose Adidas is more funded haha, someone on another forum made the comparison between the revenue of Adidas and Stiga: 19.4 billion against 300.000 or 300 million, forgot what it was :p But it is big xD

That is interesting! Would love to know what the revenue is of places like Butterfly are...

Stiga on 300 million? i think that sounds to high... and 300.000 seems to low.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
That is interesting! Would love to know what the revenue is of places like Butterfly are...

Stiga on 300 million? i think that sounds to high... and 300.000 seems to low.

Yeah I know, but it could be Stiga Sports, which is not only table tennis. And they sell evrywhere in the world, but still I have no idea. I'm trying to look some up, but it's not all that easy to find :p

Edit: Adidas Group's net income 2010 was 567 million.
Edit: Still no idea, but Adidas should have way more to spare than the common table tennis brands :p

Last edited:

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Yeah I know, but it could be Stiga Sports, which is not only table tennis. And they sell evrywhere in the world, but still I have no idea. I'm trying to look some up, but it's not all that easy to find :p

Edit: Adidas Group's net income 2010 was 567 million.
Edit: Still no idea, but Adidas should have way more to spare than the common table tennis brands :p

Hehe definitely! Adidas are huge,, lets hope they put a lot into TT..

i forgot Stiga are a lawnmower company to :)

I like these tables :p

adidas_showcourt_boll-korbel.JPG

Photo: ADIDAS show-court table in Berlin (Photo Roscher)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I'm all for Adidas making products and putting money into the sport, but my question would be, what products do they make that are REALLY (with capitol letters) good? Their sneakers are decent. I cannot think of anything else. Michelin is part of the Cornilleau company and part of making their rubbers, but the topsheet on their rubbers does not grip. Their rubbers are good for hitting the ball but not for spinning. Lets see what a company like Adidas comes up with.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
I believe their football shoes and balls are used on pretty high levels. Anyway it's just what I heard, when I first heard about Adidas rubbers I was laughing as well, and maybe that is a logical first reaction. But the people that actually used them are mainly positive, so that sort of forces me to take it seriously, and I do. xD

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Hi

I´m playing adidas rubbers, but use the r4. This rubber is quite unique, because it has medium sponge (ca. 45°) and a realy soft topsheet.
This kombination give a realy good feeling for the ball.

All adidas rubbers are made in germany by ESN.

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
Adidas TT products has been on the market for a while now, but I am really curious if Nike will also jump into the bandwagon. Nike also produces golf equipment which was previously dominated by Ping, TaylorMade, Callaway and the likes. It really took off when they sponsored Tiger Woods. If Adidas can get at least one or two top world players to endorse them in TT, it really will be a real money "spinner" for them.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Adidas TT products has been on the market for a while now, but I am really curious if Nike will also jump into the bandwagon. Nike also produces golf equipment which was previously dominated by Ping, TaylorMade, Callaway and the likes. It really took off when they sponsored Tiger Woods. If Adidas can get at least one or two top world players to endorse them in TT, it really will be a real money "spinner" for them.

I know Adidas sponsors Li Jiao (Dutch, WR top-20) so they are into top players to promote themselves. I don't think she uses Adidas rubbers though, but I'm not sure.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2011
I'm all for Adidas making products and putting money into the sport, but my question would be, what products do they make that are REALLY (with capitol letters) good? Their sneakers are decent. I cannot think of anything else. Michelin is part of the Cornilleau company and part of making their rubbers, but the topsheet on their rubbers does not grip. Their rubbers are good for hitting the ball but not for spinning. Lets see what a company like Adidas comes up with.
That's a very good point Carl. Although I think this does show our sport is headed in the right direction (Growing!!)! YEAAAA!!! Companies see bucks behind it!

says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
Mar 2011
Read 8 reviews

I cannot agree with you saying Cornilleau rubbers does not grip the ball. I play them myself, and I love looping them! I even played Tenergy 64 before, but I find the Cornilleau rubbers to be better. What rubbers of the Cornilleau range did you try, Carl? :)