Who do you think will win the Kuwait Open 2016?

• Ma Long

Votes: 31 58.5%
  • Fan Zhendong

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Xu Xin

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Zhang Jike

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • Dimitrij Ovtcharov

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Chuang Chih Yuan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jun Mizutani

• Vladimir Samsonov

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Wong Chun Ting

• Other (Post Below)

• Total voters
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
Last 32 Round - Men's Singles

Ma Long vs Joao Geraldo
Li Ahmet vs Stefan Fegerl
Lee Sangsu vs Li Ping
Simon Gauzy vs Vladimir Samsonov

Jun Mizutani vs Tiago Apolonia
Mikhail Paikov vs Koki Niwa
Salem Al - Hasan vs Hugo Calderano
Li Hu vs Xu Xin

Zhang Jike vs Aleksandar Karakasevic
Mizuki Oikawa vs Andrej Gacina
Wong Chun Ting vs Wang Yang
Ho Kwan Kit vs Dimitrij Ovtcharov

Chuang Chih Yuan vs Yujia Zhai
Adam Pattantyus vs TANG Peng HKG
Jung Youngsik vs NUYTINCK Cedric Nuytinck
Bojan Tokic vs Fan Zhendong

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
I am watching Apolonia vs Mizutani, now live, and it sounds like there is not a single spectator there. Actually they are playing pretty decent rallies but the only ones who are clapping and making some noise are their coaches I think. That is so sad and must be completely stupid for the sportsmen. Imagine you are one of the best players in the world and you have to play in an empty room where nobody cares... :(

Reactions: Ilia Minkin

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
check out the last set Mizutani vs Apolonia, point 11:10. Best rally of the year. Both were tired with this point and tried not to loose the shot. Absolutely amazing.

Absolutely outstanding!!! The rally has everything including a diving shot!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
I am watching Apolonia vs Mizutani, now live, and it sounds like there is not a single spectator there. Actually they are playing pretty decent rallies but the only ones who are clapping and making some noise are their coaches I think. That is so sad and must be completely stupid for the sportsmen. Imagine you are one of the best players in the world and you have to play in an empty room where nobody cares... :(

I agree, such a sterile environemnt, feels so weird...

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Hehe. I think, if ZJK was the 3 seed, he would be in the draw at the bottom against FZD and if he was the 4 seed he'd still be in the bottom against FZD. I think it is a conspiracy: C-O-N-spiracy. :)

There's someone from the goon squad working within the ITTF to ensure that ZJK and ML can't play against each other unless it is the final. And I will continue to assert that and pretend I never saw the 2016 German Open, or better yet, there were other goon squad members who were trying to ensure that a German player got into the German Open finals by putting all the CNT players on the top side of the draw and putting Timo and Dima on the bottom side of the draw. But those goon squad members hadn't thought about Samsonov.

I think, if I wanted to pretend to really be a crazy person, I could probably do that pretty well. hehe.

It can only be explained one way...

It is all a Carl-spiracy from Deep Space. :D

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
In QF China seems to be struggling. I am amzed by Mizutani play. Something new in hys style. He tries to initiate rally and play aggresive all the time. Come on Jun!!!

This is the best I have ever seen Mizutani play. It almost brings tears to my eyes to see someone at that level so willing to play against type and to try new things because he wants to win.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
no words can explain how sorry I am for mizutani. Anyway great comeback.

I was so happy at 10-4 that I am depressed at 10-12. Samsonov put something in the water with the way he played in the 4th game against Ma Long. He showed the template and everyone followed it. But no one has the fitness or temperament to fully execute it.