Chinese rubber contact

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
Guys I just wanted to know how should the contact of the ball with the hurricane 3 neo be? Should it be flatter or should it have a brushing contact? Because I'm not quite sure how to adjest my techniques to the hurricane 3 neo.

Thanks
brush, brush, brush. That's what I know at least and I'm 99.99% sure that I'm right even tho I have never used tacky rubbers

This user has no status.
I have seen some of the comments and i disagree slightly. I explain.. I guess you want to use chinese rubber to potentially also immitate the chinese way of playing table tennis. That means by ball 3, you are ready to close the point. So achieve this, you need to learn light brushing to put the opposition into difficulty and fast brush/hit to finish the point. conclusion: you need to learn and masterbarely brush (more spin and less fast.. safe shot!), then fast hit/ brush to close the point. both are essential to maximise use of tackiness / control and speed.

Reactions: Suga D and BeGo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
Guys I just wanted to know how should the contact of the ball with the hurricane 3 neo be? Should it be flatter or should it have a brushing contact? Because I'm not quite sure how to adjest my techniques to the hurricane 3 neo.

Thanks

IMHO, the answer is it depends. Depending on circumstances, you may need to play a shot with a more solid or a fine brushing contact. They key thing to remember is that you need to be in control of the shot, and ideally play a fast active stroke. The slower you swing when using a tacky rubber or the more passively you execute the stroke the more your shot may be potentially affected by the spin of the incoming ball due to the rubber tack, and the result will likely not be what you expect.

says what [IMG]
Why is it that most Chinese tutorials suggest keeping the wrist fairly neutral, and the angle about 45 in the basic stroke? The normal stroke doesn't differ at all from the western variation in the basics. About 45 degrees as neutral, same swing angle as blade angle, close for topspin and open for backspin etc.

It's quite strange how some people say that you should sink the ball into the sponge and hit hard because of the hard sponge, while others say to hit soft and brush along the side. Others say to close the angle more, others say to open the angle more against either backspin or topspin.

I think I will trust the national team on this one.

This user has no status.
Why is it that most Chinese tutorials suggest keeping the wrist fairly neutral, and the angle about 45 in the basic stroke? The normal stroke doesn't differ at all from the western variation in the basics. About 45 degrees as neutral, same swing angle as blade angle, close for topspin and open for backspin etc.

It's quite strange how some people say that you should sink the ball into the sponge and hit hard because of the hard sponge, while others say to hit soft and brush along the side. Others say to close the angle more, others say to open the angle more against either backspin or topspin.

It truly depends on the situation. H3 isn't good for smashing...so that says a lot for what angle is needed to produce a successful shot. Chinese rubbers are all about spin. So brushing is a must. The better you get with the rubber, the more you'll be able to do with it. I smash with my h3. I don't do the twiddle thing in order to hit a smash with the tensor rubber on my backhand. If I we're an ittf guy competing then I might consider twiddling. But since I'm not, I keep things as simple as possible. My point is, some people can't smash with Chinese rubbers but others can. The more you play with it, the more you will be able to do with it. My best advice

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews

You should sink the ball into the sponge AND brush the ball. With only brush the ball will be a spinny but very slow ball. It easily can fall out of the rubber (loud Tzizz sound). Chinese rubbers are for powerful loops.

Reactions: BeGo

NDH

says Spin to win!
But if it's more spiny how come his shots are bullets

You can't really compare the world number 1 to the every day player.

Hurricane 3 is fine for close looping, but it's well known for sucking when it comes to smashing (even Ma Long flips it over to his Red side).

The Chinese Style forehand is also different to the EU guys forehands (different technique!).

Reactions: BeGo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
Wht about the sound made when the ball contacts the bat, it sounds like a hitting sound?
Boosted rubbers generate a 'hitting' sound even on loops. That sound indicates that the sponge is used in the shot. If you only do a slight brush with the topsheet, it will be quiet. When you use an unboosted rubber, only hits and powerloops generate that sound. But Ma Long's rubbers are boosted like the hell, so it's loud.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Niang Ling... Mostly you are using more open bat angle forward motion high-impact kind of strokes to make the best use of H3 on FH wing. I sometimes use this on BH wing and I have good impacts for the different BH situations (except a BH fast loop from distance under pressure) (Hint players, milk that one before i fix it in tourneys)

I have a really older Korean gent who left a few months ago to coach your Mayanmar junior team, so if you can look him up, tell him William asked you to see him, he will remember me as the American who speaks Korean and plays in DC Chantilly area. I think he will be finished with the junior team in April.

Reactions: gmiller2233
This user has no status.
Niang Ling... Mostly you are using more open bat angle forward motion high-impact kind of strokes to make the best use of H3 on FH wing. I sometimes use this on BH wing and I have good impacts for the different BH situations (except a BH fast loop from distance under pressure) (Hint players, milk that one before i fix it in tourneys)

I have a really older Korean gent who left a few months ago to coach your Mayanmar junior team, so if you can look him up, tell him William asked you to see him, he will remember me as the American who speaks Korean and plays in DC Chantilly area. I think he will be finished with the junior team in April.

DC Chantilly area! I'm a DC native! Born and raised until the military career. Northeast area of DC. Graduate of HD Woodson. Glad to meet you