kids and primorac

This user has no status.
i dont because i dont have something faster and i know my own limits :D
i feel people usually upgrade when they are not supposed to and they hurt their own game in the long run
IMO i think people shd just stop buying unnecessary equipment and get more coaching or practice more.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I think everyone should play whatever he/she wants ;)

As opposed to someone playing in a national team winning and getting better and better is not everyone's goal. Most people play for fun and are happy to play a few phenomenal balls with high speed and good sound and therefore want fast equipment. They don't care if they lose five games a year more or less. And that is absolutely ok.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Feb 2016
I think everyone should play whatever he/she wants ;)

As opposed to someone playing in a national team winning and getting better and better is not everyone's goal. Most people play for fun and are happy to play a few phenomenal balls with high speed and good sound and therefore want fast equipment. They don't care if they lose five games a year more or less. And that is absolutely ok.

are you suggesting we all use schlager carbon + t64?
are you insane?
people will get injured.
30 balls will be broken each training session.
mass chaos would occur!!!!

Last edited:

NDH

says Spin to win!
are you suggesting we all use schlager carbon + t64?
are you insane?
people will get injured.
30 balls will be broken each training session.
mass chaos would occur!!!!

Hi Kukamonga,

Out of pure curiosity, have you ever used any of these "super fast" set ups?

The reason I ask, is that on a graph, or looking at the cold hard stats, something like the Schlager Caron with T64 seems like it would fire faster than a bullet.....

But the reality is, it's just not like that. You can barely see the difference if you were watching someone play with a SC, or a JM ZLC - Heck, even a Timo Boll Spirit.

*note* I said "see" the difference - As in, if you were watching 2 people play. When "using" the different set ups, you can see/feel the difference yourself, although people watching you wouldn't.

If you've tried them, and disagree with me, then OK - I'm just speaking from 15 years personal experience......

Reactions: BeGo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
Hi Kukamonga,

Out of pure curiosity, have you ever used any of these "super fast" set ups?

The reason I ask, is that on a graph, or looking at the cold hard stats, something like the Schlager Caron with T64 seems like it would fire faster than a bullet.....

But the reality is, it's just not like that. You can barely see the difference if you were watching someone play with a SC, or a JM ZLC - Heck, even a Timo Boll Spirit.

*note* I said "see" the difference - As in, if you were watching 2 people play. When "using" the different set ups, you can see/feel the difference yourself, although people watching you wouldn't.

If you've tried them, and disagree with me, then OK - I'm just speaking from 15 years personal experience......

yeah I had a schlager but don't remember using it with tenergy.
but I have a gergely alpha which is pretty much the same and yes it's not that fast with tenergy.
but it kind of sucks for pushing and playing defensive players.

Last edited:

NDH

says Spin to win!
yeah I had a schlager but don't remember using it with tenergy.
but I have a gergely alpha which is pretty much the same and yes it's not that fast with tenergy.
but it kind of sucks for pushing and playing defensive players.

It's funny, people always told me they hated my set up (SC with Tenergy), but I had grown used to it for years......

Having used the Garaydia for a few sessions now, I see what they meant about pushing! On reflection.... The SC with T64/05 really was a nightmare to keep there ball short!

That being said, back to your original point.......

Just because something works for 1 person, doesn't mean it'll work for the next.

People should play with either:

1. What makes them happier than a kid at Christmas.
2. The absolute best (through trial and error), set up they can get hold of.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
It's funny, people always told me they hated my set up (SC with Tenergy), but I had grown used to it for years......

Having used the Garaydia for a few sessions now, I see what they meant about pushing! On reflection.... The SC with T64/05 really was a nightmare to keep there ball short!

That being said, back to your original point.......

Just because something works for 1 person, doesn't mean it'll work for the next.

People should play with either:

1. What makes them happier than a kid at Christmas.
2. The absolute best (through trial and error), set up they can get hold of.

I used amulart too and it sucks just as bad for pushing.
I think it's a problem of butterfly hinoki blades.
the difference with for example a viscaria is huge, the feeling of viscaria is very sharp so you can be very precise if you are good.

I really loved playing a relaxed blocker game from mid distance with amultart, it's perfect for that.
I remember going to a tournament and I didn't do too bad but man I found it hard to play the amultart in tournament mode.
I think amultart is a blade for fun more than for serious play.

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl

NDH

says Spin to win!
I used amulart too and it sucks just as bad for pushing.
I think it's a problem of butterfly hinoki blades.
the difference with for example a viscaria is huge, the feeling of viscaria is very sharp so you can be very precise if you are good.

I really loved playing a relaxed blocker game from mid distance with amultart, it's perfect for that.
I remember going to a tournament and I didn't do too bad but man I found it hard to play the amultart in tournament mode.
I think amultart is a blade for fun more than for serious play.

Couldn't disagree with you more.

Didn't like the Viscaria when I tried it - Garaydia ZLC is basically a rebranded Amultart and I absolutely love the short game with it.

I guess it would be boring if we all liked and used the same stuff!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
Couldn't disagree with you more.

Didn't like the Viscaria when I tried it - Garaydia ZLC is basically a rebranded Amultart and I absolutely love the short game with it.

I guess it would be boring if we all liked and used the same stuff!

I remember the day I said "ok let's consider the gergely alpha..."
I went to play and it was ok, similar performance as viscaria.
then I go play a chopper and that was bad.
I would loop once, ball comes back with backspin, and I didn't know how to hit the next ball.
the feeling of the blade was so inexact and blurry.....
back to viscaria.

NDH

says Spin to win!
garaydia was designed for the plastic ball so not really surprised if its going to be a bit slower

Hi Darnner123 - You've come out with some absolute beauties in the last few hours.

The Garaydia is quite literally, the same as the Amultart - It's just Butterfly marketing spiel.

Also.... 1 of the things you are right about, is that it was designed for the Plastic Ball..... Which means they made it faster (because the Plastic Ball is slower).

But again.... It is Butterfly marketing spiel! I mean.... "Designed for the Plastic Ball"? Seriously? lol.... No......