Me my equipment and a rubber question Adidas Tenzone Ultra sf (long post)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
A few things about me I am 42 years old now, I was playing table tennis on a team from when I was 11 to about 15 years old. Last year I started playing again after a 26 year break and from November I started training with a coach couple hours a week. I play table tennis as hobby just because I like it, I don't play competitions at the moment, mostly I enjoy training and doing drills at the moment, last month I started playing sets with some people. When I am training and doing drills I keep my speed down, but when I am playing sets I am aggressive and I like to hit the ball with high speed and do fast spins also smash and finish the points early. There is also a weight issue for myself so finishing the points fast is a big plus. I don't care if I win or lose but I enjoy hitting the ball fast :)

For the last months I am using Butterfly Schlager Carbon off+ (95 gram) blade with Adidas Tenzone Ultra max forehand and Adidas Tenzone Ultra SF max on backhand. Before that I had Stiga Infinity with Adidas P7 max, I didn't had any problems going to Schlager Carbon from Infinity I adjusted very fast.
But before Infinity when I started playing again and went from Ulf Tickan Carlsson allround wood with Sriver to Stiga infinity and Adidas P7 that was a huge step...

My main question is that I want a similar rubber like the Tenzone Ultra SF for the backhand with a lot of speed for spins and smashing and good amount of spin. "From Manufacturer sponge Hardeness EUR 40°, speed 107, spin 102, overall feeling medium"

blades.jpg

Couple of weeks ago I bought a Stiga Ebenholz NCT V (92 gram), I glued my adidas rubbers on it and gave it a try, my first impressions was that the blade felt stiff and fast, had more dwell time, but looked like it had a little less spin then my Schlager Carbon and the angles was slightly different. My fast spins was going off table. My coach also tried it and she told me that I should try softer rubbers for this blade.

Last week I bought 2 Stiga Airoc Astro S rubbers max I tried them for about one hour on my Stiga Ebenholz nct v I thought that this rubbers went pretty well with it, they were also lighter and made the balance better, adidas rubbers made the blade head heavy, there is a 8-10 grams difference with Stiga rubbers been lighter, I didn't tried a lot stuff but the blade felt ok for a backup blade and to try something different...

Wednesday I decided to try the Airoc rubbers on my Schlager carbon, this setup was slower then Tenzone rubbers as expected, I felt ok on spins and smashing with my forehand, control is also good both forehand and backhand, what I didn't like was that my backhand spins, the speed was way off, if I brush the ball when spinning backhand I feel like I am 20-30% slower doing the same stroke that I usually do... Same thing for my coach and a friend that also tried backhand spins was pretty slow from them also...

Most people I have the chance to play with, don't have fast blades and rubbers so I can't try other things except what I buy. I only tried from someone Tenergy 80 for 2 minutes two months ago on his Timo Boll alc, so I can't say much about it other that the spring effect felt way different from the other rubbers I tried, I don't know if I like it or not from my short experience, his rubbers was brand new first day so I didn't want to try it for a longer period. With a friend that I play more regularly I tried Yasaka Rising Dragon Tacky on Timo Boll Spirit. On forehand I can generate a lot of speed and spin with Rising Dragon but smashing felt little slow but it is a 5 month well used rubber. Tried on backhand also it was ok but I think I should stay to a tension rubber for now.

In my old blade from the 80s Stiga Ulf Tickan Carlsson allround wood (80 gram), I put the Adidas Tenzone Ultra rubbers on it is a little slow but the feel is great so the rubbers will stay here... I am also tired of regluing them.
ULF.jpg

I will put back the Airoc rubbers on the Stiga Ebenholz nct v and I will try it like that, or might sell it.

Last for my main blade Schlager carbon, my coach told me that I could try some Tacky rubber for my forehand but I should find a similar rubber like the Tenzone Ultra SF for my backhand because the loss of speed with the Airoc. I am thinking of DHS Hurricane 3 Neo as a cheap test with the tacky rubbers, but I don't know what to use for my backhand, one thing I know Airoc astro S is too slow for me.
Sorry for the long post.