Share your club!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
So our club in Kansas has started a league night every Thursday night. This was an attempt to bring new players to the club, and a way to make a little money to expand the club with tables, nets etc.

We do a round robin format and adjust peoples ratings accordingly every week.

We've only been doing the league for about 5 months but it's expanded quite quickly getting pretty full. tonight we had 33 players sign up for league tonight, and about 8 regular members using the TWO non-league tables (They're being stubborn, not wanting to play with new people).

https://www.kansascitytabletennis.com/

Here's a video of tonights league. from a top view, theres seating on a wall not shown in the video.

What's your club like? have any photos or videos of it?

Lastly, what would you guys do to improve a new developing club? We have a huge range of players from 800 USATT to over 2200 USATT

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Feb 2016
those cardboard things to stop the ball from going to the other side look strange :-D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
what if a player gets angry and kicks the cardboard making a hole in it.
the ball could go through and never ever come back :-(

Reactions: SquareBall
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
what if a player gets angry and kicks the cardboard making a hole in it.
the ball could go through and never ever come back :-(

haha, a player has gotten angry and thrown their paddle hard enough to make a whole through one in the past. Fortunately if a ball does so happen to go through it, we would probably just pretend the ball went over it and ask someone for a little help or go pick it up ;)

NDH

says Spin to win!
This is my small club in the UK!

We recently received a grant from the local council for brand new tables/barriers/balls!

FullSizeRender 4.jpgFullSizeRender 5.jpgFullSizeRender 6.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
haha, a player has gotten angry and thrown their paddle hard enough to make a whole through one in the past. Fortunately if a ball does so happen to go through it, we would probably just pretend the ball went over it and ask someone for a little help or go pick it up ;)

the problem is they seem hard to move so it's not like the regular ones that you just move them to one side.
regular ones I mean like the ones you have between each table next to where the net is.

I belong to a TT Community, we don't call it a club as the County supplies the tables and room. Since it's from taxpayer dollars, we also can't charge. The tables are 25mm and yes you see right, there are only 3 tables. We do have 12 players just about every night. Much waiting, however, friendly discussions are always on the sidelines. I've submitted a request for 2-5 new tables that should appear in about 2 years.

If you want to play penholders, this is the place!

Henrico County, Virginia,
Deep Run park
Tuesday, Thursday, 6:00pm-8:30pm

This is one of 3 clubs in a 20 mile radius.
Players waiting their turn.jpgDRpark_PerryCamera.jpg

This is some of the members, young lady bottom center plays in China leagues, visits us when she's in town.

Last edited:
Another club I visit is: Hickory Hills Recreation Center, in Richmond, Virginia. 5 miles South of the downtown area. They recently received 4 Bty tables after a 4 years waiting period (remember, this recreation center is funded by the city of Richmond). This is the second of three clubs in the Richmond/Henrico Virginia area (all within 15 miles of each other).

Hickory Hills Recreation Center
Richmond, Virginia
Thursday's 6:00pm-8:30pm (often playing past 9pm).

IMG_20160204_204702588.jpg

Last edited:
This is the third club in the Richmond/Henrico VA area. A formal club named: Richmond Table Tennis club. It's been around since the 1970's (from what I've been told).

Often visited by current and former VCU TT team members. Many here often play in tournaments.

Richmond Table Tennis club
Weinstein JCC, on Monument Ave
Wednesday 6:00pm-9:00pm
Saturday 1:30pm-5:00pm

Apologies for the poor photo, taken early on a Wednesday night They are a Bty club with 6 tables.

IMG_20160203_184926704_HDR.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
I play in a Billiard - Ping Pong hall on the first floor there is the pool tables and on the second floor there is table tennis.
http://www.loginbilliards.gr/
Table Tennis is pretty new opened November of 2015...
4 Stiga Expert Roller tables
login_pp1.jpg
2 Donic World Champion TC tables
20151221_193829.jpg
Donic tables play like a dream!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Shuki I heard about the table lighting upgrades that all sounds great. Op is a good club. I hope to be able to make it over there more when my sechedul changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
Shuki I heard about the table lighting upgrades that all sounds great. Op is a good club. I hope to be able to make it over there more when my sechedul changes.

Sent from m using Tapatalk

the lighting finally got fixed this last week, it's much better. now player's complaints consist of "the lighting change is throwing me off too much" haha

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
never ends finding problems as to why people are not playing well. I speak from experience lol.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Older post but I think it would be cool to hear about, see other peoples clubs. Hope this can keep going.