Training balls

Guys,
Do you have any suggestion on 40+ training balls? Our club use XiShaoFa training balls atm but we want to try other balls. I know that the best 40+ ball is Nittaku premium but with 100 of those Nittaku balls, it costs a lot.

Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Where can I buy these bty balls?

Enviado de meu D6633 usando Tapatalk

This user has no status.
Bty easy ball is just so different than all other plastic balls.. You should practice something very near like competition balls, not something different. We've tried lots of different training balls and decided to stay with Xushaofa 1* training, because they are similar to all other and it breaks not so mutch as others (it's seamless)

This user has no status.
I agree with Old School and teddie. I don't like Bty balls. Their bounce is different, much higher than any other balls. For me, the best taining balls I have played with are Xiom Tour balls, which I think are actually produced by Xushaofa. So, just stick with Xushaofa balls.
Another option should be to train with balls of the same company that provides the 3* balls for your local competition matches...

Reactions: SquareBall
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
I would stay clear of the Butterfly Easy ball, complete crap IMO and nothing like a good 40+ ball at all.

I did some bounce test with Stiga 40+ training ball and the Stiga 40+ 3 star ball and they are identical, a bit less bounce then a Xushaofa 3 star though.

Bty easy ball is just so different than all other plastic balls.. You should practice something very near like competition balls, not something different. We've tried lots of different training balls and decided to stay with Xushaofa 1* training, because they are similar to all other and it breaks not so mutch as others (it's seamless)

I'm not sure about this. Did you actually ever play with the G40+ or the NP40+?
The XSF isn't used competitive around here, because of its crayzayyyyy bounce ;)

I agree with Old School and teddie. I don't like Bty balls. Their bounce is different, much higher than any other balls. For me, the best taining balls I have played with are Xiom Tour balls, which I think are actually produced by Xushaofa. So, just stick with Xushaofa balls.
Another option should be to train with balls of the same company that provides the 3* balls for your local competition matches...

Sorry guys, but i totally disagree with all you three.
IMHO the Adham-Sharara-memorial-Ball or how you call it the XSF disqualifies cause it is absolutely not comparable since its bounce is waaay too odd and nowhere near the c-ball whereas the easy ball behaves more like a c-ball.

I find the bounce of the easy ball way closer to the G40+ than any XSF 1*, 2** or even 3***. All of them suck terribly in this category.
Since we're talkin' 'bout training balls, a suggestion of a 3*** Ball seems a bit misplaced to me, except your name is Richie Rich.
But one who thinks the easy ball isn't good enough for him/her could also try the master quality which looks a bit closer to the G40+

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Sorry guys, but i totally disagree with all you three.
IMHO the Adham-Sharara-memorial-Ball or how you call it the XSF disqualifies cause it is absolutely not comparable since its bounce is waaay too odd and nowhere near the c-ball whereas the easy ball behaves more like a c-ball.

I find the bounce of the easy ball way closer to the G40+ than any XSF 1*, 2** or even 3***. All of them suck terribly in this category.
Since we're talkin' 'bout training balls, a suggestion of a 3*** Ball seems a bit misplaced to me, except your name is Richie Rich.
But one who thinks the easy ball isn't good enough for him/her could also try the master quality which looks a bit closer to the G40+

If you play with G40+ in all of your competitions than sure - it's fine to use easy ball for daily training. In our country people use all different balls - dhs, xushaofa, kingnik, tibhar, joola mostly, so for me those xushaofa training balls just sits somewhere in the middle of all those, and it breaks a little bit less than other (just a little bit).
As of competition balls - there's only one ball for me that I can call it THE BALL - it's Nittaku Premium 40+. Those are all really round (not half of them like others) and at least twice as hard as all others, so it breaks mutch less and is really more stable on the table. There was somewhere interview with Ovtcharov, and he also said that he would like to play ALL competitions only with Nittaku Premium (it was not commercial, he doesn't said the name, just said "ball that was used in european championships, Baku"). Same said by one women which I spoke with from world TOP100 ranking. Yes, it's price is double all others, but you can really play table tennis, not some freaky dancing on the floor because of soft/not round ball.. All your nervs costs more :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Teddie don't get me wrong. In our league the clubs are free to choose if they use C-Balls or P-Balls, so most clubs still go for the C-Balls since the P-Ball quality used to be so inconsistent, but not all clubs do so. Some use P-Balls. So IMO it makes the most sense to either choose a c-ball or a P-Ball that behaves pretty much like a c-ball and not a ball that bounces so weirdly.

Our club also has a few of the XSF balls, and I agree it's a very durable Ball, but IMHO that's not the only criteria that defines a good ball.
The XSF used to be my favourite P-Ball....

....But that was before I knew the G40+ and the NP40+ (Nittaku Premium 40+)
After getting used to these balls suddenly all the other balls felt literally like sh*t.
The balls you mentioned are either seamless rebranded XSF (there goes that weird bounce again) or seamed chinese balls (i know this sounds hardly possible, but even weirder bounce)

Someone who is a well respected person on different tt-forums wrote that the best thing would be if the chinese P-Ball manufacturers would stop making annoying balls and instead make something more pragmatic from them.
[Emoji6]

.....My personal assessment remains that the world would be a better place if all Chinese seamed balls, including the newest DHS, were re-purposed to make other plastic objects, like buckets to hold balls, or objects unrelated to table tennis.

Personally i think Baal wasn't very wrong when he wrote that...
[Emoji2]
And oh yes, one more thing: the NP40+ is slightly smaller than the other balls, so of course it should feel closer to 40mm c-balls, since it's actually a 40mm Poly Ball and not a real 40+mm Ball...
Just my 25¢

Edit: here's a link to that thread. One might find this interesting. ;)

http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?10404-Which-poly-ball-should-you-choose/page4

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Anybody using neotec 1 star for training?

Enviado de meu D6633 usando Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
I could really use some help picking out a cost effective training ball for multi-ball and robot use. Once you get beyond listing what the best balls are, the Polly ball conversation feels like a mess especially with the Quality changes.
These are some balls I was considering and I was wondering if anyone had experiences with them. Any other suggestions or confirmations regarding the above listed balls are welcome. Butterfly easy is a option but I'm not really wanting to spend $80 bucks on 144 training balls if I can avoid it.

Just for reference our club plays with Nittaku 40+ premium balls. I really like these and I play mostly with those in matches. but I also have the XSF balls which I don't mind as long as I can warm up with it for a while to make the adjustments.

JOOLA Magic - Pack of 144 (50.00 dollars right now at mega spin) I leaning toward this option.

Gambler Bullet Platinum 3 ( it's not a full Polly ball it's a Polly blend not sure it's a good idea) 144 for $ 60at zero pong

GAMBLER BULLET GOLD PREMIUM 2 star 144 for $43

GAMBLER 40+ MULTI & ROBOT BALLS - PACK OF 72 21 dollars

DHS 1 Stars Balls 144 for 35 or so plus shipping from ttnp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
So I went with the joola Magic. 30 dollars cheaper than the butterfly ball made it worth the try. I have only used it for robot not for multi ball yet but I like them quite a bit. There are great robot ball. very consistent, quality Control seems high so far I haven't noticed a bad ball. I will know more after using them for multi ball, but they seem pretty sound with decent spin.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Checking back in on Joola Magic. really nice training balls have been using them multi ball and they are working great. 50$ for 144 seemed to good deal.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
One more check back on joola Magic training balls. I'm still happy with them for a training ball but they do spin less or I should say there's not as much drop on the loops, and they also require a stroke the compresses the ball a bit more or they can float just a bit. Not that big of a suprize really the old Nittaku Polly 40 balls ( not the new 40+) did that some.