Looking for Blade and Rubber combination

This user has no status.
Hi ,
I am intermediate player. My game is more based on playing top spins. I am not a very quick mover. I am looking to buy a new blade for myself and need some suggestion from expierence player.
Currently i am using Donic Waldner ultra senso carbon blade with Donic bluefire jp03 (max thickness) on forehand and Tibhar 5q(max thickness) on backhand. I recently changed my backhand rubber and strugging with 5q at moment.
I am looking for setup which is good for allround play.

Any suggestion?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
Waldner ultra senso is a good blade and unless you dont like it, just stick with it.

As for the rubber, getting a slower setup is always a good thing to develop control. Perhaps something like xiom vega pro or DHS Tinarc 3 on FH and xiom vega europe on BH? Or you could always flip the jp03 to BH as it's a soft rubber

This user has no status.
I agree. Slower is better when you're just starting to learn the game. The Donic Desto series of rubbers might do you well. I would suggest Donic Desto (F3). It's not the slowest but it's good to learn with. Also you might want to try Sriver by Butterfly because it's a good all around rubber. I would suggest regular Sriver (not el or any other variation).

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Usually rubbers that are on the softer side work better for BH. The reason is, the stroke is so much smaller and you use enough less body in the stroke that getting the same power from the impact is not usually the case even when someone's BH is better than their FH.

It usually doesn't really matter what specific rubber. A semi-soft rubber which is easy to control should be good for you.

But, you say you are struggling. What is going on? Is it control? Is it spin? Explain what is going wrong as fully as you can.

What was your previous setup? What does your blade feel like to you?

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

This user has no status.
Hi All,
Thank you for wonderful insight. My prevous setup was Donic Waldner Ultra senso with bluefire j03 max on forehand and bluefire jp03 2.0 mm backhand. I changed tibhar 5q as it was suggested bit faster than bluefire but the problem i am facing is i found tibhar 5q has greater throw angle than jp03 and my backhand shots are flying to away from table.
Also it is time to change my blade as i am using it for quite a few years now and it has began to wear n tear. Since ultra senso has hallow handle and bit head heavy i am looking for blade which is not head heavy but has balance weight. So as suggested i will stick with JP03 but some suggestion for 5 ply all round (bit offensive) blade would help.

This user has no status.
Hi All,
Thank you for wonderful insight. My prevous setup was Donic Waldner Ultra senso with bluefire j03 max on forehand and bluefire jp03 2.0 mm backhand. I changed tibhar 5q as it was suggested bit faster than bluefire but the problem i am facing is i found tibhar 5q has greater throw angle than jp03 and my backhand shots are flying to away from table.
Also it is time to change my blade as i am using it for quite a few years now and it has began to wear n tear. Since ultra senso has hallow handle and bit head heavy i am looking for blade which is not head heavy but has balance weight. So as suggested i will stick with JP03 but some suggestion for 5 ply all round (bit offensive) blade would help.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
This is my list of blades that fits the description that it sounds like you are looking for:

1) Stiga Allround Evolution
2) Yasaka Sweden Extra
3) Tibhar Stratus Power Wood
4) Butterfly Primorac Off-
5) OSP Virtuoso Off-
6) Nittaku Acoustic
7) Nittaku Violin
8) OSP Virtuoso Plus
9) Butterfly Petr Korbel

There is more. But that should be more than enough.

The Butterfly blades have good feeling but a dull feeling. Most of the other blades on that list have a crisper feel. They all are soft and have good dwell time for creating excellent spin.

And, yeah, if your old BH rubber worked, you might as well stick with it. Or if you wanted a little more pop from the BH you could use that rubber in Max on your BH instead of 2.0.

Good luck.