Adidas Rubbers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Agree with all of u. However I can't give u a review myself soon (might have raised some false hope:p) because I will only be back in tt by the end of 2011 I think. But when I do get back I'd like to try them out since I haven't found a rubber that I really feel good about on my FH yet. So I made the thread more out of curiosity.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I cannot agree with you saying Cornilleau rubbers does not grip the ball. I play them myself, and I love looping them! I even played Tenergy 64 before, but I find the Cornilleau rubbers to be better. What rubbers of the Cornilleau range did you try, Carl? :)

I used Cornilleau Pilot Power and Cornilleau Pilot Advance. The Advance is better than the Power but they both felt a little too bouncy for short game for me and hit looping was fine, hitting was fine, but heavy spin on a loop against underspin was not good. I could do it, but the topsheet did not grip the ball anywhere near enough, at least not for my liking. :) I had every reason to want to like them. And I love my Cornilleau Hinotec All+ blade. But the topsheet on those rubbers did not feel like it gripped enough to me.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Sorry, another analogy. I teach Yoga. Nike started making yoga mats a while ago. The yoga mats they make are slick. They look better and look more high tech than any other yoga mats. Their production came out with a finished product that is adequate, but it ooks better than all the other products. However, there are many yoga mats from small companies that do not necessarily look as good, or as cool, but that do the job they are supposed to much better. Interesting. And Nike has tons of money to pour into research and development. They only got the looks to be top notch, not the performance of their product.

But again, if Nike and Addidas and Rebock started making Table Tennis products it would only mean good things for the sport.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Sorry, another analogy. I teach Yoga. Nike started making yoga mats a while ago. The yoga mats they make are slick. They look better and look more high tech than any other yoga mats. Their production came out with a finished product that is adequate, but it ooks better than all the other products. However, there are many yoga mats from small companies that do not necessarily look as good, or as cool, but that do the job they are supposed to much better. Interesting. And Nike has tons of money to pour into research and development. They only got the looks to be top notch, not the performance of their product.

But again, if Nike and Addidas and Rebock started making Table Tennis products it would only mean good things for the sport.

I don't know how you can make cooler-looking table tennis rubbers :p

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I don't know how you can make cooler-looking table tennis rubbers :p

This is true. I am just saying that, I hope if they are making table tennis products, they are focusing on making them high quality, rather than just making money off of us. It would be nice for some companies out there to raise the bar on quality, without raising the prices. I am not sure how much better you can get than Tenergy, but if there was something comparable, that cost what Sriver costs, or Hurricane, that would be nice.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
This is true. I am just saying that, I hope if they are making table tennis products, they are focusing on making them high quality, rather than just making money off of us. It would be nice for some companies out there to raise the bar on quality, without raising the prices. I am not sure how much better you can get than Tenergy, but if there was something comparable, that cost what Sriver costs, or Hurricane, that would be nice.

100% agreed :)

says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
Mar 2011
Read 8 reviews
I used Cornilleau Pilot Power and Cornilleau Pilot Advance. The Advance is better than the Power but they both felt a little too bouncy for short game for me and hit looping was fine, hitting was fine, but heavy spin on a loop against underspin was not good. I could do it, but the topsheet did not grip the ball anywhere near enough, at least not for my liking. :) I had every reason to want to like them. And I love my Cornilleau Hinotec All+ blade. But the topsheet on those rubbers did not feel like it gripped enough to me.

I get your point Carl ;) The Pilot Advance is surely a rubber you have to adapt to in a different way, and it takes a couple of days. But when you are more used to them, I think its just as good as the Tenergy 64. Just have in mind, that if you want the Tenergy64 2.1 mm effect with the Pilot rubbers, you need to get the rubbers in 2.2 mm :)

No matter what equipment you chose to play, as long as you are happy with your game, my friend.

Sorry for my bad english, hope you guys understand :)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Remembering Butterfly's company suffer some loss from the nuclear reactor incident, I think its just normal for them to increase their price a bit.. For a while..

Didn't their price on Tenergy go up before the Nuclear disaster?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2011
Hey Guys,
We're getting a small shipment of Adidas Rubbers because, according to the users, its better than tenergy!

Adidas P5 is a bit slower but spinnier than Tenergy 05
Adidas P3 is faster than Tenergy 05, comparable to Tenergy 64
Adidas Tenzone spin/control is equal to Tenergy 05 and the springy'ness/speed makes it a bit faster than 05 as well.
The 'SF' in tenzone is equivalent to Butterfly's 'FX'

This is just our test batch for reviews, meaning we wont be carrying too much stock(especially blades). So if you want one, act now.

First time purchasers with us will receive 5% off.

To view the Adidas stuff, go to here:

http://www.mtagsports.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=MTAG&Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=preorders

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews
I cannot agree with you saying Cornilleau rubbers does not grip the ball. I play them myself, and I love looping them! I even played Tenergy 64 before, but I find the Cornilleau rubbers to be better. What rubbers of the Cornilleau range did you try, Carl? :)

Well now that depends on the stroke you are using.
Euro loops tend to hit the ball more because of the forearm play. Topsheets which are spinny MECHANICALLY (only when the sponge is activated) will be perfect for euro looping.
In the other hand, chinese loops use more power and more brush on the ball. This explains why chinese rubbers are so tacky.

However there are some euro loops which has more 'grazing' characteristics compared to hitting, the same goes to chinese loops.
Everyone's looping style is just different, therefore how they see a rubber is different too.

If all rubbers doesn't seem to be forgiving, one's technique could be the problem.
Hope that helps, if you sense any mistake, feel free to tell me :D